Kids will have fun practicing counting by 2, 5, and 6 with this free printable Ice Cream Sundae Skip Counting Activity perfect for summer learning or math centers with kindergarten and grade 1.
Looking for a fun way to get kids to learn skip counting? These sundae themed skip counting strips are perfect for that! Learners will use dry erase markers or magnetic numbers, and then skip count to solve the number puzzles on each strip. Included in the math pack for kindergartners and 1st grade includes:
- Skip counting by 2
- Skip Counting by 5
- Skip Counting by 6
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, this is a fun math activity for kindergartners, first grade, and even 2nd grade students. Use this as extra practice, as summer learning, or in math center before school lets out.
Skip Counting Activity
If you used the blackline template have students color their math sundaes with crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. You can differentiate these strips and use numbers up to 5 with some of your learners depending on their level.
- A4 paper
- Unifix cubes for counting practice
Teaching Skip Counting
Prepare and cut up the skip counting strips you can place these in a mini tub along with unifix cubes so the kids can pretend they are building sundaes. There are also black and white options. Be sure to have enough cubes and strips. The students will then choose a strip, then begin to skip count by that number. They can also use unifix cubes to assist them as they learn to skip count by 2,5 and 6. Watch the students as they do this – have them even roll play dough to create the skip counting numbers. Some kids will begin building their unifix cubes right away– that’s ok too. Just be sure they are doing this correctly. The cubes you purchase can be used to connect and build just make sure that you buy the right ones that can do this too.
These tasks can easily be differentiated with your learners. So have the younger kids work on number 2 strips and the advanced learners working on 5 & 6.
This activity is hands-on and perfect for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more skip counting games and activities. Kids will love counting and building using sundae scoops.
Skip Counting Activities
Looking for more hands-on, fun skip counting activites for young learners? You will love these resources:
- Dot to Dot Skip Counting Worksheets
- Skip Counting Posters – great visual!
- Fun Skip Counting Printable Mazes 2s-10s
- Skip Counting Games – Puzzles 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, 8s, 9s, 10s
- Christmas Skip Counting Printable
- Skip counting beach puzzles
- Fall Skip Counting Worksheets
- Counting by 2s and 3s Clip Cards
- Self Checking Skip Counting Plates
- Vegetable skip counting puzzles
- Skip Counting Worksheets 2s-10s (getting progressively harder)
- 39 Counting Activities for Kids
- Craft Stick Skip Counting Activity – a great visual for kids learning to skip count
- Skip Counting Math Craft perfect for spring
See all our Kindergarten Counting Activities
Looking for our most popular content? Here it is!
- Super cute alphabet coloring pages – just print and color!
- You will love these no prep, printable alphabet crafts
- How cute are these Zoo Animal color by number worksheets for kindergarten
- ABC Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Love these alphabet handprints ideas for kids!
- These Alphabet Worksheets help kids practice so many skills
- Tracing Alphabet cards to use with fingers, dry erase markers, or playdough!
- Snow Globe Snow Worksheets that help kids practice letter recognition
- Work on color sorting with this low prep printable
- Alphabet Mats are a great way to work on learning your ABCs
- Looking for no prep worksheets to print and trace? Try these a to z worksheet for kindergarten
- Kids will want to practice with these fun kindergarten math worksheets
- You will love these Alphabet Tracing strips for practicing upper and lowercase letters!
If you have a kindergarten or teach kindergartners, you don’t want to miss all our fun and FREE theme worksheets, free alphabet printables, kindergarten math, kindergarten science, kindergarten phonics, kindergarten crafts, and kindergarten themes!
Download Ice Cream Skip Counting Printable
Before you download your Frog-Themed Number Game Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.