Looking for a clever, unique animal craft for kids? These animal crafts are made with dyed pasta and our free animal printables for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders to work on fine motor skills while having fun. Children will enjoy creating these zoo animal crafts featuring a lion, hedgehog, snake, fish, and more! Simply download pdf file with template and get making some amazing pasta crafts!
Young kids especially are fascinated by animals; they come in all shapes and sizes, make different noises, and even move differently. From cute little hedgehogs to slithering snakes, ferocious lions to graceful fish – there are so many amazing animals in our world! Whether you use these animal crafts after a trip to the zoo, part of an animal theme, or something else – these pasta crafts are sure to be a hit. Use these zoo craft animals with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
The idea is to make things easy on parents, teachers, and homeschoolers! So just dye lots of different types of pasta noodles (here is how to dye pasta) and set out the colored pasta with these free animal printable to get kids started. Kids will just complete the picture.
Animal Crafts for Kids
The animal worksheets for preschoolers are in black and white so kids can use crayons, markers, or colored pencils to finish the picture as well. We complete our lion craft with orange and yellow markesr and bowtie pasta.
After colouring in the hedge hog face and nose, we used brown rotini noodles to finish the cute little hedgehog craft.
Rainbow Fish Craft
This rainbow fish craft is super cute as a rainbow fish activity for kids where they can make their own reinabow fish.
While we did our fish craft with markers and colored elbow pasta, there are so many options! You can use paint, playdough, dot markers, circle stickers, etc. I love open ended projects that allow kids to dream up new and innovative ways to create something beautiful!
Zoo Animal Crafts
My son’s favorite animal is a turtle so I had to include not one, but two different turtle templates to choose from. We used green dyed pasta to complete the turtle shell and markers to color in the adorable happy turtle. This turtle craft is so cute!
Zoo Craft Animals
Our cute snake craft we made out of blue rotini noodles. This is such a simple project so even young 2 and 3 years olds can participate. I suggested they make the snake curl up.
Animal Printables for Kids
We have lots of fun, hands on activities to teach kids about animals! Whether you are completing a zoology lesson , supplementing your homeschool science lesson, or just learning about your child’s favorite animals, we’ve got some fantastic resources filled with cute clipart and engaging activities:
- Animal Report Template
- Free Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt (includes simple picture clues for Pre k and more complex animal classification, biomes, endangered threat, etc for older elementary age students
- Animal Classification Worksheets to cut & paste
- Shark Printables – read, color and learn about sharks
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 pages organized into 7 lessons to study aquatic animals using easy-to-understand text, hands-on science experiments, fun worksheets, and more with K-8th grade students.
- Animal Homes Clip Cards for kids
- Life Cycles for Kids – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Animal Habitat Worksheets – Do a Dot Printable
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Animals that Hibernate Worksheets
- Frog Life Cycle Playdough Mats
- Jello Animal Cells Project
- Silly Puzzles Animal Habitat Activity
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Nocturnal Animals Printables
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
Looking for more fun craft projects? Whether you want to make popsicle stick, paper plate, or handprint art projects – we’ve got so many fun ideas. We even have monthly crafts for kindergarten ready for you to quickly pick a project. Sneak in some fun math with our kindergarten math crafts. And of course, don’t miss our hugely popular printable alphabet crafts!
- Lots of Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- Super cute, free printable farm animal puppets
- Hundreds Paper Plate Crafts for Kids from A to Z
- Cute Bowtie Pasta Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Gorgeous Shaving Cream Butterfly Craft
- Make one of these flower crafts
- These precious keepsake handprint alphabet craftshelp your child to learn the alphabet at the same time!
- Grab your craft sticks, you are going to want to make all of these cool popsicle stick crafts
- Make practicing math fun by making one of these FUN and FREE Math Crafts
- Brr! It may be cold outside, but stay warm in a winter wonderland with these snowflake crafts
- Get ready for the first day of school with these Back to School Crafts
- WE have tons of monthy kindergarten crafts
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
- Plus don’t miss these super cute and FREE abc crafts for lowercase letters
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836, Kim Cameron, Kathryn Estry, and free Kapiza font.
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!