Get ready for giggles as kids creative some zany animals with these free printable silly animal puzzles. Then use this activity to explore where animals actually live with this habitats activity. Then, check out our Kindergarten Science activities for more fun, hands on learning activities.
Amazing Science Projects for Kids
- Water Balloon Density Experiment
- Red White and Blue Science Project
- Salt Crystal Hearts
- Egg Density Experiment
- Fizzing Christmas Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Experiment
- Free Animal Habitats sticker Worksheets
- Flower Science Experiment
- Month-by-Month Science Experiments for Kids
- Colorful Oil & Water Science Experiment
Silly Animal Puzzles and Habitats Activity
Print the free download on cardstock for durability. Kids will enjoy making different silly animals over and over again so you need them to be durable. You will love how simple these puzzles are. These 2 part puzzles are perfectly aligned so that kids can mix and match any animals – mosquitoes, camels, ducks, fish, snails, snakes, and more.
My kids just giggled and giggled at the silly animal puzzles they created like the goat bird and the half chameleon and half spider animals.
Make sure you have some scientific conversations while kids are making animals by asking some of these questions:
- would the goat bird have trouble swimming with his horns?
- how would the piranha turtle swim?
- what about the owl sea lion – would it fly or swim?
- where would these animals live, eat, etc
After the kids enjoyed making some silly animal puzzles, we made the animals the “right way”. Then we worked on figuring out where the animals belonged and sorted them into 5 different habitats. There are six animals for each habitat. If you are unsure of what habitat animals belong in, don’t worry there is an answer key included!
To dive a little deeper:
- Check out books from the library on your favorite animal or habitat.
- Try this fun, free printable Biomes Board Game that takes you through different habitats while exploring animals more closely.
- Print and try these Free Animal Habitat Circle Sticker Worksheets
Download Silly Animal Puzzles and Habitats Activity
If you download from my site, you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Digi Web Studio
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!