Help kids practice skills like counting, writing alphabet letters, which one is different, colors, and more with these Desert Animals Printables for Toddler, Preschool, and Kindergarten age kids. You can see all our other kindergarten worksheets and activities for Kindergarten Themes.
The desert is a barren area whose living conditions are very hostile for plant and animal life. The lack of vegetation and water for animals makes it hard for them to survive. To stay out of the heat, many of the animals that live in the desert are nocturnal and become very efficient at conserving water and energy.
This Desert Animal Printable Pack introduces children to some of the unique animals that are able to survive these harsh conditions. See all our Kindergarten Printables
Desert Animals Printable Pack
This printable pack contains over 70 pages of fun activities focusing on animals that live in the desert. There are eight animals that are focused on in this printable pack: the camel, the scorpion, the tortoise, the mouse, the rattlesnake, the lizard, the gopher and the coyote.
In this Desert Animals Printable pack there are many worksheets that can be made reusable by laminating them and using a dry erase marker.
Alphabet Desert Animals Printables
A full list of the activities included is:
- Alphabet Cards – Cut out, laminate and use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones. Can also be used to spell words.
- Trace the Letters – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory. These cards can also be used together with the alphabet cards. using the alphabet cards to spell out the words.
- I Spy – Count the Desert Animals– Count the animals.
- Beginning Letter Sounds – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Syllable Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Do-A-Dot Letter Activity – Using a dot marker or bingo marker, dot out all of the correct letters.
- Trace the Lines – Trace inside the lines carefully
- Cut the Lines – Practice scissor skills by cutting along the lines
- Trace the Lowercase Letters – Trace the lowercase letters of the alphabet
- Trace the Uppercase Letters – Trace the uppercase letters of the alphabet
Math Desert Animals Printables
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- Counting Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompomor candy onto the correct answer.
- Addition Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompomor candy onto the correct answer.
- Subtraction Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pompomor candy onto the correct answer.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Odd One Out – Circle the object that is different.
- What Comes Next? – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Finish the Patterns – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Coloring Activity – Color in the object using the color listed below.
- Dice / Graphing Activity – Cut out the dice and glue together. Roll the dice and graph each object the dice lands on.
- Trace the Numbers – Trace the numbers from 1 to 20
- Coloring Pages – Color or decorate the pages
- Color Matching Cards – Cut out the cards and practice learning colors by matching the cards. Use these in games like memory / matching games
- Shadow Matching Cards – Match the animal to its shadow
More Amazing Science Projects for Kids
- Water Balloon Density Experiment
- Red White and Blue Science Project
- Salt Crystal Hearts
- Egg Density Experiment
- Fizzing Christmas Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Experiment
- Free Animal Habitats sticker Worksheets
- Flower Science Experiment
- Month-by-Month Science Experiments for Kids
- Colorful Oil & Water Science Experiment
Download Desert Animals Printables
Choosing to download means you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!