Sneak in some fun pumpkin science this October with a super cute and fun-to-make Parts of a Pumpkin Craft. This pumpkin craft is easy to make with toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Plus it includes a pumpkin science worksheets perfect for making learning fun this fall.
Parts of a Pumpkin Craft
We love hands on educational activities that make learning fun for kids! Not only do fun pumpkin themed activities grab children’s attention, but it help keep them engaged and retain more of what they’ve learned too! So this October, during pumpkin month, we decided to help children learn about the parts of a pumpkin with a couple pumpkin activities for kindergartners, preschoolers, toddlers, and grade 1 students. We’ve included both a cute paper plate pumpkin craft and free parts of a pumpkin worksheets!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, this fun pumpkin science activity is a must try with your students! Use it with a pumpkin theme, p is for pumpkin letter of the week activity, classroom science center, extra practice, or supplement to your homeschool material.
Parts of a Pumpkin
This activity is such a fun way for kids to explore the parts of a pumpkin with a super cute pumpkin craft . For this pumpkin parts craft you will need the following supplies:
- orange paper plates (or white paper plates you paint or color orange)
- pumpkin seeds (from the nut aisle of your grocery store or cleaned from pumpkin carving)
- 1 yellow pipe cleaners (also known as chenille sticks)
- 2 green pipe cleaners
- yellow hair gel
- sandwich ziplock bag (a little larger than the size of your plate, so galloon size most likely)
- green construction paper
- brown construction paper or cardboard
- printable labels (optional) – in the pdf file below
First cut the center out of your orange plate. Then cut your yellow pipe cleaner in several pieces. Squirt hair gel, 10 pumpkin seeds, and pipe cleaner pieces in ziplock bag and seal it without any air in it. Now tape the bag to the back side of the plate.
This is such a fun to make and easy pumpkin craft that actually teaches kids about the pumpkin parts kindergarten.
Now attach a brown stem you make out of construction paper or cardboard, two green leaves out of construction paper and two green pipe cleaners twisted around a pencil to make tendrils.
Attach labels to pumpkin parts if you like and you have beautiful, cheery orange parts of a pumpkin preschool science craft.
Parts of a Pumpkin worksheet
These NO PREP, black and white worksheets are a great way to teach kids or help reinforce what you’ve taught kids about the parts of a pumpkin. There is a pumpkin science worksheet for the inside parts of a pumpkin and the outside parts of a pumpkin worksheet too. Both include a word bank and a great fall science printable kids.
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Lots of FUN October Activities for Kids
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
Download Parts of a Pumpkin Craft
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!