Kids will have fun learning shapes with this fall themed, FREE Pumpkin Shape Matching activity for toddler, preschool, and kindegarten age kids.
Shapes for Kids
Looking for other fun activities to help kids practice shapes? You will love these free shape printables for kids:
- Fall Shapes Emergent Reader
- Do a Dot Shape Worksheets
- Sorting Fall Leaves Activity
- Color the Shapes Worksheets
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Shapes BINGO
Print either the shape pumpkin printables with shape words or without. You will need 2 sets. I suggest printing on cardstock or laminating for durability.
Cut the pages into separate cards.
Shuffle all the cards together and place face down. Deal out 5 cards to each player. Just like Go Fish, have players take turns asking if they have a ___ pumpkin.
1st player – Do you have a circle pumpkin?
2nd player – Nope, go get a new one from the pumpkin patch OR yes and they hand them that circle pumpkin.
Players keep matches and keep playing until one player runs out of cards. If a player makes a match they get to take another turn.
Shape Matching Game
Another fun way to use this super cute pumpkin themed printable is to use it as a shape matching game for kindergarten math. Shuffle cards and place them upside down in a grid pattern. Players take turns turning over 2 cards at a time. If they make a match they get to keep the pumpkins and take another turn. Keep playing until all the pumpkins have a match.
This activity is great for shape recognition, learning shape names, and memory skills too.
- Kids will have fun practicing reading sight words with this Free Pumpkin Sight Words game!
- Pumpkin Candy Count & Trace is a fun way to learn with this classic fall candy
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Mats
- Pumpkin Traceable Letters – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Fall Addition Sticker Math Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
Download Pumpkin Shape Matching
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!