Make learning about the time concept fun with this super cute, free telling time activity that uses playdough mats for a hands-on math activity for kindergartners, pre-k, and grade 1 students. Simply download pdf file with telling time games and grab some play doh and you are ready to work on learning to tell the time. This Kindergarten Telling time activity is great for at home, in the classroom, or as summer learning!
Telling Time Activity
Telling time can be a tricky concept for children to grasp. Hands-on learning activities like this is the best to teach them about time, while making it fun too! There are digital time cards and time in words. Decide which cards will be appropriate to use for your child.
Telling Time Printables
Telling time games
Simply pick a time card and place it in the block provided. Roll a long and a short piece of dough for the clock hands, and show the time on the clock face. If the child is new to the concept, start with the “on the hour” cards. Remember to explain the vocabulary you use- clock face, short/long clock hands, hour hand, minute hand etc.
Learning to Tell the Time
Play all the “on the hour” cards a few times until the child understands how the short hand shows the hour and the long one must be on the 12 to be exactly “…o’clock”.
Telling the time exercises
When the child understands the concept “on the hour”, you can move onto the half past concept. Explain it like this: The long hand moved halfway around the face(getting to 6), which means that it is halfway around the circle, aka half past 10.
Kindergarten Telling Time
Only move onto quarter to/past and other concepts once the child is ready for it. If a child does not know what a quarter is, he/she will not easily understand the concept. Remember to always keep the activity age/skill appropriate.
Bring fun to learning about telling time with this hands-on telling time playdough mat activity! Grab your free copy now!
Telling Time Worksheets PDF
Looking for more fun, free, and hands on activities for teaching kids to tell time? You will love these resources!
- You will love this fun, engaging Free Printable Telling Time Games Tic-Tac-Toe
- Super cute insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Free Printable Telling Time Games MAZES
- Students will have fun practicing counting American money with these Coin Value Clip Cards
- Telling Time Puzzles – make practicing using a clock a game for young learners with this telling time game
- Telling Time Game BUMP!
- Clever Snowman Telling Time Activities
- Hands-on Hickory Dickory Clock Game
- 26 Fun Telling Time Activities Games
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun, free printable playdough mats? You will love these:
- Interactive Alphabet Playodugh Mats with finish the picture
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with tracing lines
- Smash Playdough Mat for Teaching Subtraction to Kindergarteners
- Gumball Number Playdough Mats
- Fun Transportation Playdough mats (train, bus, rocket, airplane, boat, and more!)
- Free Shape Playdough Mats
- Preschool Shape Worksheets with playdoh
- Finish the scene Playdough Number Mats (featured above)
- Build a Playdough Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool
- Pet Animal Playdough mats (bird, turtle, fish, bunny, cat, lizzard, dog, snake, etc.)
- Free Printable Emotion Playdough mats
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats featuring yummy thanksgiving favorite foods!
- Playdough Musical Activities for Kids
- Free Playdough Letter Mats
- Fall Playdough Mats (build a sunflower, leaf, acron, pumpkin, rake, hay, etc)
- Count to 10 Apple Playdough Mats
- FREE Ice Cream Pattern Printable
- Spider Math Activities for Preschoolers withPlay dogh
- Free Printable Human Body Playdough Mats
- Telling Time Activity with Playdough
- Grilling on a Ten Frame Summer Printable Playdough Mats
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with playdough
- Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool Counting candles Playdough mats
- Sandcastle Activity Playdough Mat
- Over 100 Playdough Mats to print and play (plus more free printable playdough mats on our sister site)
Playdough Activities for Kids
Looking for some amazing playdough recipes to try? Check out these easy play doh recipes!
- Color Changing Playdough
- Kool Aid Playdough
- Incredible, Edible Ice Cream Play doh
- Quick, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Hot Chocolate playdough
- Easy 2 Ingredient Play Dough Recipe
- Simple Candy Corn Playdough – play and EAT!
- Super Soft Conditioner Playdough
Telling time worksheets pdf
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Thank you for all of your wonderful ideas you share! You are truly a blessing!!
Aw, thanks for the sweet message! We are honored to help and hope you will be back to our site soon!