If you are looking for more things do you with your kids during May, check out these gorgeous May crafts for kids. There are lots different art and craft ideas for all ages to try out.
May Crafts for Kids
May means warmer weather! Summer is coming, let’s celebrate with some of these great May crafts for kids.
Make some beautiful butterflies, some cute lady bugs, and some buzzy bees. There are some gorgeous fairy crafts on the list and some beautiful ideas to celebrate Mother’s Day, as well as lots more May crafts for the kids to try. There is enough crafty ideas on this list to make a different craft every day in May!
Plus, don’t miss these 31 May Kids Activities too!
Caterpillar and Butterfly Crafts
- Cupcake liner butterfly craft from The Joy of Sharing. How cute are these little butterflies!?!?
- Butterfly printing with sponges from The Craft Train. This is such a cool and clever art activity!
- Fluttering paper plate butterflies from Pink Stripey Socks. These are so bright and colorful, they’d look great displayed on a wall or hung up as a mobile.
- Easy crepe paper butterfly craft from Artsy Craftsy Mom. You could use these cute little butterflies to decorate cards, or the wall.
- Pom pom caterpillar craft from Easy Peasy and Fun. The kids will love making these cute, fuzzy, little caterpillars!
- Melted crayon butterflies from Art Bar. These are just gorgeous!
- Butterfly mask craft from Messy Little Monsters. The free printable template makes it easy to make these spectacular masks!
- Ladybug cutting and pasting activity from The Art Kit. There is a gorgeous free printable to make this lovely lady bug craft.
- Paper roll ladybug craft from Non Toy Gifts. These little ladybugs have hand print wings!
- Egg carton ladybug craft from Buggy and Buddy. Such a cute way to recycle egg cartons!
- Recycled CD ladybugs from Crafts By Amanda. Now you know what to do with all those old CDs!
- Paper Plate ladybug from Glued to My Crafts. This cute ladybug looks so happy and friendly.
Buzzy Bee Crafts
- Clothespin bee craft from Non Toy Gifts. I love these bright and happy little bees!
- Bee cup craft from Red Ted Art. I love these bees with their happy smiling faces.
- Cute popsicle stick bee craft from Kids’ Craft Room. This cute craft is a great excuse to eat lots of popsicles!
- Easy recycled bee craft from Simple Everyday Mom. Can you guess what these bee’s wings are made from?
- Bee finger puppets craft from I Heart Crafty Things. Do you know any bee sings you could sing while you play with these cute puppets?
- Colourful Q-tip painted dragonfly craft from Projects With Kids. This is such a fun art technique to try with gorgeous results.
- Easy peg dragonflies from The Craft Train. These gorgeous dragonflies are may with clothes pins.
- Maple tree helicopter seed dragonfly craft for kids from Buggy and Buddy. Do you have a maple tree growing nearby? Collect the seeds to make this cute craft!
- Beaded pipe cleaner dragonflies from One Little Project. These are fun to make and to play with when you are done.
- Spoon dragonfly craft from Laughing Kids Learn. I love the shiny shimmery wings on these cute dragonflies.
Mothers Day Crafts
- 3D flower Mother’s Day cards from Projects with Kids. These flower cards are just gorgeous.
- Mother’s Day thumbprint craft from A Dab of Glue Will Do. This is a fun, personalized craft with gorgeous results.
- Dancing Mother’s Day flower craft from The Soccer Mom Blog. These are so cute!
- Mother’s Day handprint card from Non Toy Gifts. This is such a clever idea with an awesome product!
- Cupcake liner flower card from I Heart Crafty Things. This is a bright a cheerful, kid-made, Mother’s Day card idea.
- Fingerprint flower salt dough necklace craft from Easy Peasy and Fun. These are such a lovely keepsake and would make a gorgeous necklace or key chain.
More Fabulous May Crafts For Kids
- Painted fairy houses from the garden from Projects With Kids. These are so cute, I’d love a whole garden full of them!
- Round suncatcher craft from Kids’ Craft Room. These would look gorgeous hung in the sunshine!
- Pour painting flower pots from Messy Little Monsters. This looks like so much fun, and they would make great gifts too.
- Handprint cactus from One Little Project. These are super cute and would make a great table centerpiece.
- Popsicle stick fairy house from Glued to My Crafts. I’m sure the fairies would love to live in this cute little house.
- Printable Flower Name Recognition Hats from Preschool Play and Learn
If you are looking for more things do you with your kids during May, check out these awesome May Activities for kids, which include sensory play, learning activities, science and more.
Looking for more fun craft projects? Whether you want to make popsicle stick, paper plate, or handprint art projects – we’ve got so many fun ideas. We even have monthly crafts for kindergarten ready for you to quickly pick a project. Sneak in some fun math with our kindergarten math crafts. And of course, don’t miss our hugely popular printable alphabet crafts!
- Lots of Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- Super cute, free printable farm animal puppets
- Hundreds Paper Plate Crafts for Kids from A to Z
- Make one of these flower crafts
- These precious keepsake handprint alphabet craftshelp your child to learn the alphabet at the same time!
- Grab your craft sticks, you are going to want to make all of these cool popsicle stick crafts
- Make practicing math fun by making one of these FUN and FREE Math Crafts
- Brr! It may be cold outside, but stay warm in a winter wonderland with these snowflake crafts
- Get ready for the first day of school with these Back to School Crafts
- WE have tons of monthy kindergarten crafts
- Plus don’t miss these super cute and FREE abc crafts for lowercase letters
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Looking for our most popular content? Here it is!
- Grab this ABC coloring book free download foe some fun learning with prek/K
- Bingo Dauber Printables to practice making upper and lowercase letters
- Just print and practice with these kindergarten alphabet worksheets
- Looking for convenient printable crafts? You will love these letter crafts!
- Super cute alphabet cards to trace with fingers, dry erase markers, or playdough
- Free Printable Days of the Week Worksheets are super handy for teaching the days of the week
- Find the Letter worksheets where children dab the letter to make snow in the snow globe
- Learn kindergarten colors with these free printable sorting mats!
- Alphabet Playdough Mats are a great, hands on alphabet activity
- Kids will love uncovering the zoo animals in these color by number worksheets
- Practice tracing letters with these alphabet worksheets for kindergarten a to z
- Sneak in some summer learning with these summer kindergarten worksheets
- Print this free traceable alphabet to help young learners work on fine motor skills
- Make learning your ABCs fun with these handprint alphabet ideas