Is your child learning their letters from A to Z? A fun way to learn your ABCs is by making alphabet crafts like this super cute handprint art. As we dove into the letter s is for spider we decided to do a spider handprint. Take a peak at this adorable spider handart project and free letter s worksheet to make learning fun for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade kids. You can grab the pdf file with the template here!
S is for Spider
Next in the Alphabet Handprint Art Series is the letter S for spider. This week we are sharing a super cute and easy to make spider handprint craft. This letter s alphabet craft is great for kindergartners, preschoolers, and toddlers as they learn the letter S is for spider. Don’t forget to grab the free printable Letter S Printable to help kids get more handwriting practice.
This craft uses some paint and simple supplies to make a S is for Spider handprint. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this craft, you can use a color of your choice to make two handprints for the spider’s body, and then use another color (like white or yellow) for the spider’s eyes and mouth. It’s a simple way to make a super cute spider handprint!
Letter s worksheets
Letter s spider craft
To make this super cute spider handprint craft idea you only need a couple simple materials and you can make this easy craft for kids in just 10-15 minutes!
- Letter “S” is for Spider printable
- A paint color of your choice for the spider’s body. We used brown, but black or purple would be fun too!
- A contrasting color for the eyes and mouth (like white, yellow, or orange)
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our S is for Spider handprint, and we do the next page while the spider handprint is drying.
S is for spider craft
Start by painting the palm and fingers brown (or another color for your spider’s body). Don’t put any paint on the thumb.
Now it’s time to make the handprints! You’ll want to make your first handprint in the center of the page, with fingers pointing towards the long edge. We find this is easiest to do by turning the paper to the side.
s for spider
To make the spider’s next 4 legs, you’ll need to make another handprint. You may need to add more paint to the fingers. Rotate your paper around to the other side to make another handprint, overlapping the palm with the handprint you just made, with fingers pointing towards the opposite long edge.
letter s handprint craft
After the handprints are dry, it’s time to make the face. Use white (or another contrasting color) paint to make a nose and mouth. Optionally, you can add another color to the center of the eyes. Now your spider handprint is complete!
While your spider is drying, complete the second page of the “S” is for Spider worksheet for more letter “S” practice!
- Spider Counting Activities for Preschoolers
- Spider Shape Sorting Activity – help the spider trap the items in his web that are the same shape as his web
- S is for Spider Handprint art
- Spooky Spider Counting Game
- Spider Shapes Worksheets for Preschool
- Life Cycle of a Spider Worksheet
- Fun, hands on Spider for Kids unit
- Easy Spider Slime Slime
- Glow in the Dark Spider Web
- Animal classification worksheets
- Animal Classification Cootie Catchers
- L is for Ladybug Craft
- P is for Penguin Craft
- C is fro Carrot Craft
- J is for Jellyfish Craft
- K is for Kite Craft
- O is for Owl Craft
- V is for Volcano Craft
Looking for our most popular content? Here it is!
- Grab this ABC coloring book freebie foe some fun learning with prek/K
- Bingo Dauber Printables to practice making upper and lowercase letters
- Free Popcorn b and d worksheets
- Alphabet Hole Punch – a Free Printable Hole Punch Activities
- Just print and practice with these kindergarten alphabet worksheets
- Looking for convenient printable crafts? You will love these letter crafts!
- Super cute alphabet cards to trace with fingers, dry erase markers, or playdough
- Find the Letter worksheets where children dab the letter to make snow in the snow globe
- Learn kindergarten colors with these free printable sorting mats!
- Alphabet Playdough Mats are a great, hands on alphabet activity
- Kids will love uncovering the zoo animals in these color by number worksheets
- Practice tracing letters with these alphabet worksheets for kindergarten a to z
- Sneak in some summer learning with these summer kindergarten worksheets
- Print this free traceable alphabet to help young learners work on fine motor skills
- Make learning your ABCs fun with these handprint alphabet ideas
If you have a kindergarten or teach kindergartners, you don’t want to miss all our fun and FREE kindergarten alphabet worksheets, free kindergarten worksheets, kindergarten math printables, easy science projects, kindergarten English, crafts for kindergartners, and kindergarten activities.
Letter s Worksheets for Kindergarten
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!