Help students practice matching upper and lowercase letters with these fun, summer themed Sandcastle Letter Matching. These free abc printables are a great way to help preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade children work on literacy skills.
Children will love these summer themed, letter matching activity! This alphabet puzzles printable is a fun way to reinforce and practice matching alphabet letters. These puzzle cards will have kids identifying the letters and finding their identical match or lower to uppercase match. The puzzles are very simple to print and prepare, perfect for independent practice and morning tubs with preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, this summer themed literacy activity is sure to keep kids engaged and learning throughout June, July, and August. I just love educational activities that are fun!
Printable Alphabet Puzzles
Print two sets of these puzzles and laminate them for durability. There is one version of these puzzles; upper to lowercase match. Print any set you wish according to the needs of your group of students. Cut out the puzzles and make sure each set is separated for easy play.
Use these puzzles to help kids develop letter identification skills and strengthen their letter knowledge. Kids need to master their letter sounds and identification as it is a critical component to prepare them for reading. Introduce the puzzle cards and show the kids how to find a puzzle card and look for its match. You could possibly have your pre-schoolers work on identical letter to letter matching skills and the kindergarteners to work on upper to lowercase matching skills. A great way to work on these puzzles is to create a competition where the kids have to find and match a certain number of puzzle cards to win the game. This game is simple enough for preschool kids aged 3 and over and well as for kindergarten kids!
This game can also be played as a group, It’ll be even more enjoyable to have the competition game played between groups. If it’s a group of kids working on a set of puzzles, you can either choose a number of letters to work on or the whole set.
Math for Kindergartners
Looking for summer math for kindergartners? You will love these fun, free resources:
- Summer Math Worksheets (counting)
- Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Summer Kindergarten Worksheets (black & white)
- Count to 10 Ice Cream Math Craft
- Bubble Math Worksheets
- Sandcastle Subtraction Math Craft
- Summer Count, Trace, & Clip
- Fishing Number Bonds Math Craft
- Sundae Skip Counting
- Hotdogs Number Words Activity
- Crack the Code Math Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!