Make practicing sight words fun with this super cute, free printable pumpkin sight words game for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students. This free sight words game will help improve reading fluency with a pumpkin themed sight words activity perfect for fall in October.
Pumpkin Sight Words
If you are looking for a fun, engaging way for preschooler, kindergartners, and grade 1 students to practice key dolch sight words, you will love this free fall game! Simply print the Pumpkin Sight Words in the board game template found in the printable pdf file and you are ready for a fun time reading and playing.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this printable sight words game! Use this pumpkin printable at your literacy center in your classroom, as you make learning fun with school at home, or as extra practice and a supplement to your homeschool reading program.
Pumpkin sight word game
Kindergarten Sight Words Games
There are three different sight word game boards that you can use to practice primer sight words. Print the sight word game you wish to work on in color. You will also need to print the pumpkin spinner, cut it out, and attach the leaf spinner with a brad.
Students will place a game piece (like a lego minifigure) on start. Spin the spinner and more around the gameboard reading the words one ever pumpkin students pass. Players take turns until players have reached the end of the gameboard. There are 3 unique gameboards to play.
Sight words kindergarten worksheets
We like to use the gameboards along with these black and white sight word coloring pages, although the coloring pages can work on their own as site word worksheets for Autumn.
- To use the sight word worksheets on their own and have students color the pumpkins as they read the sight words aloud.
- Play the game and color the pumpkin sight words in the pumpkin patch (sight word worksheet) that you land on in the gameboard.
Sight Words Game
When you are finished playing the free sight words game you will have a colorful sight word pumpkin patch filled with kindergarten sight words and your student has practice reading. Not only is this a fun educational game for the fall, but these kindergarten sight words worksheets are great for achieving reading fluency and strengthening fine motor skills coloring too.
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
Kindergarten Sight Words
Looking for more fun, engaging and free kindergarten sight word activities, games, and worksheets? Check these resources out:
- Farm Printable Sight Word Games
- Pumpkin Sight Words Game
- Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Printable Sight Words List
- Free Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Summer Mazes – Sight Word Worksheets
- Read! Trace! Write! – building sentences with sight words
- Rapunzel Sight Word Coloring Pages
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game
- Sight Word Groundhog Day worksheets
- Free printable sight word books
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Thanksgiving sight word coloring pages
- Train Sightwordsgame
- Popcorn sight words printables
- Apple Sight Words Tree Activity
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Color by Sight Word Spring Reader
- Easter Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Peacock Kindergarten Sight Words Activity
- Crazy Roads – Kindergarten Sight Word games
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets
- Bug Sight Word Games
- Ocean Sight Words Worksheet
- Kindergarten Sight Words Christmas Activity
- Candy Cane Sight Words Activity
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- plus lots more kindergarten sight words activities
- Kindergarten Reading the EASY Way – ways to master kindergarten sight words
Download Pumpkin Kindergarten Sight Words Games
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!