These free printable kindergarten spring worksheets are quick and easy to turn into a spring readers to help kindergarten age children build fluency and practice writing. These spring emergent reader books using sight words I, can, a. So as you plan for kindergarten spring, don’t miss this handy spring activity for kindergartners. Simply print pdf file with free spring printables for kindergarten and you are ready to play and learn!
Emergent reader books
Have you noticed that young children love little books? They particularly like those books they create or put together. I’m not sure what it is about them. Perhaps it is the size or the fact that they had a hand in making them. With this in mind, we have created a sweet printable emergent reader about Spring. Kids can color kindergarten spring worksheets to decorate the pages and then read the simple word to get them started reading with a spring activity for kindergartners. This is a handy resource for your spring literacy centers in your classroom or homeschool supplement for your spring theme
Emergent reading books
What is An Emergent Reader?
An emergent reader is a student that is starting to read. They know and recognize some letters of the alphabet. They are in the early stages of learning sound/symbol relationships. Can sound out CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words and recognize a few sight words. They tend to rely on contextual clues and pictures to understand the text.
Free Printable Kindergarten Level Books:
- Pictures that support the text
- Repetitive patterns
- Controlled, repeated vocabulary
- Contains familiar object
- Uses large print
- Has limited text on a page
Printable books for kindergarten
Printable emergent readers are a wonderful tool to use with young learners. Kids love making and reading them .They hit a lot of the common core reading standards including
- Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
- Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
- Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
- Read common high-frequency words by sight
- Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this easy reader is a good choice for springtime. It provides the opportunity to practice the high frequency words ‘I’, ‘see’, and ‘a’.
The book has 4 pages with a predictable sentence and simple picture cues. There are also pages with the start of the sentence for students to complete and illustrate. The simple sentence pattern makes it perfect for child starting to read. I like that it provides opportunities for both reading and writing.
We given you a choice of covers. A colored version or black and white
Spring Emergent Reader Free
You will also need scissors to cut each page in half (the printable makes two books) , stack the pages with the cover on top, and a stapler to attach the pages along the left-hand side to make a book.
Spring lessons for kindergarten
Before using this spring themed printable books, I would start by reading a book about Spring. Try this one
- As a class brainstorm all the things you can see in springtime.
- Print the words on your word wall.
- Take a quick walk through the printable book with the children. You can read it together.
- Invite students to color each page and complete the blank pages.
The pictures are very minimal, so children can add other details to the pages if they wish. Can you add a ladybug flying around the flower? A bird playing in the puddle? Some flowers for the butterfly to visit?
Provide some time for students to show off their books to the rest of the class. Children can take their books home for extra reading practice.
Emergent Reader Books
Looking for more free printable early readers? You will love these resources:
- Thanksgiving Emergent Reader
- Fall Shapes Emergent Reader
- Pet Shop Count to 20 Emergent Reader
- Count to 10 Zoo Animals Emergent Reader
- Short i words Emergent Reader
- Color the Shapes Emergent Reader
- Princess Reader Books
- Counting Snowman Emergent Reader
- Compound Words Emergent Reader
- Kindergarten Sight Words Emergent Reader
- Springtime Sight Words Reader
Spring Alphabet Printables
- Mowing the Lawn Spring Alphabet Game
- Spring Alphabet Worksheets for preschoolers
- Alphabet Kite Craft
- Free Printable Flower matching game for preschoolers
- Rainbow Spring Letter Tracing for kids
- Spring Flowers Letter Matching Printable for Upper and Lowercase Letters
- Rainy Day Find-the-Letter Spring Worksheets
- Raindrop Letters Matching activity for spring
- Hop to it! Frog alphabet matching game printable
- Hands-on Caterpillar spring cvc words activity
- Printable spring bubble word family games
- April Writing Prompts Calendar
- Free May Writing Prompts Worksheets for K-4th graders
- Rhyming Words Spring Worksheets
- Simple, free Flower Rhyming Worksheets
- Printable Spring Emergent Reader
- Planting Carrots CVC Word Activity
- Frog free printable sight words games pdf
- Tulip spring rhyming words worksheet
- Carrot word family worksheets for kindergarten
Spring Math Activities
- Butterfly Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Free printable kite Skip Counting Craft
- Spring counting playdough mats
- Insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Count to 10 Insect printables for preschoolers
- Fraction Flowers worksheets for kids
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar flashcards – numbers
- Bug Measuring Cards Free
- Raindrop counting activity for spring
- Spring carrot what comes next activity
- Flower free printable number bond worksheets for kindergarten
- Flower Tracing Numbers 1-30 pdf
- Spring Math Puzzles to work on counting and addition
Spring Math Activity
- Spring Counting Clip Cards
- Spring Birds, Free printable one to one correspondence activity with jelly beans
- Free printable missing number worksheets
- Spring Bunny counting number tracing cards
- Teen Number sense Flower Addition Worksheet
- Shape Flower Playdough Mats
- Printable Spring Tracing Worksheets
- Free Printable FLOWER shapes activities for kindergarten
- Vegetable counting from 1 to 10 clip cards activity
- Seeds Make 10 Addition Game
- Spring Addition Counting Clip Cards
- Kite Color Matching – free printable learning colors for toddlers game
- Free printable How to plant a seed step by step worksheet
- I Spy Farm Animals (great for visual discrimination & counting)
- Free Printable Spring Worksheets Preschool
- Backyard Critters Insect worksheets for kindergarten
- Spring color words worksheets using do-a-dot markers
- B is for Butterfly weekly theme
- Fun Ant activities for preschoolers (prek / k)
- I is for Inchworm activities for kids
- Match the Flower Worksheet for Kindergarten
- Spring lego challenge cards
- Fruit Loop Color Matching Umbrella Craft
- I Spy Spring
These science projects and spring science experiments are perfect for indoor or outdoor!
- How big is a Raindrop Experiment for kids
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Density water balloon science experiment
- Fun-to-Make, Beautiful Chromatography Butterflies for kids
- Vinegar and Baking soda Rocket Experiment
- Outrageously cool Lemon Clock project for kids
- Making butter in a jar experiment
- Balloon solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities
- Amazing Coke and mentos experiment worksheet
Spring Science Worksheets
These free science printables are a grea way to learn about the parts of a plant, plant life cycles, animal life cycles, to take along as zoo field trip worksheets, and more!
- Free Printable Parts of a Plant Flipbook
- LOTS of Gardening with Kids tips and information
- Plant Life Cycle Worksheets and Observation Book
- Life Cycle of a Plant Worksheet Pack
- Hatching Butterflies Observation Book
- Printable Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet free
- Free Earthworm life cycle worksheet
- Nature Walk Activity Sheet
- Frog Life Cycle for Kids spinner activity
- Free printable Life Cycle of a Frog Worksheet
- Seasons on the Farm Printable
- Free Zoo fieldtrip worksheet
- Printable Animal Habitat Game
- Insect Life Cycle printable books
Spring Crafts for Preschoolers
Your kids are going to want to try these fun springtime craft projects.
- 30 DIY Bird Feeder projects to make with kids this springtime
- Gingho Leaf Umbrella Craft
- Bubble Wrap Umbrella Craft Preschool
- Cute toilet paper roll bunny crafts for kids
- 40 Earth Day Crafts
- Easy Impressionism for Kids spring art project
- Pasta Butterfly Craft
- Pop-up Butterfly Crafts for preschoolers
Flower Crafts for Kids
- 100 Beautiful Flowers Crafts for Kids to Make
- Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Celery Painted Tulip Flower Craft
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Ideas
- Felt Board Flower Craft
- Splatter Art Flower Craft for Kids
- Fine Motor Bead Flower Craft for Preschoolers
- How to Make a Flower Crown
- Cute printable flower craft for mothers day
- Super cute Printable Flower Craft for working on name recognition
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
Spring Activities for Kids
- Colorful Snake Bubble Activity for kids
- Spring pasta craft for kids
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Find monthly resources such are our March Crafts for kids or our March Activities for Kids!
- Check out our April Crafts for kids or our April Activities for Kids!
- Don’t miss these May Crafts for kids or our May Activities for Kids!
- Let’s ease into summer on June 21st with these June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
- Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT bubbles
Free spring printables for kindergarten
Before you grab your Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
>> Spring Sight Word Practice <