Teaching the frog life-cycle is always fun and the best part is that there are loads of free resources out there to help you do it. We’ve assembled a list of resources including the best worksheets, videos and books. We’ve also created a fun printable wheel showing the main stages of frog development.
Life Cycle of a Frog for Kids
There is something about tadpoles and frogs that really appeals to kids. Every spring my boys loved to go hunting in the ditches and ponds for the wriggling tadpoles. We took along an assortment of small buckets and they spent hours scooping up tadpoles. Most of the time we released them, but one memorable year we did take some home and watched them grow into frogs. It is such an amazing process and one that never fails to impress.
4 Teacher Approved Videos
- Learn all about a Frog Life Cycle provides a simple explanation and is short enough for even the wriggliest of kids.
- Life cycle of a frog has some lovely photographs and video footage
- The metamorphosis song is a fun way to introduce the word
- Froggy Froggy is a catchy song that teaches the frog life cycle
8 Helpful Books
Here are 8 books about the frog life cycle. Some of them are great for reading aloud and others can be read by children at a variety of reading levels. Even children who are not reading can learn a lot by looking at the pictures.
Raising tadpoles and watching them change into frogs is a wonderful opportunity for kids to witness the life cycle first hand. It provides opportunity for your kids to practice
- Collecting data
- Recording data
But apart from that it is plain fun. Kids express genuine wonder as they watch the tadpoles change and grow. This is hands on learning at its best. However, be aware that in some places it is illegal to remove frogspawn from ponds, so CHECK YOUR LOCAL REGULATIONS FIRST. It is also recommended that you bring the frogs back to same pond when they mature.
Rainy day mom has written a helpful guide about how to raise tadpoles. https://rainydaymum.co.uk/learning-with-nature-tadpoles/
1 Amazing site with dozens of free picture
If you would like to print out some gorgeous pictures of frogs for your classroom, hop over to Unsplash and use their search to find them. All the pictures on Unsplash are free to download and use. It is a fabulous resource for teachers.
FREE Frog Life Cycle Wheel
Making a frog life cycle wheel is great activity. The wheel has pictures of eggs, tadpoles, tadpoles with arms, tadpoles with arms and legs, and mature frogs. The wheel turns around and around, so it helps kids visualize the cyclical nature of life cycle. We have a black and white version that children can decorate and a colored one that is ready to put together.
Children can make their own wheels, or you can make one to show the class and keep in your frog center.
- Print templates onto cardstock
- Cut out both circles.
- Cut out the window section of the top circle.
- Lay the top circle on top of the bottom circle.
- Insert a brass fastener to the center. You should now be able to turn the bottom circle. Move the wheel around to see the different stages in the window.
As a bonus we’ve also included frog life cycle worksheet. Students cut out the pictures and glue them in their correct order. It is a great way to review the life cycle.
Looking for more frog worksheets and frog games for kids? Check out these free resources for kids of all ages:
- Hoppy Frog Math Game for working on addition with pre-k, kindergarten and first graders
- Learn All About Frogs with this engaging science lesson for kids
- Frog and Toad are Friends Printables – Literature Guide with lapbook and worksheets
- Fun Math Frog Multiplication Game
- F is for Frog Literacy Pack
- Cute, Frog Alphabet Matching Game Printable
- Huge pack of Frog Math Worksheets for grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students
- Make practicing sight words FUN with this cute Frog printable sight word games
- Celebrate Save the Frogs Day on April 30th with these fun frog activities
- Learn about the amazing frog life cycle with these FREE Frog Life Cycle Worksheet Pages
- Or use the cute spinner in this Life Cycle of a Frog for Kids Printables
- Frog Number Games Printable
- Plus don’t miss these fun-to-read Frog Books for Preschool
- Plan a whole week of frog themed learning activities with this Frog Theme Preschool
Life Cycle Printables
Looking for more free printables to help you learn about life cycles? You will love these resources:
- Life Cycle of an Ant
- Plant Life Cycles Printable Emergent Reader and Worksheets
- Pumpkin life cycle worksheet – lots of fun activities for learning about pumpkin life cycle
- Apple life cycle printable plus worksheets for working on early literacy and math too
- Life cycle of a sunflower worksheet – fun sunflower life cycle printables
- Penguin life cycle worksheet – is a perfect addition to you winter theme!
- Rabbit Life Cycle Worksheets
- Turkey life cycle – is fun to learn about around Thanksgiving
- Spider life cycle worksheet is a fun way to learn about the life cycle of spiders with an insect theme or during Octoboer
- Apple Life Cycle Lapbook, Pumpkin life Cycle Lapbook, or Strawberry Life Cycle Printables
- Ladybug life cycle worksheet pages perfect for spring and summer
- Chicken Hatching eggs in the classroom worksheets
- Learn about the Life Cycle of Frogs for kids and grab the life-cycle wheel
- Life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Plant life cycle worksheet or this Plant Life Cycle Printable Lift-the-Flap
- Salmon Life Cycle Worksheet pack with not only life cycle of salmon, but math and literacy activities too
- Hatching Butterflies with Life cycle of a butterfly worksheet
- Sea Turtle Printable Books to learn about their life cycles
- Learn math and literacy along with these Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheets
- Watermelon Life Cycle Printable Spinner
Download Frog Life Cycle Wheel
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Thank you so much i really would like it