Sneak in some practice skip counting with these super cute, free printable clip cards monster math activity. Children will figure out the missing number as they skip count by 4. This counting by 4s practice is fun for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too. Simply print monster printables for thsi skip counting activity.
Counting by 4s
Looking for a fun way to get kids to learn skip counting? These Counting by 4s clip cards will be a hit with your students! The best part about these cards is that they are almost no prep. Learners will use dry erase markers, mini erasers, or pegs, and then skip count to solve the number puzzles on each strip. Skip counting by 4s is included in this printable download.
Skip Counting Printables
- A4 paper
- Unifix cubes for counting practice
- Dry erase marker
Print as many strip templates as you need for the number of students in your class. These cards can be laminated for durability but it is not necessary. A great way to help students solve these is to also include a number line for students to look at to help them solve each card.
Skip Counting by 4
Prepare and cut up the skip counting strips by 4 strips. You can place these in a mini tub along with unifix cubes or super cute monster mini erasers, so the kids can pretend they are skip counting and clipping to help the monsters. There are also black and white options. Be sure to have enough cubes and strips if you’re using cubes. The students will then choose a card, then begin to skip count by that number. They can also use unifix cubes to assist them as they learn to count by 4s. Watch the students as they do this – have them even roll play dough to create the skip counting numbers. Some kids will begin building their unifix cubes right away– that’s ok too. Just be sure they are doing this correctly. Have the kids clip and write the missing number with a dry erase marker.
Skip Counting Activity
This activity is hands-on and perfect for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more skip counting games and activities. Kids will love counting by 4s with this monster themed activity.
Monster Activities for Kindergartners
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Monster Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Feed the Monster Printable
- Monsters Inc Slime
- Free Monster Memory Game
- Monster Math
- Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Monster Alphabet Letters
- Monster Counting with Google Eyes
- Fun Monster Preschool Theme
- Monsters Family Fun Night
- HUGE Monster Worksheets Pack (with silly Monsters University friends)
- 100 EPIC Monster Crafts for preschoolers
Skip Counting Activities
Looking for more fun, engaging activities to help kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students practice skip counting? Try these free printable ideas:
- If you enjoyed skip counting using dot to dot printables you’ll love these ocean animal themed worksheets
- Constellations Skip Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Sundae Skip Counting Activity
- Cowboy Themed Subtraction Cards
- Penguin Skip Counting Activity
- Hopping Numbers Printables
- Before and After Numbers
- Skip Counting Posters are great visuals for kindergarten math
- Where in the World Skip Counting Puzzles
- Skip Counting with Number Trains
- Craft Stick Skip Counting Hands on Activities (fantastic visual!)
- Follow the paths skip counting worksheets
- See all of our of skip counting activities
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!