Sneak in some practice skip counting with these super cute, free printable clip cards monster math activity. Children will figure out the missing number as they skip count by 4. This counting by 4s practice is fun for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too. Simply print monster printables for thsi skip counting activity.
Counting by 4s
Looking for a fun way to get kids to learn skip counting? These Counting by 4s clip cards will be a hit with your students! The best part about these cards is that they are almost no prep. Learners will use dry erase markers, mini erasers, or pegs, and then skip count to solve the number puzzles on each strip. Skip counting by 4s is included in this printable download.
Skip Counting Printables
- A4 paper
- Unifix cubes for counting practice
- Dry erase marker
Print as many strip templates as you need for the number of students in your class. These cards can be laminated for durability but it is not necessary. A great way to help students solve these is to also include a number line for students to look at to help them solve each card.
Skip Counting by 4
Prepare and cut up the skip counting strips by 4 strips. You can place these in a mini tub along with unifix cubes or super cute monster mini erasers, so the kids can pretend they are skip counting and clipping to help the monsters. There are also black and white options. Be sure to have enough cubes and strips if you’re using cubes. The students will then choose a card, then begin to skip count by that number. They can also use unifix cubes to assist them as they learn to count by 4s. Watch the students as they do this – have them even roll play dough to create the skip counting numbers. Some kids will begin building their unifix cubes right away– that’s ok too. Just be sure they are doing this correctly. Have the kids clip and write the missing number with a dry erase marker.
Skip Counting Activity
This activity is hands-on and perfect for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more skip counting games and activities. Kids will love counting by 4s with this monster themed activity.
Monster Activities for Kindergartners
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Monster Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Feed the Monster Printable
- Monsters Inc Slime
- Free Monster Memory Game
- Monster Math
- Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Monster Alphabet Letters
- Monster Counting with Google Eyes
- Fun Monster Preschool Theme
- Monsters Family Fun Night
- HUGE Monster Worksheets Pack (with silly Monsters University friends)
- 100 EPIC Monster Crafts for preschoolers
Skip Counting Activities
Try these fun, skip counting activity ideas to make practicing counting by 2, counting by 3, counting by 5, and counting by 10 fun!
- Free Printable Skip Counting Puzzles 2s-10s or Famous Landmarks Skip Counting Puzzles, Where in the World Skip Counting Puzzles, Monster counting by 4s, Summer Skip Counting Puzzles, Winter Skip Counting puzzles, Thanksgiving counting puzzles, festive Christmas Skip Counting or Christmas Skip Counting Puzzles)
- Printable Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Dab the Turkey Math Counting by 10s
- Clip Cards: Counting by 2s and counting by 3s clip cards, bunny skip counting by 2 activity, Count by 3s Halloween math for kindergarten, penguin skip counting strips, animal Counting in 2s and 3s
- or holiday Kindergarten Christmas math activities
- Free Printable Smores Skip Counting Activities
- Printable Skip Counting Activities completing the Sundaes
- Skip Counting Lacing Plates Activity (self-checking)
- Oregon Trail Themed Skip Counting Game
- Hands-on skip counting activities with craft sticks – great visual!
- Pumpkin seed counting activity
- Free Printable Skip Counting Board Game
Skip Counting Worksheets
- Skip Counting Chart Worksheets 1s-15s
- How to teach skip counting with songs, activities, and a counting in 2s, 3s, and 5s game
- Skip count to complete the connect the dots constellations worksheet pdf
- Follow the Path Skip Counting Worksheets
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Fun Skip Counting Mazes
- Holiday themed – Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets, Fall Math Worksheets to practice skip counting
- Vegetable Skip Counting Dot to Dot Worksheets
- Under the Sea Skip Counting Dot to Dot
- Free Skip Counting Visuals
- Skip Counting Worksheets – counting by 1s to 15s
- Free Printable Skip Counting Posters 1-12 or these skip counting printables posters 1-15s – fantastic visual for elementary age students
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!