This free printable SMores theme, summer math is a great way to help kids practice skip counting. This skip counting activity is perfect for a summer or camping theme math activity for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders. Practice counting and tracing numbers is a great way for children to practice and improve their knowledge of the numbers and simple math skills. Simply print smores printable and you are ready to play and learn!
Skip Counting Activity
Summer means camping, campfires, quality time as a family, running through the sprinklers, popsicles, pool time, summer break, and of course smores! Use these skip counting worksheets are a great way to practice counting in multiples. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, this reusable Skip Counting Activity is a math printable kids will be excited to use over and over again. This is great for summer learning, extra practice or as a math center in your classroom. These fun mats are a great way to introduce counting in multiples which makes them a great activity to complete before introducing basic multiplication. Use this with kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
In this pack, there are two mats per page. Children will be writing the numbers as they count, in all the multiplies from one through ten. There are also two sets of mats, one set already has the numbers which children can trace while they learn while the second set only has the first number, and children will need to complete the rest on their own.
Skip Counting Printable
Cut the free worksheets in half as there are two mats per page. Children will need pencils, markers or crayons to complete the activities in this pack. They could also use counters or marshmallows as counters to help them if they are still learning to count.
HINT: I suggest laminating the pages and using them with a dry erase marker to make them reusable.
Skip Counting Practice
Each summer counting mat helps students practice counting by a different multiple. It features two graham crackers with chocolate and many marshmallows in between these delicious smore sandwiches! There are three things I suggest doing with each S’more Math Card:
- Students will then read through the numbers to practice skip counting
- Trace the numbers on the marshmallow layers to practice not only counting by groups, but also to trace numbers to improve fine motor skills and strengthening hands
- Fill in the blank Smore Counting Cards to practice skip counting
- Finally, you can have students put mini marshmallows on each level to count by the number indicated. As an example, if you were counting by 3s, you would put 3 mini marshmallows on each marshmallow level so kids can count by 3s using a fun, edible math manipulative
Students will love this fun, hands on, learning activity. We just love making educational activities engaging so kids want to learn! In this pack students will count the by the following multiples:
- Count by 1s (1-10)
- Count by 2s (1-20)
- Count by 3s (1-30)
- Count by 4s (1-40)
- Count by 5s (1-50)
- Count by 6s (1-60)
- Count by 7s (1-70)
- Count by 8s (1-80)
- Count by 9s (1-90)
- Count by 10s (1-100)
Skip Counting Activities
Try these fun, skip counting activity ideas to make practicing counting by 2, counting by 3, counting by 5, and counting by 10 fun!
- Free Printable Skip Counting Puzzles 2s-10s or Famous Landmarks Skip Counting Puzzles, Where in the World Skip Counting Puzzles, Monster counting by 4s, Summer Skip Counting Puzzles, Winter Skip Counting puzzles, Thanksgiving counting puzzles, festive Christmas Skip Counting or Christmas Skip Counting Puzzles)
- Printable Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Dab the Turkey Math Counting by 10s
- Clip Cards: Counting by 2s and counting by 3s clip cards, bunny skip counting by 2 activity, Count by 3s Halloween math for kindergarten, penguin skip counting strips, animal Counting in 2s and 3s
- or holiday Kindergarten Christmas math activities
- Free Printable Smores Skip Counting Activities
- Printable Skip Counting Activities completing the Sundaes
- Skip Counting Lacing Plates Activity (self-checking)
- Oregon Trail Themed Skip Counting Game
- Hands-on skip counting activities with craft sticks – great visual!
- Pumpkin seed counting activity
- Free Printable Skip Counting Board Game
Skip Counting Worksheets
- Skip Counting Chart Worksheets 1s-15s
- How to teach skip counting with songs, activities, and a counting in 2s, 3s, and 5s game
- Skip count to complete the connect the dots constellations worksheet pdf
- Follow the Path Skip Counting Worksheets
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Fun Skip Counting Mazes
- Holiday themed – Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets, Fall Math Worksheets to practice skip counting
- Vegetable Skip Counting Dot to Dot Worksheets
- Under the Sea Skip Counting Dot to Dot
- Free Skip Counting Visuals
- Skip Counting Worksheets – counting by 1s to 15s
- Free Printable Skip Counting Posters 1-12 or these skip counting printables posters 1-15s – fantastic visual for elementary age students
- Camping Tracing Strips
- Camping with Kids: Tips & Tricks
- 10 Games to Play Around a Campfire
- Camping Theme for a weeks worth of educational activities for kids of all ages
- Smores Rhyming Words Activity
- Camping Counting Book
- S’Mores Board
- Camping Worksheets for Kids
- Marshmallow Ten Frame Activity
Smores Counting mats
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.