Playdough is so much fun! And this playdough counting activity uses a ten frame printable to make counting to 20 FUN! Children will use playdough balls to count on a 10 frame printable and practice making numerals and learning number words. It is fun and relaxing, but it can also be used for improving fine motor skills and counting skills. These Summer Playdough Counting Mats fun mats are a great way to practice counting from one to twenty! Simply print pdf file with Ice Cream Printables and you are ready to play and learn with summer playdough.
This summer counting activity uses Ice Cream Printables and play doh to practice counting to 20 using a ten frame. Make number words, add sprinkles on the ice cream cone, and practice counting using a ten frame printable. printable pack contains one summer-themed playdough counting mat for each of the numbers one through twenty. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will count to 20 with this fun playodough activity for preschoolers and kindergartners.
Ice Cream Printables
10 frame printable
To prepare these playdough mats, I recommend laminating them. Alternatively, you could place them in sheet protectors, but that would not be as sturdy as laminating.
Playdough counting mats
- On each mat, you will find one large number. This is great for number formation. Your child can form the number out of playdough and then move onto the counting part of the mat. Then they can add the correct number of balls of playdough or sprinkle shapes to the number frames. Then they can they make their own sprinkles or balls out of playdough; we used a variety of blue, pink and yellow play dough; placing the correct number of sprinkles onto the ice cream. They could also use different coloured sequins instead of play dough.
- Alternatively, if you have laminated these mats, your child can use them to practice their handwriting as well. Using a dry-erase marker, you child and trace the number, draw the correct number of sprinkles and then place the correct number of a dots or crosses in the ten frame.
- They could also use math counters, cut out shapes, foam stickers or game board pieces on these mats as well.
- Once they ready to move on, you could use these mats for simple addition and subtraction practice. Using two different colours of play dough, have your child create problems around the ice cream and in the ten frames, for example on mat number 7 they could add three blue sprinkles and four pink sprinkles to equal
10 Frame Math
- This ten frame games uses magnets for a fantastic visual!
- Dinosaur ten frame printable addition activity
- Looking for a seasonal activity, try this Christmas Math Task Cards using a ten frame
- In the fall use this hands-on ten frame apple activities for kindergarten
- Celebrate winter with this Snowman Printable ten frame clip card set
- Cute Valentines Day Math Love Monster Ten Frame
- Your llama llama fan will love using this ten frame counting worksheets
- Get buzzing with this Bee Ten Frame Math
- Making 10 with Ten Frames Worksheets
- Count to 20 on a ten frame using these summer playdough counting mats
- Kids will go nuts over this Grilling up ten Frame Activities
- Fruit Loop Ten Frame Activities for Preschoolers
- Simple Ten Frame Template Printable activity with playdough
- Marshmallow ten frame activities
- Summer Lemonade Stand ten frame printable
- First Day of Summer Printable Hat
- Watermelon Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Practice making letters with this hands-on Watermelon Printables
- Count to 20 with these Watermelon Summer Playdough Mats
- Smore Skip Counting Activity
- Count to 10 Vegetable Printables
- Counting Farm Animals Worksheets
- Zoo Animal Worksheets
- Summer Maze Kindergarten Sight Word Worksheets
- Summer Counting Clip Cards
- Printable Summer Math Worksheets
- Grab these Summer Free Printable Bookmarks and a book off our Kindergarten Book List
- Bee Ten frame addition worksheets pdf
- Grill and Count Summer Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Counting to 20 Activity
- Free Bubble Word Family Activity
- Pirate Number Sense Game
- Ice Cream Pattern Activity for Kindergarten
- I Spy Ice Cream Printables
- Hot Dogs Number Words Activity
- Fishing Math Craft is a fun Number Bond Activities
- Practice writing with these summer writing prompts for kindergarten worksheets or Build and Write Lego Writing Promtps
- Practice Tracing Letters with this summer themed Ice Cream Printables
- Work on phonics skills with these Beginning Sound Activities for summer
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Practice counting and tracing with these cute Sandcastle Summer Worksheets
- Surfboard Opposite Puzzles
- Camping Worksheets to work on math and literacy skills with kindergartners
- Seeds Find the Letter Worksheets
- Garden Seeds Adding to 10 – Addition Activities for Kindergarten
- Summer Kindergarten Worksheets to work on math
- Swimming Goggles Alphabet Matching Game
- Pool Summer Counting Count and Trace Activity for Numbers 1-20
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Practice letter tracing on these cheery summer tracing worksheets
- Summer Color by Number Worksheets
Summer Activities for Kids
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- Fun Seeds and Plants Activities for Kindergarten
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Lego DIY Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Sidewalk Chalk Recipe
- 31 July Crafts for Kids
- Amazing Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT Bubbles
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Bubble Painting
- 2 Ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- Marshmallow Shooter STEM Activity
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Stunning Coloring Flower Science Experiment
- 107 Summer Activities for Kids
Playdough maths activities
By using resoruces from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
thanks so much. so many wonderful resources! I love them.
I pinned a lot! I will be back
Go you! thanks for being a blessing to this busy, broke teacher.