Looking for a fun independence day activity for kids of all ages? This 4th of July activity uses playdoh mats to help kids practice counting to 10 on a ten frame, make numerals, and learn number word too. Simply print the 4th of july printable and grab some playdough to form some hot dogs, corn on the cob, or hamburgers on the grill. The 4th of July worksheets are great for helping toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age chidlren visualize how many hot dogs, hamburgers, and corn on the cobs are on the grill.
4th of July Printable
Kids will love this summer math counting activity for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners. Simply grab the independence day printable and some playdough. Form your favorite food to cook up and add the correct number of dots to the 10 frame. Then children will form the numberal in this grill pretend play.
4th of july worksheets
4th of july activity
These Happy 4th of July playdough mats are a fun way for kids to practice counting while having fun. Simply print out the playdough mats and laminate for durability if you like – they kids and use them again and again in a 4th of July theme.
Independence day activity
Kids will start out by using playdough to make the number 1-10. Then they can make and count out the correct number of balls and put them on the 10 frame to visualize how big the number is.
This is such a fun way to sneak in some fun summer learning with preschoolers, kindergartners, and first graders.
4th of July Activity for Preschoolers
Super cute grilling themed summer printables for preschool and kindergarten age kids to practice counting to 10. Kids will make different items out of playdough and put the correct number on the grill. Some ideas of items to put on the grill: hamburgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, baked potato, etc.
Free Playdough Mats
These summer themed playdough mats make practicing counting fun for preschoolers and kindergartners. Each playdough mat has a number 1-10, number word, ten frame for practice counting (notice the ketchup & mustard splats on the playdough mat above), and space on the grill for the correct number of objects to be grilled. In the mat above, we are cooking hamburgers.
10 Frame Math
- This ten frame games uses magnets for a fantastic visual!
- Dinosaur ten frame printable addition activity
- Looking for a seasonal activity, try this Christmas Math Task Cards using a ten frame
- In the fall use this hands-on ten frame apple activities for kindergarten
- Playdough Smash 10 Frame Math Subtraction to Kindergarteners
- Celebrate winter with this Snowman Printable ten frame clip card set
- Cute Valentines Day Math Love Monster Ten Frame
- Your llama llama fan will love using this ten frame counting worksheets
- Get buzzing with this Bee Ten Frame Math
- Making 10 with Ten Frames Worksheets
- Count to 20 on a ten frame using these summer playdough counting mats
- Kids will go nuts over this Grilling up ten Frame Activities
- Fruit Loop Ten Frame Activities for Preschoolers
- Simple Ten Frame Template Printable activity with playdough
- Marshmallow ten frame activities
- Summer Lemonade Stand ten frame printable
4th of July Printables
Looking for more fun and FREE fourth of July printables? You will love these:
- Kids will have practicing number recognition while revealing patriotic hidden images in these FREE 4th of July Color by Number Worksheet
- The whole family will have fun playing this free printable BINGO 4th of July Game
- Super cute, free 4th of July Hat Craft
- Fourth of July I Spy – super cute 4th of July Worksheets
- Free 4th of July Worksheets for Preschool kids
- Learn more about the good old USA with these American Symbols Worksheets
- American Symbols for Kids themed worksheets
- Read, Color, and Learn about American Symbols for Kids
- Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Have fun grilling with these 4th of July Activity counting with playdough mats
- Practice CVC Words with this fun, educational 4th of July Activity
- Color by Hundreds Chart 4th of July Worksheets
4th of July Activities
- 100 FUN 4th of July Crafts & Activities for Kids
- Try this easy Fireworks 4th of July Craft
- Bleeding Tissue Paper 4th of July Crafts
- Print off these FREE 4th of July Coloring Pages to help kids learn about common patriotic symbols.
- Try this EASY Red, White and Blue 4th of July Science Experiment!
- Subtraction 4th of July Math Worksheets
- Magic Milk 4th of July Science Experiments
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket 4th of July Science Experiment for Kids
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- Bomb Pop Fourth of July Craft
- Founding Father George Washington Craft
- Simply 4th of July Fireworks Crafts
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun, free printable playdough mats? You will love these:
- Interactive Alphabet Playodugh Mats with finish the picture
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with tracing lines
- Gumball Number Playdough Mats
- Fun Transportation Playdough mats (train, bus, rocket, airplane, boat, and more!)
- Roll & Smash Playdough Subtraction Activity for Kindergarten
- Playdough Smash Subtraction Activity for Kindergarten
- Roll & Smash Pre-k Math Playdough Subtraction Activities
- Free Shape Playdough Mats
- Preschool Shape Worksheets with playdoh
- Finish the scene Playdough Number Mats (featured above)
- Build a Playdough Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool
- Pet Animal Playdough mats (bird, turtle, fish, bunny, cat, lizzard, dog, snake, etc.)
- Free Printable Emotion Playdough mats
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats featuring yummy thanksgiving favorite foods!
- Playdough Musical Activities for Kids
- Free Playdough Letter Mats
- Fall Playdough Mats (build a sunflower, leaf, acron, pumpkin, rake, hay, etc)
- Count to 10 Apple Playdough Mats
- FREE Ice Cream Pattern Printable
- Spider Math Activities for Preschoolers withPlay dogh
- Free Printable Human Body Playdough Mats
- Telling Time Activity with Playdough
- Grilling on a Ten Frame Summer Printable Playdough Mats
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with playdough
- Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool Counting candles Playdough mats
- Sandcastle Activity Playdough Mat
- Over 100 Playdough Mats to print and play (plus more free printable playdough mats on our sister site)
Playdough Activities for Kids
Looking for some amazing playdough recipes to try? Check out these easy play doh recipes!
- Color Changing Playdough
- Kool Aid Playdough
- Incredible, Edible Ice Cream Play doh
- Quick, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Hot Chocolate playdough
- Easy 2 Ingredient Play Dough Recipe
- Simple Candy Corn Playdough – play and EAT!
- Super Soft Conditioner Playdough
Download 4th of July Counting Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!