These free printable kindergarten spring worksheets are quick and easy to turn into a spring readers to help kindergarten age children build fluency and practice writing. These spring emergent reader books using sight words I, can, a. So as you plan for kindergarten spring, don’t miss this handy spring activity for kindergartners. Simply download pdf file with free spring printables for kindergarten and you are ready to play and learn!
Spring activity for Kindergartners
Have you noticed that young children love little books? They particularly like those books they create or put together. I’m not sure what it is about them. Perhaps it is the size or the fact that they had a hand in making them. With this in mind, we have created a sweet printable emergent reader about Spring. Kids can color kindergarten spring worksheets to decorate the pages and then read the simple word to get them started reading with a spring activity for kindergartners. This is a handy resource for your spring literacy centers in your classroom or homeschool supplement for your spring theme
Kindergarten spring worksheets
What is An Emergent Reader?
An emergent reader is a student that is starting to read. They know and recognize some letters of the alphabet. They are in the early stages of learning sound/symbol relationships. Can sound out CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words and recognize a few sight words. They tend to rely on contextual clues and pictures to understand the text.
Free Printable Kindergarten Level Books:
- Pictures that support the text
- Repetitive patterns
- Controlled, repeated vocabulary
- Contains familiar object
- Uses large print
- Has limited text on a page
Printable emergent readers are a wonderful tool to use with young learners. Kids love making and reading them .They hit a lot of the common core reading standards including
- Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
- Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
- Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
- Read common high-frequency words by sight
- Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this easy reader is a good choice for springtime. It provides the opportunity to practice the high frequency words ‘I’, ‘see’, and ‘a’.
The book has 4 pages with a predictable sentence and simple picture cues. There are also pages with the start of the sentence for students to complete and illustrate. The simple sentence pattern makes it perfect for child starting to read. I like that it provides opportunities for both reading and writing.
We given you a choice of covers. A colored version or black and white
Spring Emergent Reader Free
You will also need scissors to cut each page in half (the printable makes two books) , stack the pages with the cover on top, and a stapler to attach the pages along the left-hand side to make a book.
Spring lessons for kindergarten
Before using this spring themed printable books, I would start by reading a book about Spring. Try this one
- As a class brainstorm all the things you can see in springtime.
- Print the words on your word wall.
- Take a quick walk through the printable book with the children. You can read it together.
- Invite students to color each page and complete the blank pages.
The pictures are very minimal, so children can add other details to the pages if they wish. Can you add a ladybug flying around the flower? A bird playing in the puddle? Some flowers for the butterfly to visit?
Provide some time for students to show off their books to the rest of the class. Children can take their books home for extra reading practice.
Emergent Reader Books
Looking for more free printable early readers? You will love these resources:
- Thanksgiving Emergent Reader
- Fall Shapes Emergent Reader
- Pet Shop Count to 20 Emergent Reader
- Count to 10 Zoo Animals Emergent Reader
- Short i words Emergent Reader
- Color the Shapes Emergent Reader
- Princess Reader Books
- Counting Snowman Emergent Reader
- Compound Words Emergent Reader
- Kindergarten Sight Words Emergent Reader
- Springtime Sight Words Reader
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- LOTS of fun and clever March Crafts for Kids
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Printable Easter Craft for Preschoolers
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Umbrella Letter Matching Activity
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
If you have a kindergarten or teach kindergartners, you don’t want to miss all our fun and FREE theme worksheets, free alphabet printables, kindergarten math, kindergarten science, kindergarten phonics, kindergarten crafts, and kindergarten themes!
Free spring printables for kindergarten
Before you download your Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.