These fun kindergarten addition activity help children to gain confidence and fluency adding number to 1o with these cute fish printables. The addition puzzles include fish bowls pre-k and kindergarten age students need to match with the groups of fish that add up to the number on the tank. This simple addition for kindergarten is a fun way to get your kids to learn their addition facts. Adding within 10 is an important skills for your students to learn as they build on their addition skills. Simply print pdf file with addition activity for kindergarten and you are ready to play and learn!
Practicing adding numbers to 10 doesn’t have to be boring! These free printable addition puzzles have a fun, engaging fish theme perfect for preschoolers and kindergartners. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love this hands-on kindergarten addition. Lots of practice is the best way for learning addition for kindergarten! And this addition for kindergarten is great way to get practice adding numbers at home, math centers in a classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Addition for Kindergarten
Simple addition for kindergarten
I like to get the students familiar with equations as early as possible. With puzzles like these, it helps them identify the relationship between the numbers and the items. Eventually, they will be able to make the link that adding up the two digits will give us a sum of the items. With these puzzles, it makes it super easy to introduce this concept to young kids.
Print in COLOR or BLACK & WHITE. I suggest you use card stock or laminate the pages. Then cut apart the cards carefully with scissors; I store mine in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
Addition activity for kindergarten
- Stack the puzzle cards in one pile and the mat in the center. I chose to print and laminate more than one mat (one for each pair of students) so that I can see them working individually on their addition skills.
- The kids will pick a puzzle card and read the numbers on the equation then add up the numbers (most kids will use their hands to add them up at this stage). They will be able to add the individual fish on the card to work out the sum too.
- They then look for the number sum with the matching puzzle piece and build their puzzle.
- I use play dough in this step: have the kids pretend that the balls they will make are ‘fish’ and they have to build their equation on the mat.
- You can use the mat as a stand alone and write the numbers below and have the kids building their equations with play dough that way too!
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Free Christmas Addition worksheets
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Crack the Code Worksheet – Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Printable 1st grade math worksheets – handy no-prep math practice that can be used as mad minutes!
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Looking for more fun activities with goldfish crackers? Try these free printable resources:
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Estimation for Kindergarten Activity with Gold fish
- Super cute Fish bowl, Free Goldfish Counting Printable – 1:1 correspondence activity for numbers 1-10
- Counting Goldfish Activity – roll 2 dice, count the dots and cover the goldfish from 2-12
- Goldfish Addtion for Kindergarten – free printable activity
- Fun Goldfish Math with greater than, less than, or equal to fish bowls
- One Fish Two Fish Counting Game for preschoolers with goldfish snacks
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.