Looking for a cute, cheerful sun craft to make this summer? These sun craft ideas are a great way to celebrate the warm sun that makes summer days so cheery while having fun making a craft that strengthen hands and motor skills too. Try one of these sun arts and crafts with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade and 3rd graders. You will love that this summer craft for preschoolers uses cute hole punches for a unique depth and puffy paint for a bold look.
Nothing says summer like the sun! These cute sun crafts for kids are a great way to welcome June on the first day of summer or as a fun summer crafts for preschoolers to try on your summer bucket list. You will love how unique this sun craft ideas are to make a fun project that is unique to your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grdae 3 student. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this sun craft kindergarten is sure to be a huge hit!
Sun Crafts for Kids
Start by gathering a couple simple supplies:
- cardstock (any color)
- paint watch cards (like behr paint from home depot with shades of yellow / orange)
- 8 oz white glue
- 8oz white shaving cream
- several drops of yellow food coloring
- ziplock sandwich bag
- glitter (optional)
Sun Arts and Crafts
Draw a circle with a pencil in the middle of your piece of cardstock. It should take up about 1/3 of the space when holding the page horizontally.
Sun Craft Ideas
Use a hole punch and punch through the paint swatches to get lots of yellow, orange, red circles.
Now fill the circle with glue. Begin putting the colorful circles on the glue in the circle.
Sun craft kindergarten
Continue filling the glue covered circle until you fill all the empty space. Alterante colors to have a really pretty sun with lots of dimmention in warm, sunny colors.
Sun Puffy Paint
Now whip up your cheerful, sun puffy paint recipe by mixing equal parts of white school glue and white shavig cream. Add in yellow food coloring and glitter if you like until you get the depth of color you are looking for.
Homemade Puffy Paint
Spoon homemade puffy paint into a ziplock bag and seal. Cutt the corner off so you can pipe the puffy paint recipe onto your sun.
Puffy Paint Project
Start by piping the yellow puffy paint around the pretty dotted circle. It goes on so nice and puffy, thick with just a little shimmer.
Sun crafts for preschoolers
Now go aroudn the circle and make rays or lines out of the circle with the lines thinking towards the edge of the paper and stop.
Make the sun with as many or as few rays as you like. You can even tweak the color of the rays so they alter between yellow and slight warmer orange yellow color.
Summer craft for preschoolers
If you like you can sprinkle the sun rays with additional glitter and use black puffy paint to add on a happy face to your sun.
This beautiful puffy paint project is such a fun celebration of summer and a unique 3-dimmensional sun craft for kids.
Looking for more fun kids activities and other ideas to keep kids engaged, learning, and having fun? Check out these:
- EASY Pool Noodle Race Track for Kids
- Rainbow Eruptions – Preschool Summer Activity
- Baking Soda Clay
- Cute Suncatcher Sun Craft for Preschoolers
- Amazing Baking Soda Slime
- 30 Homemade Bird Feeders to make
- EPIC Water Balloon Painting Activities
- Fun-to-Make DIY Foosball Table – Stem Project for kids
- Simple Popsicle Stick Catapult project for kids
- 100+ Zoo Animal Crafts
- Summer STEM Ice Boat Races
- Easy Marshmallow Shooter
- Heat Sensitivie Color Changing Slime Recipe
- 100 Exciting Year-Round Science Experiments for Kids
- Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Summer fun
- Outrageously fun Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
Things to Do with Kids
- Edible Peanut Butter Playdough
- Shape Recognition Activity for Kids
- Rainbow Painting with Cars
- Grass Head Summer Activity for Kids
- Printable Lego Activities for Kids
- Silly Bouncy Egg
- Mentos and Soda Experiment
- Easy Sand Volcano with NO clean-up
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime
- Strawberry Scented Jello Playdough Recipe
- Snake Bubbles
- Beautiful Capillary Action Experiment
- Puffy Paint Recipes and Projects for Kids
- Kool Aid Watermelon Playdough
- LOTS of Fun Sidewalk Chalk Games
- 75+ Free Printable Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Ice Cream Volcano Summer Activity for Kindergartners
- Outrageously Fun Balloon Painting
- Paper Plate Weaving Fish Craft with Printable Template
- Simple Blooming Flowers Capillary Action Experiment
- Puffy Paint Ice Cream Craft
- Butterfly Pasta Craft
- Delphinium Flower Craft for Kids
- Washi Tape Ice Cream Craft
- Easy Flower Science Experiment
- Summer Experiment building a Beach Density Tower
- How do Lungs work? Simple Human Body Project for Kids
- Argentina Coloring Pages
- Puffy Watermelon Slime
- 4th of July Shaving Cream Fireworks