Sneak in some simple science learning about the life cycle of a pig with these free pig worksheets. Use these pig activities to learn about animals, life cycles, or just practice math and literacy skills with a fun farm theme. These pig life cycle worksheets are perfect for kids in preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders too.
Life Cycle of a Pig
Ever wondered about the fascinating life cycle of a pig? From birth to adulthood, pigs go through incredible transformations! They begin their journey as adorable piglets, brimming with energy and curiosity. As they grow, they accompany their mother to explore the outdoors and learn essential skills. With time, these young pigs, called shoats, become independent and start to explore their surroundings on their own. Eventually, they reach adulthood, weighing hundreds of pounds and ready to contribute to the food industry. It’s truly remarkable to witness how pigs evolve and adapt throughout their lives.
Pigs for Kids
Pig Facts for Kids!
- Did you know that pigs are incredibly intelligent animals? They are actually ranked 4th in animal intelligence, just behind humans, primates, and dolphins!
- Pigs have an amazing sense of direction. They have been known to find their way home even when placed in unfamiliar surroundings. Talk about a natural GPS!
- Their sense of smell is off the charts! Pigs have an exceptional sense of smell, even better than dogs. They can sniff out truffles, peanuts, and even certain diseases!
- Contrary to popular belief, pigs are actually quite clean animals. They will create a separate area for their bathroom needs, and they are even known to learn how to use a litter box!
- Pigs are omnivores, which means they eat both plants and animals. Their favorite foods are grass, vegetables, and fruits. But they are also not picky eaters and will happily feast on insects or even small animals if given the chance!
- Pigs love to relax and sleep. In fact, they can snooze up to 14 hours a day! Imagine how refreshed you could be if you had the luxury of all that beauty sleep!
This fun printable pack is great for kids in kindergarten, preschool, prep, first grade and 2nd grade. This pack can be used to learn reading, writing and math skills as well as for reviewing these same skills. There are also some activities in which they can work on their fine motor skills as well.
In this pack, there are a variety of activities, including:
- Mazes – Complete the mazes
- Tangles – Find your way through the tangles
- Trace the Lines – Trace the lines to match the pictures
- Trace the Letters of the Alphabet – Trace the uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- Alphabet Cards – Cut out, laminate and use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones.
- Trace the Words – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- Beginning Letter Sounds – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Syllable Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Alphabetical Order – Cut and paste in alphabetical order.
- Trace the Numbers – Trace the numbers from one to fifty.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- I Spy – Count the Objects– Count the objects.
- Counting Cards – Shade the answer or cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Addition Cards – Shade the answer or cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Subtraction Cards – Shade the answer or cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Cross the Odd one Out – Cross out the object that is different.
- Cut and Paste the Pattern – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Coloring Activity – Spin and then color the picture in the correct color.
- Skip Counting – Write in the missing numbers.
- Find the Letters – Shade in the circles or use a dot marker or bingo marker to dot out all of the correct letters.
- Let’s Graph – Print out the pictures on white cardstock and then cut them out. Place them face down on a table and pick up one and graph.
Life Cycle of a Pig Worksheets
- Write and Color – Write the word then color the picture.
- Color Matching Cards – Match the color; a great way to learn colors.
- Shadow Matching Cards – Match the picture with its shadow.
- Shape Matching – Draw a line to match the shapes.
- Match the Picture to the Word – Draw a line to match the picture to the word.
- More or Less – Read the instructions and write the correct numbers.
- Life Cycle Poster
- Life Cycle Cut and Paste – Cut and paste in the correct order.
- Draw the life cycle – Draw the pictures of the life cycle in the correct order.
- Life Cycle Stages – Write the life cycle stages.
- Life Cycle Book – Trace the life cycle stages.
- Life Cycle Word Search – Find the words in the word search.
Life Cycle Worksheets
- A – Life Cycle of an Ant worksheets, Apple Life Cycle Printable, or this Apple life cycle printable spinner
- B –Barn Owl Life Cycle Worksheets, Bat Life Cycle Printable, these Bat Worksheets, Bald Eage Life Cycle Worksheets, Bee Life Cycle or these Life Cycle of a Bee Worksheet, Black Bear Life Cycle Worksheets, Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet FREE Download, Life Cycle of a Butterfly Worksheet, observation Book and step-by-step hatching experient pictures, or these Butterfly Worksheets
- C- Cat Worksheets theme or more in-depth Cat life Cycle pages, Crab Life Cycle, Chicken Life Cycle Worksheet, Life Cycle of a Chicken Worksheet Observation Book, Themed cow worksheets and Life Cycle of a Cow Worksheets, lifecycle of a crocodile worksheets
- D – dog life cycle worksheets or dog’s life cycle pack, deer life cycle worksheets for elementary or themed deer worksheets pre-k/k
- E – Life Cycle of an Elephant Worksheets
- F –Farm Animal Life Cycles- (worm, chicken, rabbit, bat) Fish Life Cycle, Flower and Plant Life Cycle for Kids Life-the-Flap, Frog Worksheets or this Frog Life Cycle for Kids Printable Spinner and Activities, Life Cycle of a Frog Worksheets, experiment and observations
- G – Giraffe Life Cycle Worksheets for kids
- H – Hippo Life Cycle worksheets, Horse Life Cycle worksheets
- I –Insect life cycle worksheet pages for kids about butterfly, ladybug, bee, and mosquito.
- J –Jellyfish Life Cycle
- K – Koala life cycle worksheets or life cycle of a koala learning pack
- L – Life Cycle of a Ladybug Printables, learn about the Life Cycle of a Ladybird, Lobster Life Cycle
- M – Mammal Animals for Kids Life Cycle Printable Books, Life Cycle of a Mosquito Worksheet Set
- P – Panda Worksheets, themed learning for pre-k and kindergarten Panda Worksheets , Life Cycle of a Penguin Worksheets. themed pig worksheets and free life cycle of a pig worksheets, Plant Life Cycles Printable Reader, Plant life cycle worksheet or this Plant Life Cycle Printable Lift-the-Flap, Plant Life Cycle for Kids, Polar Animals for kids life cycle printables, Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet, or these Life cycle of a Pumpkin pdf
- R – Life Cycle of a Rabbit Worksheet , themed rabbit worksheets for pre-k/k, Reindeer Life Cycle Worksheets, Rock Life Cycle
- S – Salmon Life Cycle Worksheet, Life Cycle of a Sea Turtle Printable Book, Life Cycle of a Seal, Shark Life Cycle, sheep life cycle worksheets or life cycle of a sheep kindergarten worksheets, fascinating Snake life cycle worksheets or Life Cycle of a Snake Themed Worksheets, Spider Life Cycle Worksheet pages for kids, Star Fish Life Cycle, Life Cycle of a Sunflower Worksheet
- T – Turkey Life Cycle Worksheet Pack
- W – Walrus Life Cycle, Water cycle Worksheet printables for kids, Water Animals for Kids Life Cycles , Watermelon Life Cycle Printable Spinner, Worm Life Cycle Worksheet, Worm Observation Book
Looking for more FREE farm printables to help kids learn a variety of skills? You will love these resources:
- Sequencing Cards – farm to table jam, milk, bread, chocolate, eggs, and orange juice (matching sequencing worksheets)
- Farm Kindergarten Sight Words Games, Printable Farm CVC Words Activity, or Money Farm Worksheets
- Tractor Worksheets for practicing making alphabet letters and Farm cutting practice worksheets
- Fun-to-Read Farm Books for Preschool and Lots of CLEVER Farm Activities for Kids
- Farm Alphabet Mats, Counting Farm Animals Readers, and free printable Farm Worksheets for Kindergarten
- C is for Cow letter of the week unit plus Farm Writing Prompts or these On the Farm Writing Prompts
- Printable Puzzle Farm animals and their babies, Farm Free printable books for beginning readers, Life on the Farm Hidden pictures printable worksheets, and Farm Building Sentences Cut and Paste Reader
- Seasons worksheet about life on the farm, Super cute Farm Coloring Pages, and Farm ABC Order Worksheets
- Free Farm Color by Number Worksheets, Do-a-Dot NUMBERS Farm Worksheets
- HUGE Kindergarten Farm Unit – over 220+ pages for Preschool, Kindergarten, & 1st Grade
- Educational Farm Activities, CUTE Preschool Farm Activities Free , or Printable Farm Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- HUGE Farm Animals Worksheet Pack with lots of math and literacy for early learners
- Farm free printable cutting activities for preschoolers, Number Sense Puzzles Farm Activities for Preschoolers
- Farm Animal Life Cycles Books, Farm Animal Tracing Worksheets, and FREE Farm Animal Puppet Printables
- Writing Numbers in Words Worksheets, Simple Sentences for Kindergarten Worksheet,LOTs of ideas in this Farm Theme Preschool, Free Farm Worksheets for Kindergarten and I Spy Farm Animals Printables
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book, Counting farm animals worksheet,
- Free farm animal tracing worksheets pdf
Pig Life Cycle Worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!