I am obsessed with how this paper plate peacock craft turned out. It is so elegant, colorfully cool and sparkly – just like real peacocks are. If you’re doing a bird unit, a zoo animal week or just want to make a fun and easy paper plate craft – this Paper Plate Peacock is for you. This peacock paper plate craft is fun for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Whether you are looking for a zoo animal craft or letter p is for peacock, you will love this peacock craft.
Paper Plate Peacock
Peacocks are such beautiful creatures. They are my favorite animal to see at the zoo because in most zoos that I have been to, the peacocks are just wandering around wherever they want to go. It always fascinated me as a child. We love making paper plate crafts for kids and since we’ve been to the zoo a lot recently we were wanting to make paper plate animals! This paper plate peacock is such a pretty, fun peacock craft for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this bird craft ideas.
Peacock paper plate craft
For this paper plate bird all you need are a few simple materials you probably already having laying around your house!
- Paper Plate
- Blue Construction Paper
- Blue & Yellow Foam
- Blue Pipe Cleaners
- Blue, Green and Purple Feathers
- Glitter Glue
- Confetti or Glitter
We started our bird craft for kids by cutting the piece of construction paper to slightly bigger than the paper plate. Glue the feathers onto the rim of the paper plate and then glue the construction paper over the feathers, onto the paper plate. The paper plate will keep the strength of the craft, because there are alot of pieces and it could easily get wobbly without the paper plate.
Paper plate animals
Cut the body of the peacock out of foam. We chose blue because it was a different shade of blue. If you don’t have a different shade or if you only have construction paper, you can use purple or green. Next, cut pieces of pipe cleaner into about 2 inch strips. Glue the strips of the pipe cleaner to the back of the head of the body piece. These represent the little feathers that are on top of a peacock’s head. Glue this body piece onto the construction paper.
Paper plate craft
Next it’s time to decorate. We used glitter glue to make swirly marks on the construction paper, but then we decided we wanted even more sparkle. Here is where we added the confetti. This is actually sold in the winter time as fake sparkly snow, but we had so much left and it looks so cool! Any glitter will work, though.
Zoo Animal Crafts
Next we used the glitter glue pen to make marks on the body and to create the eyes.
Finally, we cut out a small triangle from yellow foam and glued it on as the beak. We let the glitter glue dry and we were done. Isn’t it so pretty? I am obsessed with the colors and sparkles! It’s definitely in the top 10 of the crafts my daughter and I have made together!
Looking for another peacock craft for preschoolers – check out this handprint peacock craft
Look for more animal themed activites? You will love these free printable ideas:
- Animal Uppercase Letter Tracing
- Super cute, Free Printable Animal Masks Templates Masks for kids
- Animal Activities for Kids with Animal Cookies
- Free Animal Classifications Worksheet to turn into FUN Cootie Catchers
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt – LOTS of choices inlcluding simple picture clues for young kids and more complex animal classification, biomes, endangered threat, etc
- Animal Activity – Spelling animal names with magentic letters and printable
- Animal Classification Worksheet to cut & paste
- Safari Animal Game Count to 30
- Animal Connect the Dots Printable
- Free Woodland Animal Matching Game
- Hibernation Worksheet – Learn about these fascinating animals from around the world that hibernate during the cold winter months
- Endangered Animals Worksheet – Children will love learning about these fascinating animals from around the world that are sadly endangered animals
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 pages organized into 7 lessons to study aquatic animals using easy-to-understand text, hands-on science experiments, fun worksheets, and more with K-8th grade students.
- Jungle Animal Coloring Pages
- Pasta Animal Crafts for Kids w/ Free Templates
- Animals and their Babies Matching Game
- Animal Homes for Kids Clip Cards
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Free Printable Nocturnal Animal Games
- Zoo Animal Math Worksheets to work on Number Sense
- Animals and their Young Ones Worksheet
- Free Zoo Animal Report Templates for all ages from Toddler, preschool to elementary age students too
- Zoo Field Trip Worksheet – several leveral to choose from toddler, prek, elementary and middle school
- Animal Habitats for Kids with Animal Cookies
- Silly Animals and their Animal Habitats Worksheet
- Animal habitats kindergarten worksheets to complete with circle stickers
- Fun-to-Color and Educational Biomes Coloring Pages
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Reading Comprehension about Animals for Grade 1 and Kindergarten
- Animal Alphabet Worksheets
Animals for Kids
- 100+ Zoo Animal Crafts arranged by type of animals
- Nocturnal Animals Worksheet – Learn about nocturnal animals with this huge pack
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- Salmon Life Cycle Worksheet Pack
- Life Cycle of an Ant
- Life CYcle of a Bee Worksheet
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheet
- Hatching Butterflies with Free Life Cycle of a Butterfly Worksheet and observation journal
- Life Cycles Worksheets – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Free Printable Animal Habitat Game with colorful pictures, facts, and gameboard
- Animal I Spy Printables
- Life Cycle of a Bunny Worksheet
- Shark Printables Reader to learn about sharks for kids
- Zoo Animal Color by Number Worksheet
Looking for more fun craft projects? Whether you want to make popsicle stick, paper plate, or handprint art projects – we’ve got so many fun ideas. We even have monthly crafts for kindergarten ready for you to quickly pick a project. Sneak in some fun math with our kindergarten math crafts. And of course, don’t miss our hugely popular printable alphabet crafts!
- Lots of Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- Super cute, free printable farm animal puppets
- Hundreds Paper Plate Crafts for Kids from A to Z
- Make one of these flower crafts
- These precious keepsake handprint alphabet craftshelp your child to learn the alphabet at the same time!
- Grab your craft sticks, you are going to want to make all of these cool popsicle stick crafts
- Make practicing math fun by making one of these FUN and FREE Math Crafts
- Brr! It may be cold outside, but stay warm in a winter wonderland with these snowflake crafts
- Get ready for the first day of school with these Back to School Crafts
- WE have tons of monthy kindergarten crafts
- Plus don’t miss these super cute and FREE abc crafts for lowercase letters