Create a stunning leaf craft with this fun watercolor salt painting project for Autumn! In this fun fall leaf art you will use a variety of common art materials to make multi-colored, dimmentional easy fall crafts. This leaf art for kindergarten, preschool, pre-k, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders is a great way to bring all the lovely colors inside! Simply print the leaf template and you are ready to make a gorgeous fall leaf art!
Watercolor salt painting
Water color paint may seem basic, but you can create some truly stunning art projects using this cheap and simple art medium. In this watercolor salt painting you will use it to create stunning leaf crafts in brillant red, orange, yellow, and more! This fall leaf crafts for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 studnets is perfect for at home or in the classroom as it is an easy fall craft. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will want to try this pretty fall leaves craft. So set aside some time to make this autumn leaves craft.
This leaf craft ideas requires only a couple simple materials you probably already have on hand:
- Print the free leaf printable template
- liquid school glue
- watercolor paint in red, yellow, orange, etc.
Leaf art for kindergarten
Use liquid school glue to trace the black lines of each leaf – outline the leaf and trace the veins and stem.
Easy Fall Crafts
Now sprinkle salt over the entire project. After a couple seconds, hold up the paper over a garbage can to remove any loose salt that hasn’t bonded to the glue.
Fall Leaf Art
Get your paintbrush wet and dip in watercolor paint. Now gently, barely touch the salt to let the watercolor diffuse onto the salt.
Leaf Craft Ideas
Continue adding fall colors to the salt slowly and carefully until you’ve colored all the salt on your page.
Fall leaf crafts for preschoolers
Now use markers like Mr Sketch markers to add color to the white places in the laves to add depth and dimmention to the pretty fall leaves.
HINT: When we do this project again, I would start with adding color so your markers don’t get salt on them and you can more freely apply the color.
Fall Leaves Craft
Continue coloring all the leaves until they are filled with color. Aren’t they just so cheery! Everyone’s project will be different and unique – I love that!
Autumn Leaves Craft
This step is optional, but to make each piece dramatic leaf art, you can cut out the leaves and paste them onto a black piece of cardstock or construction paper.
Isn’t that so pretty? I love that this simple and easy-to-make fall craft produces such stunning, dramatic effects! Kids of all ages will beg to try this fall art project!
Leaf Crafts for Kids
Looking for more fun fall craft projects? Check out these fun ideas:
- Autumn Watercolor Salt Painting Leaf Craft
- Crayon Resist Fall Leaf Art
- EASY Fall Leaf Crafts for Preschoolers
- Stunning Suncatcher Fall Leaves Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Lots of Fall Crafts for kids of all ages
Fall Crafts for Kids
- Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Printable Hat Fall Craft for Preschool
- Wreath Fall Craft with free printable leaves template
- Fall Leaf Printing Activity for kids with markers
- Cute Cereal Fall Tree Craft for Kids
- Styrofoam Peanut Fall Tree Craft
- 100+ Fall Crafts for Kids
- Kadinsky Inspired Fall Leaf Art Project
- FREE Fall Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Scarecrow Worksheets Pack with 50+ pages of math and literacy skills
- Fall Sequencing Cards and Sequencing Worksheets
- Learning Colors Printable Fall Games
- Letter Matching Leaf Printable Activity
- Fall Worksheets Pack with 50+ pages of math and literacy skills
- Fall Theme or Fall Theme Preschool
- Cute Fall Playdough Mats
- Fall Do a Dot Printables
- Color Word Fall Worksheets
- Fall Books for Preschoolers,these fall picture books, or these fall books for kids
- Simple Fall Coloring Pages
Fall Activities for Kindergarten
- Alphabet Fall Printable
- Scarecrow Short O Words Printable
- Fall Sight Words Game
- Nonsense Words Fall Activities for Kindergarten
- Color by Letter Fall Worksheets
- Squirrel Fall Worksheets for kids
- Cute Fall Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Nature Fall Scavenger Hunt or this Fall Leaf Scavenger Hunt
- Beginning Blends Fall Activity
- Syllable Clip Cards Fall Activity for Kindergarten
- Free Fall Writing Prompts
- Leaf Alphabet Letters Matching Activity
- Color Words Fall Emergent Reader
- Fall Science ideas for kids
- Counting Fall Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Fall Playdough Mats – Counting Leaves
- Skip Counting Fall Math Worksheets
- My Fall Counting Book – Fall Activity for Kindergarten
- Fall Nubmer Words Donut Worksheets
- Fall Counting Book for Pre-K
- Acorn Counting Game
- Count and Clip Fall Math Activities for Preschoolers (or this pumpkin set)
- Fall Math Counting Crows Activity
- Addition Fall Worksheets with Stickers (sticker alphabet fall worksheets or number recognition fall worksheets or color recognition fall worksheets)
- Fall Activities sorting pretty leaves by shape
- Printable Fall Number Game for Preschoolers
- Fall Color by Number
- Number Tracing Fall Worksheets
Pumpkin Activities for Kids
- Phonics Printable Pumpkin Activities
- Pumpkin Activities Printable Shape Matching Game
- Parts of a Pumpkin Craft
- Pumpkin kindergarten sight word games online
- Number Bonds Pumpkin Math
- Pumpkin Matching Game
- October Crafts for Kids
- Counting Free Pumpkin Activity Printables
- Candy Count and Trace Pumpkin Activities
- Pumpkin Printables Counting Mats
- Learning Shapes Pumpkin Playdough Mats
- Shape Game – Pumpkin Activities for Preschoolers
- Counting Spider Activities
- Pumpkin Traceable Letters
- Letter Find Pumpkin Worksheets
Apple Activities for Kids
- Find the Letter Apple Worksheets
- Number Apple Coloring Pages
- Apple Sight Words Tree
- Apple Browning Experiment with FREE Oxidation Worksheet
- Stunning, Easy Apple Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Fun Paper Plate Apple Craft for kids
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Skittles Apple Science Experiment for Kids
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- Yellow Fluffy Apple SLime
- Scented Apple Playdough Recipe
Leaf Template Printable
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.