I love educational activities that combine two skills in one! These Constellations Printables not only help teach constellations for kids, but help kids practice counting by 2s, counting by 5s, and counting by 10s too! These skip counting worksheets are a free printable kindergarten math worksheets where pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders will skip count by 2, skip count by 5, and skip count by 10 as well as learn about 6 common constellations. Simply download pdf file with dot to dot printables and you are ready to play and learn!
Skip counting worksheets
Skip Counting is an important skill for young learners. It allows them to group numbers and quickly count forwards and backwards. They will use this skill to solve addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems in future math. These skip counting worksheet pages not only work on counting by 2, 5, and 10, they also help kids learn about stars and the constellations they make in the night sky too. Preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students will complete the connect the dots to form pegasus, orion, big dipper, little dipper, Aquila, and hercules. This is such a fun way to work on 2 skills at once – skip counting activity and solar system activity too!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love that this activity is no prep! This is great for summer learning, match centers, science centers, space themes, and extension activities.
Dot to Dot Printables
Skip counting dot to dot
In this skip counting for kindergarten activity students will practice counting in 2s, counting in 5s, and counting in 10s as they complete the free dot to dot printable to form constellations.
- skip counting by 2
- skip counting by 5
- skip counting by 10
Simply use a crayon, colored pencil, gel pen, or any other writing utensil to complete the kindergarten dot to dot by counting by 2s, 5s, or 10s. When they finish they can check their work in the picture in the upper right and trace the constellation name they created.
Children have a natural fascination with outer space and stars! Draw on that natural interest to introduce them to six different constellations they can find in the night sky with these Constellations Printables. In addition to math practice, each of these science worksheets has:
- Constellation name (Aquila, Pegasus, Orion, Hercules, Big Dipper, Little Dipper)
- Information on how the constellation got it’s name
- Cute clipart to show the star formation as the picture it is named for with the stars inside (this visual is such a great learning tool!)
Constellation Activities for Kids
Grab one of our fun Constellations Printables or try one of these fun constellations activities for kids. THey are a great addition to your solar system study or just to sneak in some fun astronomy for kids into your school day!
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun, hands on activity for kids of all ages
- Free Printable Constellation Flashcards – I love that this set includes pictures for what shape the constellations make to help it be memorable with young learners
- Constellation Worksheets – Fun Drawing Activity for Kids
- Create this fun Constellations Printable wheel to spin and learn about even more star formations
- Learn shapes with this fun Flashlight Constellations
- Constellations Printable Mini Book
- Fun-to-make Cootie Catcher Constellation Printable
Free skip counting worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!