This free printable SMores theme, summer math is a great way to help kids practice skip counting. This skip counting activity is perfect for a summer or camping theme math activity for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders. Practice counting and tracing numbers is a great way for children to practice and improve their knowledge of the numbers and simple math skills. Simply print smores printable and you are ready to play and learn!
Skip Counting Activity
Summer means camping, campfires, quality time as a family, running through the sprinklers, popsicles, pool time, summer break, and of course smores! Use these skip counting worksheets are a great way to practice counting in multiples. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, this reusable Skip Counting Activity is a math printable kids will be excited to use over and over again. This is great for summer learning, extra practice or as a math center in your classroom. These fun mats are a great way to introduce counting in multiples which makes them a great activity to complete before introducing basic multiplication. Use this with kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
In this pack, there are two mats per page. Children will be writing the numbers as they count, in all the multiplies from one through ten. There are also two sets of mats, one set already has the numbers which children can trace while they learn while the second set only has the first number, and children will need to complete the rest on their own.
Skip Counting Printable
Cut the free worksheets in half as there are two mats per page. Children will need pencils, markers or crayons to complete the activities in this pack. They could also use counters or marshmallows as counters to help them if they are still learning to count.
HINT: I suggest laminating the pages and using them with a dry erase marker to make them reusable.
Skip Counting Practice
Each summer counting mat helps students practice counting by a different multiple. It features two graham crackers with chocolate and many marshmallows in between these delicious smore sandwiches! There are three things I suggest doing with each S’more Math Card:
- Students will then read through the numbers to practice skip counting
- Trace the numbers on the marshmallow layers to practice not only counting by groups, but also to trace numbers to improve fine motor skills and strengthening hands
- Fill in the blank Smore Counting Cards to practice skip counting
- Finally, you can have students put mini marshmallows on each level to count by the number indicated. As an example, if you were counting by 3s, you would put 3 mini marshmallows on each marshmallow level so kids can count by 3s using a fun, edible math manipulative
Students will love this fun, hands on, learning activity. We just love making educational activities engaging so kids want to learn! In this pack students will count the by the following multiples:
- Count by 1s (1-10)
- Count by 2s (1-20)
- Count by 3s (1-30)
- Count by 4s (1-40)
- Count by 5s (1-50)
- Count by 6s (1-60)
- Count by 7s (1-70)
- Count by 8s (1-80)
- Count by 9s (1-90)
- Count by 10s (1-100)
Skip Counting Activities
We have lots of fun skip counting activities and free worksheets for elementary age students!
- Free skip counting games, spring Skip Counting Games, printable skip counting mazes, Oregon Trail math game
- Skip Counting Worksheets 1s-15s, Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets, free skip counting dot to dot, fun connect the dots constellations worksheet pdf, follow the path skip counting printables, hundreds chart skip counting chart
- Skip counting charts 1-15, skip counting anchor chart, or these cute Skip Counting posters
- Kite skip counting craft, 50+ skip counting puzzles, ocean skip counting dot to dot
- Bunny skip counting printable clip cards, monster skip count by 4 clip cards, penguin skip counting strips, sundae skip counting activities for kindergarten, fairy tale counting in 2s
- Seasonal skip counting: christmas worksheets, free christmas skip counting puzzles, fun fall worksheets, easter math, pumpkin seed skip counting, turkey math, winter math skip counting puzzles
- Smores skip counting activities, hands-on skip counting ideas like self-checking lacing plates, world landmarks skip counting puzzles, number train skip counting activity, skip count star wars worksheets
- Letter C Printables for pre k to work on math, literacy, science, social studies, and more!
- Sneak in some fun math with these preschool camping worksheets or kindergarten camping worksheets
- Count to 15 with these camping worksheets for preschoolers or smore mats skip counting activities
- Smores Camping Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Rhyming Words Game with a fun camping theme
- Printable Camping Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Cute Camping Name Craft for Kids
- Marshmallow Ten Frame Activity with marshmallow template or this fun marshmallow shooter experiment
- Camping Tracing Worksheets to improve fine motor skills
- S’Mores Rhyming Words Activity
- Fun, no prep CAMPFIRE GAMES
- Lots of tips for camping with kids
Smores Counting mats
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!