Autumn is my favorite time of the year! I love the stunning red, yellow, and orange leaves that hang from branches and carpet the ground. Help kids create a work of art with this fun fall leaf art project that uses a simple crayon resist with watercolor paint technique. This beautiful fall leaves craft is an easy fall crafts with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too. So grab some leaves, white crayon, water color paint and start making this lovely leaf craft.
Fall Leaf Art
Looking for fun-to-make leaf craft ideas? These super pretty fall leaf crafts for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students are exactly the fall craft for kids you were looking for. Make stunning autumn leaves craft creating red, orange, yellow, green, and multi-colored leaves to brighten your windows, doors, shelves, and home this September, October, and November. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will want to try these fall leaf art where you will create one-of-a-kind leaf craft to celebrate fall!
Leaf Craft Ideas
All you need to make this stunning leaf craft are a few simple materials you probably already have on hand:
- leaves (various colors, shapes, sizes)
- white paper
- black constution paper
- white wax crayon
- water color paint
- glue or tape
Start by putting a leaf (vein side up) under your sheet of white paper.
Fall leaf crafts for preschoolers
Push down hard and trace the endge of the leaf with your white crayon. Then rub over the middle of the leaf to get the vein markings. Repeat with other leaves if you like in different spots. If they overlap some, that’s okay – it will just look like a pile of pretty colorful leaves.
For younger children, an alternative would be to draw leaves in white crayon without actually needing to do a rubbing!
HINT: You will barely be able to tell where you marked your leaf, that’s okay. That is part of the magical fun part of this crayon resiste craft!
Fall Leaves Craft
Use watercolor paint and your paintbrush to add color to the area of each leaf individually first. Think fall colors like shades of yellow, orange, red, brown, and green.
Autumn Leaves Craft
Paint over the entire page with water colors to show how leaves usually have tones of other colors in them. Let the page dry.
At this oint you can be done and have this pretty colorful paper as your project. Add a piece of black construction paper to the back to make it pop if you like.
Leaf Projects for Preschoolers
Now carefully cut out each leaf just past the white crayon tracing. You can glue or tape them on black construction paper. How pretty did these orange and red leaves turn out!?!
Once again, you can leave this as the part proeject as option 2. I love how the leaves really POP with the dramatic dark background.
Easy Fall Crafts
We once again cut out our leaves, but this time they each had a pretty black border that made them pop individually. The repeated cutitng is great for helping young kids who are working on scissor skills and building fine motor skills.
HINT: If they cut off the end of the leaf, remind them that most leaves they see are missing a corner or edge and that is normal.
Fall crafts for preschoolers
Aren’t these colorful leaves so pretty!
Leaf craft for kindergarten
Now hang the leaves on your window as a pretty decoration, on a shelf, decorating doors, bulletin boards, etc. This is truly such a pretty and fun autumn art project for kids of all ages!
Leaf Crafts for Kids
Looking for more fun fall craft projects? Check out these fun ideas:
- Autumn Watercolor Salt Painting Leaf Craft
- Crayon Resist Fall Leaf Art
- EASY Fall Leaf Crafts for Preschoolers
- Stunning Suncatcher Fall Leaves Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Lots of Fall Crafts for kids of all ages
Fall Crafts for Kids
- Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Printable Hat Fall Craft for Preschool
- Wreath Fall Craft with free printable leaves template
- Fall Leaf Printing Activity for kids with markers
- Cute Cereal Fall Tree Craft for Kids
- Styrofoam Peanut Fall Tree Craft
- 100+ Fall Crafts for Kids
- Kadinsky Inspired Fall Leaf Art Project
- FREE Fall Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Scarecrow Worksheets Pack with 50+ pages of math and literacy skills
- Fall Sequencing Cards and Sequencing Worksheets
- Learning Colors Printable Fall Games
- Letter Matching Leaf Printable Activity
- Fall Worksheets Pack with 50+ pages of math and literacy skills
- Fall Theme or Fall Theme Preschool
- Cute Fall Playdough Mats
- Fall Do a Dot Printables
- Color Word Fall Worksheets
- Fall Books for Preschoolers,these fall picture books, or these fall books for kids
- Simple Fall Coloring Pages
Fall Activities for Kindergarten
- Alphabet Fall Printable
- Scarecrow Short O Words Printable
- Fall Sight Words Game
- Nonsense Words Fall Activities for Kindergarten
- Color by Letter Fall Worksheets
- Squirrel Fall Worksheets for kids
- Cute Fall Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Nature Fall Scavenger Hunt or this Fall Leaf Scavenger Hunt
- Beginning Blends Fall Activity
- Syllable Clip Cards Fall Activity for Kindergarten
- Free Fall Writing Prompts
- Leaf Alphabet Letters Matching Activity
- Color Words Fall Emergent Reader
- Fall Science ideas for kids
- Counting Fall Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Fall Playdough Mats – Counting Leaves
- Skip Counting Fall Math Worksheets
- My Fall Counting Book – Fall Activity for Kindergarten
- Fall Nubmer Words Donut Worksheets
- Fall Counting Book for Pre-K
- Acorn Counting Game
- Count and Clip Fall Math Activities for Preschoolers (or this pumpkin set)
- Fall Math Counting Crows Activity
- Addition Fall Worksheets with Stickers (sticker alphabet fall worksheets or number recognition fall worksheets or color recognition fall worksheets)
- Fall Activities sorting pretty leaves by shape
- Printable Fall Number Game for Preschoolers
- Fall Color by Number
- Number Tracing Fall Worksheets
Pumpkin Activities for Kids
- Phonics Printable Pumpkin Activities
- Pumpkin Activities Printable Shape Matching Game
- Parts of a Pumpkin Craft
- Pumpkin kindergarten sight word games online
- Number Bonds Pumpkin Math
- Pumpkin Matching Game
- October Crafts for Kids
- Counting Free Pumpkin Activity Printables
- Candy Count and Trace Pumpkin Activities
- Pumpkin Printables Counting Mats
- Learning Shapes Pumpkin Playdough Mats
- Shape Game – Pumpkin Activities for Preschoolers
- Counting Spider Activities
- Pumpkin Traceable Letters
- Letter Find Pumpkin Worksheets
Apple Activities for Kids
- Find the Letter Apple Worksheets
- Number Apple Coloring Pages
- Apple Sight Words Tree
- Apple Browning Experiment with FREE Oxidation Worksheet
- Stunning, Easy Apple Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Fun Paper Plate Apple Craft for kids
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Skittles Apple Science Experiment for Kids
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- Yellow Fluffy Apple SLime
- Scented Apple Playdough Recipe