Are you looking for a fun, simple spring math idea to help your kindergarten and first grade student practice their basic math skills? These colorful Spring Clip Cards are a fun way to work on spring addition while having fun with cute spring clipart. Simply print pdf file with spring worksheet for kindergarten and you are ready to play and learn with this spring activity for kindergarten.
I’m a huge fan of count and clip cards for preschool and kindergarten kids. You can come up with so many variations and younger children seem to really enjoy playing with them. I love that children can have fun learning basic math skills and at the same time work on their fine motor skills. How’s that for a win? These spring math printables include a set of count and clip cards with spring items like kites, flowers, frogs, cute yellow ducks, bluebird,s and more. This spring activity for kindergarten is super easy to prepare! They can also be used as a quiet game for early finishers! You can easily make this a cooperative activity. Just ask students to pair up and work together to find the correct answers. No matter how you use this kindergarten spring – kids will love this math activity for spring!
Spring math activities for kindergarten
Start by printing the pages you want to work on in color. I suggest laminating for durability. Then cut apart the cards and set them out with clothespins – you are ready for a fun, educational spring activity for kindergarten.
There are two sets of count and cards:
Spring Activity for Kindergarten
The first set contains basic count and clip cards. You know the drill. Children select a clip card and count the number of spring items on the card. They clip a clothespin on the correct number. Repeat until all the cards are clipped.
This is a great math activity for preschoolers and kindergarten age kids that focuses on counting to 10.
The second set has simple addition problems. Children select a clip card and solve the addition equation. They clip a clothespin to the correct answer. Repeat until all the cards are clipped.
This kindergarten math game is perfect for practice addition. For a great addition visual, set the cards out with the included number lines and manipulatives to assist children with their addition.
Teacher’s Tip: Help you students check their answer by marking the correct answer on the back of the card with a dot. They can turn the cards over and see if they clipped the clothespin to the right spot!
Spring worksheet for kindergarten
Place each into a container with some clothespins.
These cards are designed for independent play at the Kindergarten level. But, you can use both sets with your preschoolers. They will need more help from you. Show the cards and count the items together and decide which number to clip. You can use the addition set as well. We would recommend using manipulatives, such as blocks, to add the two numbers.
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- LOTS of fun and clever March Crafts for Kids
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Printable Easter Craft for Preschoolers
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Umbrella Letter Matching Activity
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Kindergarten Math for Spring
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!