Make practicing shape recognition FUN with these super cute shape pumpkins! Simply download pdf file with the Pumpkin Shape Matching activity and you are ready to practice matching shapes. The shape game is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age students for a pumpkin theme in October or November.
Pumpkin shape matching
I fell in love these this super cute shape pumpkin clipart and just new I had to create a fun, engaging activity for my toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to play. This free printable Pumpkin Shape Matching is a fun way for students to learn to recognize shapes and learn shape names while having fun. This kindergarten math activity is perfect for autumn and your p is for pumpkin letter of the week theme.
Whether you are a parent looking to sneak in some extra practice as you school at home, a teacher making lesson plans for a math center in your classroom, or a homeschooler adding educational activities to your math curriculum – you will love these super cute free printable shape puzzles.
Shape matching game
Pumpkin Shape Matching Printable
Print either the shape pumpkin printables with shape words or without. You will need 2 sets. I suggest printing on cardstock or laminating for durability. Each of the orange happy pumpkins has a brown top and green leaf that is also their featured shape and are surrounded by a pretty green border.
Pumpkin Shapes Printable
Carefully, using scissors, cut the pages into separate cards. There are four cards per page.
The shapes included in this preschool shape game include: circle, diamond, square, rectangle, heart, star, triangle, trapezoid, pentagon, hexagon, and octagon.
Shuffle all the cards together and place face down. Deal out 5 cards to each player. Just like Go Fish, have players take turns asking if they have a ___ pumpkin.
1st player – Do you have a circle pumpkin?
2nd player – Nope, go get a new one from the pumpkin patch OR yes and they hand them that circle pumpkin.
Players keep matches and keep playing until one player runs out of cards. If a player makes a match they get to take another turn.
Shape Matching Game
Another fun way to use this super cute pumpkin themed printable is to use it as a shape matching game for kindergarten math. Shuffle cards and place them upside down in a grid pattern. Players take turns turning over 2 cards at a time. If they make a match they get to keep the pumpkins and take another turn. Keep playing until all the pumpkins have a match.
This activity is great for shape recognition, learning shape names, and memory skills too.
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Download Pumpkin Shape Matching
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!
You make my life so much easier! You are my #1 GO TO person for preschool and kindergarten activities when teaching from home!
Bless You! Thank you so much, Beth!
Aw, thank you! We are so honored for your readership! Happy learning!
Thank you so much for this! My students will love it this fall when we learn about halloween and autumn!