As we started our q is for queen letter of the week we made a really cute q is for queen handprint you will want to try with your toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children. Plus you’ll want to grab these letter q worksheets to help children practice tracing upper and lowercase letter q. This queen handprint craft is a fun handprint crafts made from your child’s sweet hand.
Q is for queen
This craft uses some paint and simple supplies to make a q is for queen handprint. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this craft, you can make any skin-toned handprint for the queen’s face, with yellow or gold for the crown. After the paint dries we use a marker to make the eyes and mouth. It’s a simple and hands-on way to learn about the letter Q!
Letter q worksheets
- Letter “Q” is for Queen printable
- any skin-tone colored paint of your choice
- yellow or gold paint
- black marker, plus black or another color marker for hair
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
Q is for Queen
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our handprint, and we do the next page while the queen handprint is drying.
Q is for queen handprint
Start by painting the palm with skin-colored paint. This will be the queen’s face. Next, paint the fingers with yellow (or gold) paint. Make a line under the fingers for the base of the crown. Don’t put any paint on the thumb.
Now it’s time to make the handprint! Make the print in the center of the paper with fingers spread apart and pointing upward. Let the queen handprint dry completely before moving on.
hand print crafts
After the handprint is dry, it’s time to make the face. Use a black marker to draw eyes and a mouth. Next use a black marker, or another color of your choice, to draw some hair. Now your queen handprint is complete!
letter q worksheet
While your q is for queen is drying, complete the letter q worksheet for more letter Q practice!
Looking for more fun ideas for handart projects? Try these ideas:
- U is for Umbrella
- V is for Volcano
- T is for Tree
- G is for Grapes
- X is for Xray
- Z is for Zebra
- Y is for Yak
Looking for more fun craft projects? Try these:
- Lots of Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- Super cute, free printable farm animal puppets
- Hundreds Paper Plate Crafts for Kids from A to Z
- Make one of these flower crafts
- These precious keepsake handprint alphabet craftshelp your child to learn the alphabet at the same time!
- Grab your craft sticks, you are going to want to make all of these cool popsicle stick crafts
- Make practicing math fun by making one of these FUN and FREE Math Crafts
- Brr! It may be cold outside, but stay warm in a winter wonderland with these snowflake crafts
- Get ready for the first day of school with these Back to School Crafts
- WE have tons of monthy kindergarten crafts
- Plus don’t miss these super cute and FREE abc crafts for lowercase letters
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Download Letter Q Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!