Are you looking for a quick, easy, and FUN 4th of July Craft to celebrate this Independence Day? You are going to love this shaving cream art project! Make a super cool firework craft using shaving cream and food coloring. This shaving cream craft is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too. With the simple technique, you will not believe what beutiful craft for Fourth of July you can make!
Shaving Cream Art
Teach children about the 4th of July for Kids by reading some books about how the United States of America came to be a nation. Then talk about the rights and responsibilities of it’s citizens, and how we Americans show our patriotism. One of those sybols is firewords and the color of our flag – red, white, and blue. Make cool firework crafts with this fun-to-make red, blue and white craft! These patriotic crafts for kids are perfect for all ages from toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, or camp counselor looking for fun summer camp ideas – these shaving cream crafts are cheap and easy -to-make.
All you need to make this super cute independence day craft idea:
- white paper
- white shaving cream
- tempera paint (we used red and white to make it patriotic)
- popsicle stick or similar to smooth the shaving cream
- toothpicks or similar to make the firework design
- cookie sheet or craft tray
Shaving Cream Crafts
Start by spraying white shaving cream on a baking sheet or tray. Next smooth it out with a craft stick.
Put several drops of red, blue, and white tempera paint on the shaving cream.
Crafts for Fourth of July
Use toothpicks to make lines out out from the center o the paint so it looks like rays. So put the toothpick in the middle of a paint blog and draw it out; back to the middle and smear the paint out a different direction. Continue painting with the tootphick around each blob until their are rays out in all directions.
Repeat with each and every drop of paint. Overlapping makes it extra pretty. Not they are not all perfectly even or symetrical; neither are fireworks!
4th of July Craft
Make the color streaks overlap and intermingle colors.
When you are done creating your firework design, put paper on top and let sit for 30 seconds so the paper absorbs the color.
Patriotic Crafts for Kids
Pull off the paper and wipe off any remaining shaving cream.
Allow your art project to dry completely before haning up your 4th of July arts and craft or gifting it to Grandma and Grandpa.
Summer crafts for preschoolers
While we did ours for the fourth of July and focused on red, whtie and blue projects – we couldn’t resist making some pretty, multi-colored fireworks too.
This makes such a pretty summer firework craft for kids!
th of July Printables
Looking for more fun and FREE fourth of July printables? You will love these:
- Kids will have practicing number recognition while revealing patriotic hidden images in these FREE 4th of July Color by Number Worksheet
- The whole family will have fun playing this free printable 4th of July Bingo Game
- Super cute, free 4th of July Hat Craft
- Fourth of July I Spy – super cute 4th of July Worksheets
- Free 4th of July Worksheets for Preschool kids
- Learn more about the good old USA with these American Symbols Worksheets
- American Symbols for Kids themed worksheets
- Read, Color, and Learn about American Symbols for Kids
- Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Have fun grilling with these 4th of July Activity counting with playdough mats
- Practice CVC Words with this fun, educational 4th of July Activity
- Color by Hundreds Chart 4th of July Worksheets
- Subtraction 4th of July Math Worksheets
4th of July Activities
- 100 FUN 4th of July Crafts & Activities for Kids
- Try this easy Fireworks 4th of July Craft
- Easy “Bursting” Stars 4th of July Science Experiments
- Bleeding Tissue Paper 4th of July Crafts
- Print off these FREE 4th of July Coloring Pages to help kids learn about common patriotic symbols.
- Try this EASY Red, White and Blue 4th of July Science Experiment!
- Fireworks in a Jar – 4th of July Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Magic Milk 4th of July Science Experiments
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket 4th of July Science Experiment for Kids
4th of July Crafts
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- Firework 4th of July Crafts for Preschoolers
- 4th of July Firework Crafts with shaving cream
- Bomb Pop Fourth of July Craft
- Founding Father George Washington Craft
- 4th of July Fireworks Craft with bleeding tissue paper
- EPIC Red White and Blue Slime
- Simple 4th of July Fireworks Crafts painted with TP roll
- Over 100 4th of July Activities and Crafts for Kids of all ages!
- Fireworks 4th of July Crafts for kids with free printable templates
- Tic-Tac-Toe on the GO or sneak in some history with this Declaration of Independence for Kids