Kids will have fun making these super cute DIY Maracas. Not only is this a fun musical instrument craft for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders, but a fun music activity for kids too! These DIY musical instruments for kids couldn’t be easier to make and they are loads of fun to play with and make music as well. Whether you are a parent or teacher, you will love making these homamde musical instruments!
Teaching music for kids starts with teaching kids to love and apprecaite music. One way to do that is lots of fun musical crafts for kids that allow kids to create and explore as they make sounds. Making DIY musicla instruments for kids allows you to start exploring how we can all play together and playing on the beat. Whether you use these DIY maracas to teach music or just to play as you sing your favorite song or nursery rhyme, these homemade musical instruments are sure to be extra fun for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
DIY Musical Instruments for Kids
All you need are a few simple materials to make these cute homemade maracas:
- plastic spoon (any color)
- plastic easter egg (any color)
- rice or beans
- washi tape in your favorite colors or patterns
Homemade Musical Instruments
The first step is to fill your easter egg with rice or beans so it makes the fun shake noise! Fill it and shake your egg to get the right amount of filling you want to hear.
DIY Instruments for Kids
Now put the egg on a plastic spoon. Cover the egg with another spoon with the well facing the egg.
Musical Instrument Crafts
Use pretty washi tape to attach the spoons to the eggs. That’s it! Super simple, yet fun and pretty maraca craft for preschoolers and kindergartners!
Now it’s time to make some music, play along to your favorite song, or learn about music fo rkids!
Here are some of our favorite books to explore music with kids!
Music for Kids
Looking for more fun and free printables and resources to teach kids music? Try these:
- FREE Music Theory Worksheets for kids to learn all about MUSIC
- Printable piano flashcards
- Paper Plate Tambourine Musical Instrument Craft
- DIY Water Xylophone Activity – Sound Science Experiment for Kids
- Super cute Piano practice sheets
- Musical Instruments Worksheets for kids to learn math and literacy skills while learning about instruments for kids
- Free Printable Music Flash cards
- Introduction to Music Theory for Kids printable book to read, color, and learn
- Free Music Notes Chart
- FUN Homemade Musical Instruments for kids
- Nature Noisemaker Music Activities for Preschoolers
- DIY Maracas Musical Instruments Crafts for Kids
- Create Music Instruments for Kids with these printable playdough mats!
Looking for more fun craft projects? Whether you want to make popsicle stick, paper plate, or handprint art projects – we’ve got so many fun ideas. We even have monthly crafts for kindergarten ready for you to quickly pick a project. Sneak in some fun math with our kindergarten math crafts. And of course, don’t miss our hugely popular printable alphabet crafts!
- Lots of Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- Super cute, free printable farm animal puppets
- Hundreds Paper Plate Crafts for Kids from A to Z
- Make one of these flower crafts
- These precious keepsake handprint alphabet craftshelp your child to learn the alphabet at the same time!
- Grab your craft sticks, you are going to want to make all of these cool popsicle stick crafts
- Make practicing math fun by making one of these FUN and FREE Math Crafts
- Brr! It may be cold outside, but stay warm in a winter wonderland with these snowflake crafts
- Get ready for the first day of school with these Back to School Crafts
- WE have tons of monthy kindergarten crafts
- Plus don’t miss these super cute and FREE abc crafts for lowercase letters