Make learning ABCs fun with these pumpkin pie themed, free Printable Phonics games perfect for sneaking in some pumpkin phonics in October and November. This abc printable is such a fun alphabet activity to work on phonemic awareness and listening for beginning sounds in words. This super cute activity is perfect for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
Printable Phonics games
Nothing says fall like pumpkins. These big, cheery orange fruits are a common site to decorate our homes for Autumn, we like to carve them into silly Jack o Lanterns in the month of October, and a common ingredient in family favorite dishes for Thanksgiving in the month of November. We like to make learning fun so I decided to run with the pumpkin theme and create these adorable pumpkin phonics activity to keep kids engage and learning. This Printable Phonics Games is ideal for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students.
Whether you are a parent looking to sneak in some extra practice as you school at home, a teacher making lesson plans for a literacy center in your classroom, or a homeschooler adding educational activities to your phonics curriculum – you will love these super cute phonics puzzles.
Halloween phonics games
This alphabet printable is perfect for learning letters and their sounds in November with preschoolers and kindergartners. It is ideal for a thanksgiving theme. Simply print the alphabet pumpkin pies on cardstock or laminate for durability. This makes a great literacy center so I like to laminate the activity to make it reusable.
Printable phonics games
Then cut the pumpkin pie circles out. Next, cut apart the phonics puzzles into 4 slices with a picture or letter on each. This alphabet puzzle game is great for fall! Students will put together the pumpkin pies by matching the letter slice with three other picture slices of things with the same beginning sound.
Phonics Games for Kindergarten
Finished puzzles will have four slices and reflect an alphabet letter and three items that starts with that same letter. In case their are items kindergarten age kids don’t have vocabulary for yet, the names are printed on each slice. This fun, hands on learning activity is sure to be a hit with your kids!
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
Beginning Sounds ActivitiesIf you are looking for more initial sound activities, you will love these free printable ideas:
- Super cute, Free Phonics Beginning Sounds Worksheets using Do a Dot Markers
- Adorable Penguin Beginning Sounds Match
- Phonics Buses Beginning Sounds Match
- Clever Letter Sound Matching Game
- Fun Fish Phonics Activities Kindergarten
- Hands-on Beginning Sound Clip Cards
- Pumpkin Phonics Games for Kindergarten
- Ice Cream Beginning Sounds Activity
- Cute Easter Phonics Puzzles
- Printable Kite Phonics Craft
- Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets (write missing letter and cut and paste)
- Clip Cards for working on Initial Sounds Activities
- Free Beginning Sounds Game with magnetic letters
- Construction Beginning Sounds Match
- Snowman Beginning Sounds Coloring Pages
- Hands-on Snowman Beginning Sounds for Preschoolers
- Beginning Sounds Animals Cards
- Apple Beginning Sounds Printable
Pumpkin Pie Alphabet Puzzles
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
I love your activities and worksheets. Just a question, do you have any way of editting some of your letter activities to show lower case letters rather than capital letters. I wanted to work with the pumpkin pie puzzle for beginning sounds but I only introduce lower case letters first.