Kids of all ages will have fun making this cute and simple Handprint Christmas Wreath to celebrate the holiday season in December. In just a few simple steps, you’ll have a precious handprint Christmas crafts keepsake made out of cut-out handprints of your child! This kindergarten Christmas crafts make a great decoration or kid made gift for parents and grandparents. Use this easy Christmas craft with toddler, preschool, pre-k, and elementary age kids.
Handprint Christmas Wreath
The personal touch with making a handart Christmas Wreath project is our favorite part. We actually made one of these Christmas Wreaths in a similar way last Christmas, and comparing the handprints and seeing how they’ve grown was really fun. This simple Christmas craft for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners is sure to become one of your favorites. You will love that you don’t need any fancy materials for this preschool christmas crafts – just construction paper, scissors, glue, and any optional decorations like pompoms, glitter, etc.
All you need to make this cute Christmas craft for kids are a few simple materials you probably already have at your home:
- green construction paper
- paper plate (we used a dessert size)
- optional decorations: red (or other color) paper, beads, ribbons, stickers, etc.
To decorate our wreath after making the handprint base, we used red ribbon to make a bow. We also used red construction paper to cut circles and grouped them to look like berries. This is the part to get creative! You use stickers, colorful paper, pompoms, and more to make ornaments or other decorations for your wreath.
First, trace the child’s handprint onto a piece of green construction paper. Next, cut out the center of the paper plate. This will make a ring to glue the handprints onto.
Kindergarten Christmas crafts
Now it’s time to cut out the handprints. To do this easily, stack a few pieces of construction paper together, using the traced handprint as a template to cut many at the same time. Continue cutting out handprints until you have enough to go around the paper plate ring.
Construction Paper Christmas crafts
After cutting out the handprints, it’s time to glue them onto the paper plate.
Glue them around the edge. We glue our on with the fingers facing the same direction, going around the plate, but this would also look nice with the fingers all pointing outwards.
Continue until the paper plate is covered with the handprints.
Easy Christmas crafts
Now you can decorate the wreath how you would like! This is the fun part. Get creative with cut pieces of paper, stickers, pompoms, ribbon, and more!
We used red cut paper circles, and a red ribbon to make a traditional Christmas wreath.
After your the glue dries, your beautiful Christmas Wreath is complete and ready to gift to someone special or deck the halls of your home!
Looking for more free Christmas worksheets to make learning fun for Kinders during December, you’ve got to see these alphabet and literacy activities!
- Christmas Spelling Activity
- Chocolate Worksheets Printables are winter themed practice sequencing for kindergartens
- Use these Christmas Printables and confetti to practice tracing uppercase letters
- Fun Christmas activities for Kindergarten making candycane sight words
- Santa Sleigh Christmas CVC Words printable activity
- Christmas Tracting Letter Strips
- Word Family Sort Christmas Printables
- Stringing Lights Christmas Sight Words Activity
- Free Polar Express Printables Color by Letter
- Letter Find Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Ornaments Letter Tracing Christmas Activities for Kindergarten
- Gingerbread Alphabet Tracing – Christmas Activity for Preschoolers
- HOliday Gingerbread Sight Words – Christmas Activities for Kindergarteners
- No Prep Christmas worksheets for kindergarten
- Beginning Sounds Christmas Worksheets
- Sight Words Gingerbread Coloring Page
- Super cute Grinch Alphabet Christmas Printables Puzzles
- Color by Sight Words Christmas Worksheets
Christmas Science Experiments for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas science ideas? Check these out!
- Fizzy Ornaments Baking soda christmas ornaments
- Ornaments-Go-Round Christmas STEM Activities
- Spinning Christmas Tree Christmas Science Experiments
- Magic Melting Peppermint Candy Christmas Science Experiment
- Fizzy Gingerbread Man Christmas Science Experiment
- Lots of Christmas Science Experiments Kids will love!
- Beautiful Borax Crystal Christmas Tree Science Experiment
- Melting Christmas Tree Science Experiment for December
- Ornaments-Go-Round Christmas STEM
- Rudolph Christmas Science Experiments
- Christmas Science Magic Milk Experiment
- Gumdrops Ornaments Made with Christmas Science Experiment
- Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Gumdrop Ornaments Science Activity for December
- Beautiful Chromatography Christmas Science Activities for Preschoolers
- Christmas Science Lime Battery Electricity Experiment for Preschoolers
- Dissolving Holiday Peeps Christmas STEM
- Rudolph Race Christmas Game
- Christmas Fluffy Slime Recipe
- Easy Candy Cane Science Experiment
- Simple Oil and Water Christmas Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
- Christmas Counting Clip Cards
- Free Skip Counting Christmas Math Worksheets
- Skip Counting Christmas Math clip cards
- Soring Colors Christmas Tree Printables
- Christmas math worksheets for kindergarten Color by Number on a Hundreds Chart
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Twas the Night Before Christmas Color by Number Math Worksheets
- Christmas Greater Than Less Than
- Practicing Counting this December with this Christmas Counting book
- Christmas Math Worksheets – reveal hidden pictures as you complete addition problems
- Christmas Math Puzzles Count to 20 Puzzles
- Cut and Paste Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Gingerbread man sequencing printable activity for kids
- Gingerbread man Comprehension Questions Printable
- Addition Gingerbread Man Printables
- Gingerbread Man Printables Sight Word Coloring
- Polar Express Telling Time Christmas Worksheets pdf
- Gingerbread Math Activities – Addition Puzzles
- BINGO December Writing Prompts
- December Holiday Coloring Pages for Kids
- Christmas Name Craft and Activity for Preschoolers
- Christmas I Spy Printable Worksheets
- Nativity Worksheets include over 50 pages of math and literacy activities for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Free Christmas Worksheets
- FREE Christmas Scavenger Hunt Game for Kids
- Nutcracker Worksheets – HUGE pack of themed worksheets to work on math, literacy, and more!
Plus don’t miss these fun Christmas Crafts and activities!
- Christmas Printable Hat Craft
- Easy Christmas Suncatcher Craft
- Colorful Chromatography Snowflake Craft for Kids
- Construction Paper Christmas Wreath Craft Decoration for Kids
- 31 Magical December Crafts for kids
- Construction Paper Christmas Candle Craft
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Bauble Christmas Ornament Craft with FREE Printables
- Snowman Handmade Greeting Cards Winter Craft for Kids
- Snowy Street Homemade Christmas Cards
- Gingerbread Puffy Paint Recipe