This stunningly beautiful delphinium craft is super pretty and such an easy flower craft for kids of all ages! This summer craft for kids helps kids recreate the tall, magestic, and pretty egg carton flowers in such a stunning, but simple flower craft for kids. Use this flowre art for kids with toddler preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too.
I just love all the HUGE variety of flowers that bloom during the spring and summer months! Apparently there are over 400,000 flowering species! Help your kids explore some of the most iconic, popular, and unique flowers – delphinium flowers! There are over 300 types of this gorgeous, tall perennial flower. This plant is usually in cool shades of blues and purple so when we went to recreate it with a pretty flower craft for kids we knew our delphinium craft had to be in blue or purple. We found creating them as egg carton flowers was so pretty and an easy flower craft for kids of all ages. So grab a couple simple materials and make these egg carton flowers preschool with toddlers preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1 grade 2, and grade 3 students.
Flower Craft for Kids
All you need to make these beautiful towering flowers that bloom in early summer and again in the late summer are the following simple materials:
- white paper – we like to use cardstock to hold the bigger materials we are attaching
- egg carton
- blue or purple paint and paint brush
- white curling ribbon
- green markers, crayons, colored pencils, or construction paper
Start the project by cutting the individual cups in an egg carton apart. Now paint them inside and out your preferred color. Most delphinium are shades of blue and purple. Make sure you cover your workspace to protect it from spills. Allow the paint to dry completely before you start making your kids flower craft.
Egg carton flowers preschool
Start by drawing a green stem in the middle of your paper. We went ahead a drew contrasting colored leaves at the bottonw at the same time. Again, you can make these out of construction paper to add more dimmention if you prefer.
Egg carton flowers
Now depending on what you want the inside to look like you will either glue first and then insert pompom or cotton ball or attach curling ribbon then glue. Either way you will glue the egg cups with the bowl up starting with a single cup at the top and then about 6 rows of 2 egg carton cups along the stem.
Simple egg carton flowers
I like to set them all down first to make sure I like the way it looks before making it permanent with glue. THis would also be a cute foxglove craft.
Egg Carton Flower Craft
Personally, I love the look of the curling ribbon as I think it looks the most authenic and fun. I like to make a hole with my scissor in the bottom of the egg carton cup before I glue it and send a couple 3-4+ white ribbons through and then tie a knot to hold them in place. Carefully use scissors to curl the edges. Now you can glue the cups down as described earlier.
Summer flower crafts
The other option is to glue a small white pom pom or cotton ball inside the egg cups. You pick the look you like best!
- Lacing Flower Craft
- Pasta in clay Flower Crafts
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for SpringFun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Pretty red poppy craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science
- White Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Looking for more fun kindergarten crafts? Try these:
- Lots of Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- Super cute, free printable farm animal puppets
- Hundreds Paper Plate Crafts for Kids from A to Z
- Make one of these 100 creative and beautiful flower craft preschool, my favorite is this delphinium egg carton flowers preschool
- Fun-to-make pasta animal crafts for kids or these 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
- These tin foil art projects are fun-to-make and so pretty!
- Intorduce kids to famous art with Piet Mondrian for kids or Monet art project for kids to study famous artists for kids
- Weaving fish craft with free printable fish template
- Super cute Andy Warhol Fathers Day art project for kids to make
- Use tissue paper to make this stunning Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft or this tissue Paper Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- These precious keepsake alphabet handprint art help your child to learn the alphabet at the same time!
- Grab your craft sticks, you are going to want to make all of these cool popsicle stick crafts
- Make practicing math fun by making one of these FUN and FREE Math Crafts
- Brr! It may be cold outside, but stay warm in a winter wonderland with these snowflake crafts
- Get ready for the first day of school with these Back to School Crafts
- WE have tons of monthy kindergarten crafts like the March crafts for kids pictured above
- During the summer try shavng cream fireworks, clever Balloon painting , or this puffy paint sun crafts for kids
- Plus don’t miss these super cute and FREE lowercase letter crafts
Looking for our most popular content? Here it is!
- Grab this alphabet coloring pages for some fun learning with prek/K
- Bingo Dauber Worksheets to practice making upper and lowercase letters
- Just print and practice with these free printable alphabet worksheets
- Looking for convenient FREE printable alphabet crafts? You will love these letter crafts!
- Super cute lower case letter tracing cards to use with fingers, dry erase markers, or playdough
- TONS of free printable sight word books pdf
- Dinosaur Color by Number Printable
- Free Printable Days of the Week Worksheets are super handy for teaching the days of the week
- Letter Find Snow Worksheets where children dab the letter to make snow in the snow globe
- Learn kindergarten colors with these free printable sorting mats!
- Fun I Spy Farm Animals Worksheet Pack
- Alphabet Playdough Mats are a great, hands on alphabet activity
- Crack the Code Worksheets
- Free Color Soring Printable Mats
- Kids will love uncovering the zoo animals in these color by number worksheets
- Practice tracing letters with these a to z worksheet for nursery
- Sneak in some summer learning with these summer kindergarten worksheets
- Print this traceable letters to help young learners work on fine motor skills
- Make learning your ABCs fun with these handprint alphabet ideas
Plus, don’t miss our other FREE kindergarten worksheets and games including THOUSANDS kindergarten worksheets FREE, learn your letters with our Kindergarten Alphabet worksheets, print kindergarten math worksheets or play a kindergarten math game, try an easy kindergarten science experiment, make a cute kindergarten craft, plan your week with our kindergarten themes, grab one of our many kindergarten social studies worksheets, learn to read with word family activities. plus lots of kindergarten sight words activities! We have everything you need for a complete kindergarten homeschool curriculum! Visit 123homeschool4me if you are looking for even more free worksheets or Preschool Play and Learn for preschool worksheets