Kids will have fun making these super cute DIY Maracas. Not only is this a fun musical instrument craft for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders, but a fun music activity for kids too! These DIY musical instruments for kids couldn’t be easier to make and they are loads of fun to play with and make music as well. Whether you are a parent or teacher, you will love making these homamde musical instruments!
Teaching music for kids starts with teaching kids to love and apprecaite music. One way to do that is lots of fun musical crafts for kids that allow kids to create and explore as they make sounds. Making DIY musicla instruments for kids allows you to start exploring how we can all play together and playing on the beat. Whether you use these DIY maracas to teach music or just to play as you sing your favorite song or nursery rhyme, these homemade musical instruments are sure to be extra fun for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
DIY Musical Instruments for Kids
All you need are a few simple materials to make these cute homemade maracas:
- plastic spoon (any color)
- plastic easter egg (any color)
- rice or beans
- washi tape in your favorite colors or patterns
Homemade Musical Instruments
The first step is to fill your easter egg with rice or beans so it makes the fun shake noise! Fill it and shake your egg to get the right amount of filling you want to hear.
DIY Instruments for Kids
Now put the egg on a plastic spoon. Cover the egg with another spoon with the well facing the egg.
Musical Instrument Crafts
Use pretty washi tape to attach the spoons to the eggs. That’s it! Super simple, yet fun and pretty maraca craft for preschoolers and kindergartners!
Now it’s time to make some music, play along to your favorite song, or learn about music fo rkids!
Here are some of our favorite books to explore music with kids!
- FREE Music Theory Worksheets for kids , Introduction to Music Booklet to read, color, and learn, and reading music for kids worksheets
- Printable Music Flash cards and Free Music Notes Chart
- Super cute Piano practice sheets and free printable piano flash cards
- 40+ Music Crafts including musical instruments and activities, Learning Notes on the Staff Game with water balloons, Paper Plate Tambourine craft, spoon maracas craft, nature preschool music activities
- DIY Water xylophone
- Music color by number or Musical Instruments Worksheets pdf for kids to learn math and literacy skills
- Create music instruments with free printable playdough mats with this preschool music activity or try a whole music theme preschool
- Color Changing Flowers Plant Experiments or Pretty Density for Kids Experiment
- Dinosaur fossil activities for kids with free printables or EASY Grow celery in water experiment for kids
- How lungs work for kids with simple paper bag project or Cool Tomato Battery project
- Epic Watermelon Slime Recipe – super puffy! or You’ve got to try this simple Ketchup volcano
- Ice Cream volcano – the coolest summer experiments or Grow a Rainbow capillary action experiment
- Simple Water xylophone experiment or Delightful Slime Pumpkin Activities
- Skittle Turkey Activities learning about diffusion or Edible Three Types of Rocks Activities
- Pasta Animal Crafts for Kids or Free Printable Lowercase letter crafts
- Stunning Shaving Cream Fireworks craft project or Spring Delphinium Flower Crafts
- Match the color Kite activity with free printable template or Super soft playdough recipe
- Pretty DIY Maracas for kids, Outrageously fun Balloon Painting, or Free Wild Animal Finger Puppets Printable