This free, no-prep Constellation Drawing Activity is a great way for children in pre-k, kindegarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students to learn about 28 different constellations that can be found in the night sky. Whether you live in the Northern or the Southern Hemisphere, these handy constellation worksheet pages are a great resource. Simply print free constellation printables pdf file and you are ready to play and learn about constellations for kids in our solar sytem!
Use these free, constellation worksheets to practice and improve fine motor skills while learning about constellations. Fine motor skills are important skills that they will need later in life. These simple, yet thorough constellation printables are a wonderful tool for young children to help improve their handwriting skills also, which research has proven also helps with their reading and spelling skills. Use this constellation activity for kids including preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this constellation activity for kids!
Free constellation printables pdf
drawing constellations worksheet
In this pack there is one page for 28 different, though well-known constellations. All pages are in black and white, which not only helps with printing, but also gives children the opportunity to express themselves as they decorate the image on each of the pages.
At the bottom of the post you will find the pdf file. Print off all the pages. This no-prep file will immediately be ready to use.
constellations printable pdf
- On each page, there is a large constellation. The name of the constellation is written at the bottom of the page. Children can use a marker, crayon or pencil to trace the name of the constellation.
- Then they can draw the constellation by joining the black dots. There is a light gray line to help children draw the constellation.
constellation activity sheets
- Children can then use star stickers – glow in the dark ones would be amazing – placing one star sticker on top of each of the black dots.
- Children can then use these pages to further study different constellations or refer to them as they look for the constellation in the night sky.
Grab one of our fun Constellations Printables or try one of these fun constellations activities for kids. THey are a great addition to your solar system study or just to sneak in some fun astronomy for kids into your school day!
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun, hands on activity for kids of all ages
- Free Printable Constellation Flashcards – I love that this set includes pictures for what shape the constellations make to help it be memorable with young learners
- Constellation Printable Book, Constellation Cards,and Space Cards
- Create this fun Constellations Printable wheel to spin and learn about even more star formations
- Learn shapes with this fun Flashlight Constellations
- Constellations Printable Mini Book
- Fun-to-make Cootie Catcher Constellation Printable
Fun Science Experiments
- 30 Simple Machines for Kids Experiments
- Launch this experiment and record your findings with this Coke and mentos experiment worksheet
- Lots of FUN Solar System Project Ideas for kids
- Printable Solar System Worksheets (free) or planet worksheets for kindergarten
- Grab these free printable solar system coloring pages
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable body parts
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments – arranged by type of science
- Free Printable Human Body for Kids Playdough Mats
- Leak proof bag fun science experiments
- Older students can dive deeper with these free skeletal system worksheet pages
- Amazing Why do leaves change color experiment
- Learn about seasons with this cool free 4 seasons printables
- Animals and their Babies matching puzzles
- Take a closer look at animals with this free printable animal report for for kids
Science Exeriments for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- Weather Unit for prek-3rd graders filled with experiments, activities and weather worksheets
- Make it rain and write your observations in these cloud in a jar experiment worksheet
- Learn about our moon with these activities and moon worksheets for 1st grade
- Free Water Cycle Worksheets for kids
- Discover a world of geology with these rock worksheets for kids
- Free printable states of matter activity with clip cards
- Discover what lies below the surface with these free Layers of Earth Worksheets
- Make playdough earth layers with this super cool geology experiment for kids
- LOTS of year-round Science Experiments for Kids
- Kids will love this outrageously fun pipe clean constellations activity
- This look inside a volcano experiment for kids takes learning to a whole new level
- Chromatography Butterflies project for kids
- Learn about the kingdom Animalia with over 20 Zoo Scavenger Hunt free printables
- Harness the power of fruit with this simple Lemon Clock for kids
- Easy Bernoulli’s principle experiment at home
- Amaze kids with this simple burning candle experiment with free worksheets
Easy Science Experiments
- Gross and so cool Digestive System Project for kids of all ages
- Amazing Rainbow in a Jar Experiment for Kids
- Epic Baking Soda and Vinegar Rocket Experiment
- Cool Milk and Vinegar Expeirment making plastic!
- Learn about your amazing brain with this activity and brain worksheets
- How do hands work project for kids
- Super cool and easy-to-make, working lego balloon car
- Plants for kids lesson
- Explore magnets with these EPIC magnet experiments for kids
- Popsicle Stick Catapult for kids – simple STEM project
- Simple light bulb experiment (it actually lights up!)
- Easy-to-make balloon hoovercraft
- Bouncy Eggs and eggs in vinegar experiment worksheet
- Learn about density for kids with these simple balloon solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities
- Create your own super simple bot
- Beautiful, color changing capillary action experiment with flowers
- WOW your kids with how to make a Newton’s cradle project
- Heat-sensitive, Color Changing Slime is SO COOL!
free printable constellation worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!