These free printable spring readers are just right for young learners! Help kindergartners build fluency and practice writing with this spring emergent reader books using sight words I, can, a.
Have you noticed that young children love little books? They particularly like those books they create or put together. I’m not sure what it is about them. Perhaps it is the size or the fact that they had a hand in making them. With this in mind, we have created a sweet printable emergent reader about Spring.
What is An Emergent Reader?
An emergent reader is a student that is starting to read. They know and recognize some letters of the alphabet. They are in the early stages of learning sound/symbol relationships. Can sound out CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words and recognize a few sight words. They tend to rely on contextual clues and pictures to understand the text.
Free Printable Kindergarten Level Books
- Pictures that support the text
- Repetitive patterns
- Controlled, repeated vocabulary
- Contains familiar object
- Uses large print
- Has limited text on a page
Printable Books for Kindergarten
Printable emergent readers are a wonderful tool to use with young learners. Kids love making and reading them .They hit a lot of the common core reading standards including
- Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
- Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
- Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
- Read common high-frequency words by sight
- Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this easy reader is a good choice for springtime. It provides the opportunity to practice the high frequency words ‘I’, ‘see’, and ‘a’.
The book has 4 pages with a predictable sentence and simple picture cues. There are also pages with the start of the sentence for students to complete and illustrate. The simple sentence pattern makes it perfect for child starting to read. I like that it provides opportunities for both reading and writing.
We given you a choice of covers. A colored version or black and white
Spring Emergent Reader Free
You will also need scissors to cut each page in half (the printable makes two books) , stack the pages with the cover on top, and a stapler to attach the pages along the left-hand side to make a book.
Spring Emergent Reader
Before using this spring themed printable books, I would start by reading a book about Spring. Try this one
- As a class brainstorm all the things you can see in springtime.
- Print the words on your word wall.
- Take a quick walk through the printable book with the children. You can read it together.
- Invite students to color each page and complete the blank pages.
The pictures are very minimal, so children can add other details to the pages if they wish. Can you add a ladybug flying around the flower? A bird playing in the puddle? Some flowers for the butterfly to visit?
Provide some time for students to show off their books to the rest of the class. Children can take their books home for extra reading practice.
Emergent Reader Books
Looking for more free printable early readers? You will love these resources:
- Thanksgiving Emergent Reader
- Fall Shapes Emergent Reader
- Pet Shop Count to 20 Emergent Reader
- Count to 10 Zoo Animals Emergent Reader
- Short i words Emergent Reader
- Color the Shapes Emergent Reader
- Princess Reader Books
- Counting Snowman Emergent Reader
- Compound Words Emergent Reader
- Kindergarten Sight Words Emergent Reader
- Springtime Sight Words Reader
- FREE Spring Showers Letter Matching
- Spring Clip Cards
- Spring Letter Reversal Worksheets
- Spring Carrot Shape Mats
- Free Spring Worksheets
- Flower Teen Number Sums
- Playdough Counting Mats (for Spring)
- First Signs of Spring Chart
- Spring Flower Sight Word Mazes
If you have a kindergarten or teach kindergartners, you don’t want to miss all our fun and FREE theme worksheets, free alphabet printables, kindergarten math, kindergarten science, kindergarten phonics, kindergarten crafts, and kindergarten themes!
Free Spring Emergent Reader
Before you download your Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.