Kids of all ages will have fun making this cute and simple Handprint Christmas Wreath to celebrate the holiday season in December. In just a few simple steps, you’ll have a precious handprint Christmas crafts keepsake made out of cut-out handprints of your child! This kindergarten Christmas crafts make a great decoration or kid made gift for parents and grandparents. Use this easy Christmas craft with toddler, preschool, pre-k, and elementary age kids.
Handprint Christmas Wreath
The personal touch with making a handart Christmas Wreath project is our favorite part. We actually made one of these Christmas Wreaths in a similar way last Christmas, and comparing the handprints and seeing how they’ve grown was really fun. This simple Christmas craft for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners is sure to become one of your favorites. You will love that you don’t need any fancy materials for this preschool christmas crafts – just construction paper, scissors, glue, and any optional decorations like pompoms, glitter, etc.
All you need to make this cute Christmas craft for kids are a few simple materials you probably already have at your home:
- green construction paper
- paper plate (we used a dessert size)
- optional decorations: red (or other color) paper, beads, ribbons, stickers, etc.
To decorate our wreath after making the handprint base, we used red ribbon to make a bow. We also used red construction paper to cut circles and grouped them to look like berries. This is the part to get creative! You use stickers, colorful paper, pompoms, and more to make ornaments or other decorations for your wreath.
First, trace the child’s handprint onto a piece of green construction paper. Next, cut out the center of the paper plate. This will make a ring to glue the handprints onto.
Kindergarten Christmas crafts
Now it’s time to cut out the handprints. To do this easily, stack a few pieces of construction paper together, using the traced handprint as a template to cut many at the same time. Continue cutting out handprints until you have enough to go around the paper plate ring.
Construction Paper Christmas crafts
After cutting out the handprints, it’s time to glue them onto the paper plate.
Glue them around the edge. We glue our on with the fingers facing the same direction, going around the plate, but this would also look nice with the fingers all pointing outwards.
Continue until the paper plate is covered with the handprints.
Easy Christmas crafts
Now you can decorate the wreath how you would like! This is the fun part. Get creative with cut pieces of paper, stickers, pompoms, ribbon, and more!
We used red cut paper circles, and a red ribbon to make a traditional Christmas wreath.
After your the glue dries, your beautiful Christmas Wreath is complete and ready to gift to someone special or deck the halls of your home!
Looking for more free Christmas worksheets to make learning fun for Kinders during December, you’ve got to see these activities!
- Nutcracker Worksheets – HUGE pack of themed worksheets to work on math, literacy, and more!
- Christmas Spelling Activity
- Free Nativity Printables include over 50 pages of math and literacy activities for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade
- Practice sight words with this hands-on activity with these Free Christmas Printables
- Chocolate Worksheets Printables are winter themed practice sequencing for kindergartens
- Use these Christmas Printables and confetti to practice tracing uppercase letters
- Fun candy cane sight words activity for early learners
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- Free Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets
- Santa Sleigh Christmas Printables CVC Words Activity
- No Prep Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Practicing Counting this December with this Christmas Counting Book
- Free Christmas Printables Letter Tracing Strips
- Word Family Sort Christmas Printables
- Christmas Counting Clip Cards
- Soring Colors Christmas Printables
- Christmas Color by Number to 100
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Letter Find Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Christmas Counting to 20 Puzzles
- Super cute Grinch Alphabet Christmas Printables Puzzles
- Cut and Paste Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Free gingerbread man sequencing activity
- Gingerbread man Comprehension Questions Printable
- Addition Gingerbread Man Printables
- Gingerbread Man Printables Sight Word Coloring
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Free Christmas Worksheets
Plus don’t miss these fun Christmas Crafts and activities!