Are you ready to celebrate the month of October and all the fun pumpkins, monsters, spiders, candy corn, Jack o lanterns, and Halloween? You will love this HUGE variety of clever and fun October Crafts! We have a months worth of October crafts for kids that are just a little spooky, but not scary, and they are a great way to celebrate fall! Your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade will love these October arts and crafts to make!
I just love fall! I love the cooling weather, colorful falling leaves, big pile of red / orange / yellow / green leaves, cheerful orange pumpkins with bales of hay and scarecrows decorating porches, and the yummy taste of fall favorites! It seems like fall culminates in the month of October. We have taken all the work out of planning fun October craft ideas for your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Take a peak at all these fun October Crafts!
October Crafts for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these fun and super cute October kids crafts. All you need are a few simple craft supplies you probably already have on hand in your house and you are ready to make lots of fun crafts for kids of all ages!
Pumpkin Crafts for Kids
- Jack in a Box Paper Toy from Adventure in a Box. This fun pumpkin paper craft has a step by step video and a printable to help you make it.
- Folded Paper Pumpkin from Buggy and Buddy. These gorgeous paper pumpkins would make lovely fall or Halloween decorations for your house.
- Newspaper Pumpkin Garland from Kitchen Counter Chronicles. I love a good garland and this little pumpkins garland is adorable.
- Paper strip Pumpkins from A Dab of Glue Will Do. This fun paper craft is great for practicing cutting skills.
- Potato Stamping Pumpkins from Natural Beach Living. This is a great craft for little hands that will love stamping out lots of pumpkins, but older children will enjoy it to and can extra features to their pumpkins.
- Painted Rock Pumpkins from Easy Peasy and Fun. What a fun, and easy, way to create jack-o-lanterns!
- This Ruberband Pumpkin Craft is such a unique project with stunning results you will enjoy year after year.
- Puffy Paint Pumpkin Craft from Messy Little Monsters. What a fun art technique this is and how cute are the brightly painted pumpkins!
Spider Crafts for Kids
- Fingerprint Spiders from Simple Fun for Kids. I love this hands-on arty crafty activity.
- Spider Handprint Craft from The Best Ideas for Kids. This is such a clever way to use little fingers to make fun spiders.
- Spider Web Halloween Craft from Buggy and Buddy. Do you have some craft sticks in the cupboard? These little spiders on their webs are such a great way to use them up.
- Twiggy Spiders from Kitchen Counter Chronicles. The twiggy legs make these little spiders extra adorable.
- You are going to love this super cool Glow in the Dark Spider Web
- Cardboard Tube Spiders from Creative Family Fun. I love all the googly eyes on these cute spiders.
- Pom Pom Spider from Red Ted Art. This cute spider craft would make a great backpack charm or keyring.
- Stick Spider Webs from Mother Natured. If all your crafty spiders need a home, make one of these webs!
- Spider Headband Craft from Fantastic Fun and Learning. Dress up as a spider with this super cool spider headband. Maybe you could do a spider dance to some spider songs.
- Amazing Spider Slime!
Monster Crafts for Kids
- Friendly Monster Watercolor Blow Art from Adventures in a Box. These bright monsters look like lots of fun to make.
- Cardboard Tube Monsters from The Joy of Sharing. I love the funny faces on these cute little monsters.
- No-carve Pumpkin Monsters from Projects With Kids. These cute little monsters would look great decorating your fireplace or front porch.
- Yarn Monsters from Blue Bear Wood. I just love how cute and quirky these little monsters are.
- Halloween Handprint Painting from My Bored Toddler. Great creative and turn hands into monsters!
- Monster Slime
Cute Ghost Crafts for Kids
- Pom Pom Popper Ghosts from The Craft Train. These little poppers are so cute, and so much fun to play with.
- Fun Friendly Paper Ghosts from Picklebums. A free printable makes crafting these cute ghosts really easy.
- Easy Paper Ghost Craft from I Heart Crafty Things. These would make adorable ghost puppets, do you know any ghost stories or songs to go with them?
- Printable Ghost Halloween Craft from Printable Paper Crush. I love the ‘kawaii’ faces on these cute ghosts.
- Paper Roll Ghost from One Little Project. These flutter paper ghosts would look fabulous hung from a tree outside.
October Arts and Crafts
- Halloween Pencil Toppers from Laughing Kids Learn. These cute pencil toppers are easy to make and would be a great Halloween treat instead of candy.
- Halloween Sewing Craft from Coffee and Carpool. This is a great Halloween themed beginner sewing activity, and the finished product looks really cool.
- Tissue Paper Candy Corn from Typically Simple. Hang these bright candy corns in the window for a Halloween themed suncatcher.
- Popsicle Stick Candy Corn Friend from Glued To My Crafts. How cute is little candy corn guy!?!
- Easy Skeleton Halloween Craft from Simple Everyday Mom. This skeleton craft comes with a free printable and is a great way to practice cutting skills.
- Halloween Handprint Bats from Kids Craft Room. How much fun are these cheeky looking bats!?!
Preschool october crafts
Everyone will be busy and happy all month long making these 31 fabulous October crafts for kids! Plus don’t miss our FUN October Activities for Kids
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Lots of FUN October Activities for Kids
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
I’m clicking on something expecting it to pop-up so I can print—–it just takes me to another site or whatever. I’m sure I’m doing it wrong, but I need help! I love your work! I’m a retired SPED teacher and now own my own tutoring business. I LOVE manipulatives and I have a great laminator. Glad I found your site!
So this post is a “round-up” of crafts. So links will take you to the sites where we found the fabulous idea =)