Looking for a cute handprint craft? This handprint art makes the cutests v is for volcano project with your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. This v is for volcano craft uses your child’s hand to create a special keepsake project while they learn their ABCs. When they finish the letter v volcano craft, they can also get some practice letter tracing upper and lowercase letter V. Simply download pdf file with v is for volcano worksheet and you are ready to play and learn the alphabet!
V is for Volcano
This letter v volcano craft is great for kindergartners, preschoolers, toddlers, and grade 1 students as they work the through the alphabet learning their letters. This v for volcano art project uses some paint and simple supplies to make a volcano handprint. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this activity, we use yellow, orange, and red paint to make a “fiery” lava handprint. Next, we make the main part of the volcano using a paintbrush and some brown or black paint. Plus dont’ miss the other handprint art projects in our Alphabet Handprint Art Series . Don’t forget to print the free letter v printables to go along with it for more letter V practice.
V is for volcano worksheet
- Letter V Worksheets
- yellow, orange, and red paint
- black or brown paint
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our V is for volcano handprint, and we do the letter v worksheets while the volcano handprint is drying.
First, paint the palm with the fire/lava colors or yellow, orange, and red. We painted the base of the hand yellow, the middle orange, and the fingers red as shown above.
Now it’s time to make the V is for volcano handprint! Make a handprint near the top center of the page, with fingers pointing upwards. This will be the lava coming out from the top of the volcano.
V is for volcano craft
Use a paintbrush and brown or black paint to paint the main part of the volcano. Paint a curved line under the hand, and then make lines down to make the base, getting wider towards the bottom. Use the paintbrush to fill in with more paint.
letter v crafts
Let your V is for Volcano handart dry and then your craft is complete! While your volcano is drying, complete the second page of the Letter V worksheet for handwriting practice!
Looking for more letter v crafts – check out all these cute project ideas for kids!
More Cut Alphabet Handprint Crafts
- E is for Elephant
- B is for Bee
- Q is for Queen
- C is for Carrot
- A is for Apple
- R is for Rabbit
- S is for Spider
- U is for Umbrella
Looking for more fun craft projects? Try these:
- Lots of Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- Super cute, free printable farm animal puppets
- Hundreds Paper Plate Crafts for Kids from A to Z
- Make one of these flower crafts
- These precious keepsake handprint alphabet craftshelp your child to learn the alphabet at the same time!
- Grab your craft sticks, you are going to want to make all of these cool popsicle stick crafts
- Make practicing math fun by making one of these FUN and FREE Math Crafts
- Brr! It may be cold outside, but stay warm in a winter wonderland with these snowflake crafts
- Get ready for the first day of school with these Back to School Crafts
- WE have tons of monthy kindergarten crafts
- Plus don’t miss these super cute and FREE abc crafts for lowercase letters
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Letter v Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!