Kids will have fun practicing counting by 2, 5, and 6 with this free printable Ice Cream Sundae Skip Counting Activity perfect for summer learning or math centers with kindergarten and grade 1.
Looking for a fun way to get kids to learn skip counting? These sundae themed skip counting strips are perfect for that! Learners will use dry erase markers or magnetic numbers, and then skip count to solve the number puzzles on each strip. Included in the math pack for kindergartners and 1st grade includes:
- Skip counting by 2
- Skip Counting by 5
- Skip Counting by 6
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, this is a fun math activity for kindergartners, first grade, and even 2nd grade students. Use this as extra practice, as summer learning, or in math center before school lets out.
Skip Counting Activity
If you used the blackline template have students color their math sundaes with crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. You can differentiate these strips and use numbers up to 5 with some of your learners depending on their level.
- A4 paper
- Unifix cubes for counting practice
Teaching Skip Counting
Prepare and cut up the skip counting strips you can place these in a mini tub along with unifix cubes so the kids can pretend they are building sundaes. There are also black and white options. Be sure to have enough cubes and strips. The students will then choose a strip, then begin to skip count by that number. They can also use unifix cubes to assist them as they learn to skip count by 2,5 and 6. Watch the students as they do this – have them even roll play dough to create the skip counting numbers. Some kids will begin building their unifix cubes right away– that’s ok too. Just be sure they are doing this correctly. The cubes you purchase can be used to connect and build just make sure that you buy the right ones that can do this too.
These tasks can easily be differentiated with your learners. So have the younger kids work on number 2 strips and the advanced learners working on 5 & 6.
This activity is hands-on and perfect for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more skip counting games and activities. Kids will love counting and building using sundae scoops.
FREE Skip Counting Printables
Looking for more fun skip counting activities to make learning to skip count fun? Check out these fun and FREE resources!
- Printable Skip Counting Paths
- Free Skip Counting Worksheets – follow the path
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Fun Skip Counting Mazes
- Craft Stick Skip Counting Activity
- Hands-on Skip Counting Puzzles
- Reusable Skip Counting Write & Wipe
- Under the Sea Skip Counting Dot to Dot
- Free Skip Counting Visuals
- Christmas Skip Counting Printable
- Cute Skip Counting Activity – Lacing Plates
- Free Printable Skip Counting Posters – fantastic visual for elementary age students
- Printable Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Free Printable Skip Counting Puzzles 2s-10s
- Cute Christmas Skip Counting
- Christmas Skip Counting Puzzles
- Skip Counting Chart Worksheets 1s-15s
- Famous Landmarks Around the World Skip Counting Puzzles
- Cute Summer Skip Counting Puzzles
- Fun Winter Skip Counting Puzzles
- Counting by 2s and counting by 3s clip cards
- Skip Counting Activity Counting by Lacing Plates (self-checking activity)
- Oregon Trail Themed Skip Counting Game
- Smores Skip Counting Printable
- Constellations Skip Counting Worksheets – dot to dot activity
- Yummy Sundae Skip Counting Ativities for Kindergartners
- Fall Skip Counting Worksheets
- Hands-on skip counting activity with craft sticks – great visual!
Looking for our most popular content? Here it is!
- Super cute alphabet coloring pages – just print and color!
- You will love these no prep, printable alphabet crafts
- How cute are these Zoo Animal color by number worksheets for kindergarten
- ABC Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Love these alphabet handprints ideas for kids!
- These Alphabet Worksheets help kids practice so many skills
- Tracing Alphabet cards to use with fingers, dry erase markers, or playdough!
- Snow Globe Snow Worksheets that help kids practice letter recognition
- Work on color sorting with this low prep printable
- Alphabet Mats are a great way to work on learning your ABCs
- Looking for no prep worksheets to print and trace? Try these a to z worksheet for kindergarten
- Kids will want to practice with these fun kindergarten math worksheets
- You will love these Alphabet Tracing strips for practicing upper and lowercase letters!
If you have a kindergarten or teach kindergartners, you don’t want to miss all our fun and FREE theme worksheets, free alphabet printables, kindergarten math, kindergarten science, kindergarten phonics, kindergarten crafts, and kindergarten themes!
Download Ice Cream Skip Counting Printable
Before you download your Frog-Themed Number Game Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.