If you are working with teen numbers kindergarten, you will love this cute resource for helping children learn what number comes next. In this cute Dog and Bone teen number activity, kids will clip the bone for the number that comes after the featured number. These clip cards are such a fun, low prep math activity for kindergartners. Simply download pdf file with what number comes next activity and you are ready to play and learn!
What Number Comes Next
Looking for a fun way to get kids to learn number order? Especially those tricky teen numbers? These dog and bone themed what number comes next is a great way to help preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students practice what comes next. To use this teen numbers kindergarten, children will simply clip the bone on the clip cards for the number that comes after! Learners can use pegs or alternatively you could have then cutting and pasting their responses on their sheets.
Teen numbers kindergarten
Teen Number Activities
All you need for this fun teen number activity are a few simple materials. To prepare:
- A4 paper
- Unifix cubes for counting practice
Print as many strip templates as you need for the number of students in your class. These cards can be laminated for durability but it is not necessary.
Math activities for kindergarten
Prepare and cut up the number order strips you can place these in a mini tub along with unifix cubes or super cute dog themed mini erasers, so the kids can pretend they are counting and clipping to help feed the dogs. Be sure to have enough cubes and strips if you’re using cubes. The students will then choose a card, then begin to identify the number that comes next. You could also use a number line here. They can also use unifix cubes to assist them in counting order. Watch the students as they do this – have them even roll play dough to create the number order. Use a number line to help the kids identify the number that comes next. Some kids will begin building their unifix cubes right away– that’s ok too. Just be sure they are doing this correctly.
These tasks can be placed in a tub, used as a notebook activity to show their learning and more!
This activity is hands-on and perfect for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more counting on games and activities. These can be laminated and added to your math centers for repeated practice.
Looking for more free kindergarten math printables and fun math activities for kindergartners? We’ve got lots of fun kindergarten math:
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets are a really fun way for kindergartners to work on counting and visual discriminiation skills!
- Farm Animals I Spy Printables
- Bugs I Spy Worksheets
- Summer Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets
- Ocean Color by Number Printable
- Hundreds Chart Battleship
- Dinosaur Color by Number Printable Worksheets
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Color by 100s Chart
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition
- Gingerbread Man Sequencing Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Sequencing with There was a cold lady who swallowed some snow pdf
- Count and Trace with Candy Pumpkin Printables
- Kite Skip Counting Math Craft (free printable!)
- Sandcastle Math Subtraction Craft (freebie)
- 100 Number Sense Activities and Games
Kindergarten Math Printables
- What Comes Next Math Pencil Strips
- Farm Do a Dot Printables Numbers – use bingo daubers to make numbers 1-10, count farm animals, and trace numbers too
- Dinosaur Math Worksheets for practicing a variety of math skills
- Snowman Place Value Worksheets
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Star Wars Number Tracing
- Free Printable Writing Number Worksheets
- Teaching about currency with Money Puzzles
- Learning about Coins Money Sorting Mat
- Hot Dog Number Words Activity
- Kindergarten Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Super cute Goldfish Addition
- Count and smash Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Free Sticky Number Bonds Kindergarten Worksheets
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- Kindergarten Summer Pool Beach Balls Count and Trace Numbers 1-20
- 70 Fun and FREE Kindergarten Math Games
- Super cute, Free Printable Coloring Calendar 2021
What Number Comes Next
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only. To share, please share a link to our site so others can download their own copy directly.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!