Playing with playdough is not only fun, but great for strengthening hand muscles, sensory activity, and exploring creativity too. This apple playdough is a quick and easy-to-make autumn playdough to enjoy in the month of September. But this fall playdough recipe is also SUPER soft playdough that will blow your mind with how much fun it is to squish. I will show you how to make soft playdough with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too. Use this apple playdoh as part of an apple theme or hands-on apple activities!
This soft playdough will delight the senses as kids work on motor skills and building hand muscles with an apple activity for kids. Use this fall playdough recipe in September when we are incorporating all things apple. This apple playdough recipe is such a fun project to make apples, apple pies, letters, numbers, and more. Try this apple activity for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, and more! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love incorporating this activity into you plans.
To whip up a batch of this playdough apple recipe yoou will need a few simple materials:
- 1 cup of hair conditioner
- 2 cups of cornstarch mix
- Food coloring
- black beads for seeds (optional)
- green pipe cleaners for stems (optional)
This NO COOK playdoug recipe couldn’t be any easier. Simply mix the corn starch and any hair conditioner you like in a bowl until they form a ball. Use more cornstarch if it is to sticky and more hair conditioner if it is crumbly.
HINT: Get an apple scented hair conditioner to make it scented apple playdough!
How to Make Soft Playdough
Mix in food coloring to get your apple colors of red, yellow, and green.
As their is a lot of white in the corn starch and conditioner, you will get soft pastel colors – which we LOVED. If you want more vibrant colors, you will need a LOT of food coloring.
This playdough has such a wonderfully soft, squishy texture that is so much fun to feel between your fingers. But it isn’t sticky at all! It was almost therapeutic and relaxing to play with!
Apple Activities for toddlers
We rolled out and made an apple with a chenille stick for stem and leaf.
Fall Activities for Preschoolers
Roll or pat the cream colored dough and make the inside of the apple’s creamy flesh with a border of the red around it. It’s like you’ve cut the apple in half. Now add black beans or black beads to make the apple seeds. You could easily turn this into a hands-on apple activity to help kids practice counting. Tell the children a number and have them put the correct number of black seeds in the apple.
Fall playdough recipe
Aren’t the too cute!?
Fall activity for toddlers
There are so mnay fun, creative ways to play with and decorate this apple activity using our quick and easy playdough recipe for kids!
You can also must make a ball, add a twig and leaft to creat a really simple, but cute apple.
- Red Apple Pie Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Green Laffy Taffy Apple Slime
- Yellow Fluffy Apple SLime
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Scented Apple Playdough Recipe
- Super Soft, No-Cook Apple Playdough for Fall
- Free Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Printable Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Skittles Apple Science Experiment for Kids
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- Apple Volcano Experiment and Activity for Kids in September
- Simple Apple Science Experiment and Activity for September
- Apple Browning Experiment with FREE Oxidation Worksheet
- Apple Stem Activity – Practical Engineering Challenge for Kids
- Melting Apple Science Experiment for September
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool
- Stunning, Easy Apple Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Fun Paper Plate Apple Craft for kids
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Printable Apple Math – Number Bonds Activity
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE