Help kids have fun while learning about the Life Cycle of an Ant with this free printable life cycle worksheet for Kindergartners.
As the warmer months hit kids will be playing outside more and observing nature around them. Children who love playing in the dirt are sure to notice plenty of ant hills. A fun summer lesson is teaching your children about the life cycle of an ant.
Life Cycle of an Ant
Download your worksheets about the life cycle of an ant to begin the fun. Since the weather is warmer out it is a great time for children to observe ants firsthand. The worksheets will help your child understand the life cycle of an ant. The first page allows your child to cut and paste and display the life cycle. The second page can be cut out and used as flash cards or a mini book to remind your child of the life cycle of the ant.
A basic life cycle of an ant consists of four phases.
1. Egg: Ant eggs are oval shaped. Fertilized eggs produce female ants and unfertilized eggs produce male ants.
2. Larva: These are worm like and have no eyes or legs. They eat food that adult ants regurgitate. Larva will molt many times while increasing in size.
3. Pupa: Once the larva reaches a particular size it will form a cocoon which is like silk around itself. It is during this time that the pupa will transform into an ant.
4. Ant: An ant emerges from the cocoon. The process can take 10 weeks.
Share with your children that black ant queens can live 15 years while worker ants can live up to 5 years. There is a species of ants that can live up to 3o years. Ants have the longest lifespan of all insects. For more fun facts about ants simply search it or take a trip the library. You and your children will be amazing how much there is to know about these tiny insects.
More FREE Life Cycle Printables
- Pumpkin Life Cycle
- Apple Life Cycle
- Sunflower Life Cycle
- Penguin Life Cycle
- Turkey Life Cycle
- Spider Life Cycle
- Ladybug Life Cycle
- Chicken Life Cycle
- Frog Life Cycle
- Plant Life Cycle
- Hatching Butterflies Life Cycle Printable
Download Ant Life Cycle Printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!