Get ready for giggles as kids creative some zany and silly animals with these free printable animal puzzles. Then use this animal habitats for kids activity to explore where animals actually live with this habitats activity for kids. This is such a fun science activity for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, first graders, and 2nd grade students.
Animal Habitats for Kids
Free Animal Habitat Printables
Now print the pack in color on cardstock for durability. Kids will enjoy making different silly animals over and over again so you need them to be durable. You will love how simple these puzzles are. These 2 part puzzles are perfectly aligned so that kids can mix and match any animals – mosquitoes, camels, ducks, fish, snails, snakes, and more.
Free Printable Animal Puzzles
My kids just giggled and giggled at the silly animal puzzles they created like the goat bird and the half chameleon and half spider animals. This fun animal habitats kindergarten worksheets start silly which lead to fantastic conversations about animal adaptations, micro evolutions, and more.
Make sure you have some scientific conversations while kids are making animals by asking some of these questions with this animal habitat games for kindergarten:
- would the goat bird have trouble swimming with his horns?
- how would the piranha turtle swim?
- what about the owl sea lion – would it fly or swim?
- where would these animals live, eat, etc
Habitats for Kids
After the kids enjoyed making some silly animal puzzles, we made the animals the “right way”. Then we worked on figuring out where the animals and their habitats belonged. We sorted the animal habitats preschool printables into 5 different habitats. There are six animals for each habitat. If you are unsure of what habitat animals belong in, don’t worry there is an answer key included!
Animal Habitat Activities for Kids
Looking for more ways to teach kids about animals and their homes, you will love these fun activities to teach kids about animals.
- Zoo Scavenger Hunts – lots of choices for teaching a variety of things for 3-15 year olds!
- Edible Animal Cells Project
- Biology Science Vocabulary Flashcards (free printable!)\
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Habitat Game for Kids (Free – Exploring Biomes, Taxonomy, and Animals for K-6th)
- Zoo Fieldtrip Guide
- Animal Free Habitats Worksheets with circle stickers
- Silly Animal Puzzle and Habitats Activity
- Biome Coloring Pages
- Animal Homes Clip Cards
- 40 Zoo Animal Crafts for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands on science experiments for kindergartners? You will love these kindergarten science projects:
- Water Balloon Density Experiment
- Red White and Blue Science Project
- Heart Salt Crystals Experiment
- Egg Density Experiment
- Fizzing Christmas Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Experiment
- Coloring Flowers Science Experiment
- Month-by-Month Science Experiments for Kindergartners
- Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
Animal Puzzles Printable
If you download from my site, you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Digi Web Studio
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!