Make practicing counting to 20 fun for preschool and kindergarten kids with this fun, free Pumpkin Counting Mats. More Kindergarten Math – FREE Worksheets & Activities!
FREE Pumpkin Counting Mats
Kids will love practicing counting with this fun, free Pumpkin Counting Mats. This fall activity is aimed at toddler, preschool and kindergarten age children.
First of all, print the free printable below. Then, fold and tape together the pritnable dice in the download. Next, cut apart the number squares. Finally, stick the pumpkin mat in a page protector if you like. Now set out the prepared printables with pumpkin seeds.
HINT: If you prefer, you can use a real dice.
Counting with Fall Pumpkin Mat
There are several ways to play this activity both independently or with other kids or mom.
- Choose one of the three mats per player
- In the middle of the table place the numbers, pumpkin seeds, number line, and the number dice
- Kids will roll the dice and count out the same number of pumpkin seeds; as they put them in their pumpkin they will keep counting from the number on their mats and place the new total in the upper right box.
This is a great activity to help kids to count and recognize numbers from 1-20. This is especially important because most kids have trouble with numbers 11-20 that aren’t practiced as much.
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
Download Pumpkin Counting Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only (to share this resource with others, please direct them to this post to download their own copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!