Our fun and engaging life cycle activities will help you teach your kids all about the life cycles of animals, insects and plants. These life cycles for kids include tons of free life cycle worksheets for your to print and use. Most include both a set for preschool and kindergarten that include not only life cycle printables, but also math and literacy activities too. There are also sets for elementary age students with new vocabulary, labeling, reading comprehension, reports, and more!
Life Cycles for Kids
Teaching children about life cycles is a great way to build their scientific understating and knowledge. Using children’s natural curiosity about the world around them, life cycle activities encourage scientific thinking, observations skills, and respect for all living things. It is easy to incorporate lots of other learning ares into life cycle activities too, making them a great option for any lesson plan, or a fun activity for kids who love science. Learn about the life cycle of ant, bald eagle, bat, bee, bear, butterfly, cat, chicken, cow, crocodile, deer, dog, elephant, frog, giraffe, hippo, koala, ladybug, mosquito, owl, panda, penguin, pig, rabbit, reindeer, salmon, sheep, snake, spider, turkey, worm, apple, plants, pumpkin, sunflower, rocks, water, watermelon, and more. Plus farm animal, mammas, polar animals, ocean animals, bugs and insects, sharks, seals, and fish life cycle readers too!
What is a life cycle?
Life cycles are the series of changes or stages in the life of an organism, from birth or germination to reproduction and, in some cases, death. These cycles illustrate the natural progression of life for various living things, including plants, animals, and insects. Some well known life cycles are the transformation of a tiny seed into a towering tree or the magical metamorphosis of a caterpillar into a butterfly, but there are many more fascinating animal, plant and insect life cycles for children to explore. Teaching children about life cycles provides them with a foundational understanding of the world around them, and helps them appreciate the incredible wonders of nature and how everything in the world is connected.
Life Cycle Activities
What do children learn from life cycle activities?
Life cycle activities not only teach specific scientific concepts they also build observation skills, encourage scientific thinking, develop an understanding of sequence, build vocabulary and foster a love of nature. Our life cycle printables and activities include lots of engaging images and information to reinforce a child’s knowledge about the life cycle, and ways to extend their learning with added math, literacy, and fine motor activities that compliment the life cycle. There is lots of opportunity for fun, hands on learning with matching I spy games, coloring activities, crafts, and more.
These life cycle printables are ready for immediate use, with clear instructions, and no prep involved. They are perfect preschool and kindergarten, right through to first and second grade. Use these life cycle printables and activities in your classroom, as homework, at home, or as a home school project. These practical, effective, and instantly usable resources for teaching children about life cycles are sure to help your kids build their knowledge while having fun learning.
Life Cycle Worksheets
These free printable life cycle activities are perfect for preschoolers and kindergartners. With lots of fun activities to teach the life cycle of lots of plants, animals and insects, and lots of extra activities to reinforce learning, these life cycle ideas are sure to be a hit with your young learners.
Animal Life Cycle Worksheets
- 🐜 Free ant worksheets printables Pack – make learning about the life cycle of an ant fun for kids fun with this life cycle activity or these simple Ant Life Cycle Worksheet
- 🐜 Dive more in depth with these Life Cycle of an Ant Worksheets for elementary age students including terms, posters, mini books, report, and reading comprehension.
- 🦅 Bald Eagle Life Cycle Worksheets – Kids will love working on their math and literacy skills while learning about the bald eagle life cycle.
- 🦅 Free Printable Bald Eage Life Cycle pages for elementary age students to dive deeper into habitat, vocabulary, labeling, quizes, reading comprehension, and more
- 🦇 Bat Worksheets for kids – introduce kids to life cycle of a bat while sneaking in math and literary skills with pre-k and kindergarten age students. These are great for Halloween, nocturnal animals study, animal theme, farm animals study, and more.
- 🦇 Bat Life Cycle Worksheets – forl elementary age students to dive more in depth
- 🐝 Life Cycle of a Bee Worksheet – Grab these free printables to teach kids about the life cycle of a bee while sneaking in some math and literacy learning too!
- 🐻 Black Bear Worksheets – Work on math and literacy skills while learning about the black bear life cycle. Perfect for a B is for Bear or animal theme!
- 🐻 Life Cycle of a Bear worksheets to help elementary age students work on new science vocabulary, learn the bear life cycle, discover their habitat, reading comprehension about hibernating, report forms, mini-books,and more!
- 🦋 Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet – If you are looking for a fun way for kids to learn about the life cycle of a butterfly for a b is for butterfly week, you will love these cute butterfly worksheets that also include other early learning activities too. This butterfly worksheets set is another great option!
- 🦋 Hatch your own butterflies and record your observations in this handy, free printable butterfly life cycle worksheet pack
- 🦋 Butterfly Life Cycle Craft – Learn about the life cycle of a butterfly with this super cute, simple Butterfly Life Cycle Craft.
- 🐈 Life Cycle of a Cat worksheets for kids to learn about cats, alphabet letters, counting, adding, shapes, and more with these free printable
- 🐈 Cat Life Cycle Worksheets for elementary students to dive in deeper with more science terms, posters, labeling, report forms and more
- 🐔 Life Cycle of a Chicken Worksheets, Recording Mini-book & Information – Everyone will love this unit on hatching baby chicks and the matching life cycle of a chicken worksheets.
- 🐮 Cow Worksheets – Use these cow activities to learn about life cycles, and practice math and literacy skills with a fun farm theme.
- 🐮 Life Cycle of a Cow worksheets for elementary age students to learn new science terms, write a report, fill in the blank worksheets, cut and paste worksheet, poster, mini-book, parts of a cow, cow vocabulary quiz, what is ruminants, animal report template
- 🐊 Crocodile Worksheets – Have fun learning about the life cycle of a crocodile with these free crocodile worksheets. Plus counting, addition, skip counting, what letter comes next, ABCs, and more!
- 🐊 Life Cycle of a Crocodile worksheets and activities for grade 1-6 to learn new science terms, labeling, habitat, interesting facts, quiz, report templates, and more!
- 🦌 Deer Life Cycle Worksheets to practice math and litearcy with young learners with a fun deer theme. If you have olders students, don’t miss our Deer Life Cycle worksheets with science terms, intersting facts, lable the deer, booklet, report forms, antler reading comprehension, habitat passages, and more about the life cycle of deer
- 🐶 Life Cycle of a Dog Printable Worksheets – Sneak in some simple science learning about the life cycle of a dog with these free dog worksheets that practice math and abcs too.
- 🐶Dog Life Cycle Worksheets and activities for elementary age students to learn new vocabulary, life cycle of a dog poster, label the dog, write a report, quiz on terms, and so much more!
- 🐘 Elephant Worksheets – These free printable elephant worksheets introduce kids to the life cycle of an elephant while completing a variety of math, literacy and more activities
- 🐘 Free Elephant Life Cycle activities including terms, labeling, posters, mini-book, quiz, reports, and more for elementary age students
- 🐸 Life Cycle of a Frog Worksheet – Use this fun printable wheel showing the main stages of frog development and this list of great resources for teaching kids about the life cycle of frogs.
- 🐸 Observe tadpoles turn into frogs, learn vocabulary, and record your observations in this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- 🐸 Frog Life Cycle Worksheet set for elementary age students includes label vocabulary, poster, mini-book, parts of a frog, frogs can/have/are, habitat reading comprehension, frog vocabulary quiz, report, and more.
- 🦒 Giraffe Life Cycle – Discover the fascinating life cycle of giraffes with these fun and free giraffe worksheets that include new vocabulary, labeling, worksheets, reports, reading comprension on giraffes appearance, and more!
- 🦛 life cycle of a hippopotamus – Grab these free life cycle worksheets that will help kids learn all about the hippo life cycle with elementary age students
- 🐨 Koala Life Cycle worksheets that also include activities to practice math and literacy skills with a fun koala theme.
- 🐨 Life Cycle of a Koala activities and printables for elementary age children – poster, label the koala, habitat, marsupial reading passage, new terms, quiz, report template, and more!
- 🐞 Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheets for Kids – This free printable, ladybug life cycle worksheet pack will help kids learn about lady bugs as they watch them grown and observe them in nature. Or grab these cute ladybug life cycle for kids pack
- 🦟 Life cycle of a mosquito worksheet – Learn all about mosquitos with these free printable mosquito life cycle worksheets.
- 🦉 Owl Life Cycle – Learn all about this fascinating bird with these free printable worksheets that include an overview of the barn owl life cycle plus lots of cute clipart to make practicing math and literacy skills with Prek and K5 fun!
- 🦉 Life Cycle of an Owl worksheets for elementary age students including new vocabulary, cut and paste, labeling parts of a barn owl, booklet with information, birds of prey, habitat, and more!
- 🐼 Panda Worksheets – Learn about the life cycle of a panda with these super cute panda worksheets that also include alphabet, counting, addition, rhying,a nd more.
- 🐼 Free Panda Life Cycle activities for elementary age students to learn new vocabulary, label the parts of a panda, work on reading comprehension, quiz, reports, and more
- 🐧 Penguin Worksheets – This penguin life cycle printable pack is a fun way to learn about the life cycle of Emperor Penguins, the largest of all penguins.
- 🐷 Pig Life Cycle Worksheets for kids to learn about the life cycle of a pig with these free pig worksheets
- 🐖 Life Cycle of a Pig activities for first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth graders to learn about farm animal life cycles, terms, habitats, write a report, reading comprehension, quiz with answers, and more
- 🐰 Rabbit Worksheet – Make learning about the rabbit life cycle fun for kids while sneaking in some math and literacy learning. Or try this other set of Life Cycle of a Rabbit worksheets
- 🦌 Reindeer Life Cycle Worksheets – In this fun free printable pack, children will be introduced to the life cycle of a reindeer along with other skills preschoolers and kindergartners are working on
- 🦈 Salmon Life Cycle for Kids Workshets – Whether you are studying the life cycle of salmon specifically, or just looking for a fun science activity, this salmon life cycle worksheet pack is perfect!
- 🐏 Sheep Life Cycle Worksheets – Print these sheep worksheets to read and learn about the life cycles of sheep while practing writing letters, counting, writing numbers, and more early learning skills.
- 🐏 Life Cycle of a Sheep activities for older elementary age students to learn new vocabulary, label the sheep, reading comprehension passages on habitat and raising sheep, plus report templates and more!
- 🐍 Snake Life Cycle printable worksheets pack – These kindergarten worksheets combine learning about the life cycle of a snake with math and literacy skills.
- 🐍 Life Cycle of a Snake activities for 1st-6th grade students to learn new sciene terms, life cycle facts, habitat, write a report, and other worksheet options
- 🕷️ Spider Worksheets – These spider life cycle worksheet pages include math, literacy, and science activities.
- 🦃 Life Cycle of a Turkey worksheet pack – Learn about a turkey life cycle with this HUGE 74+ page, free printable life cycle of a turkey worksheet pack!
- 🪱 Worm life cycle – print the worm observation book!
Plant Life Cycle Worksheets
- 🍎 Life Cycle of an Apple Printables – These free printable life cycle of an apple tree worksheets are great for an Apple theme, or Johnny Appleseed unit.
- 🍏 Apple Life Cycle Printable Spinner for kids to play and learn!
- 🌱 Plant Life Cycle Worksheet – Children will love learning about how plants grow from tiny seeds, into plants, and big trees with this free printable book.
- 🌿 Free Printable Plant Life Cycle Worksheet – Learning about the life cycle of a plant then observe and record a plant’s growth with these free printable plant life cycle worksheets.
- 🎃 Life Cycle of a Pumpkin Worksheet – This super cute and free printable pumpkin life cycle worksheets contain over 89 pages of themed worksheets. or try this simple Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet Pack – Simply print these life cycle of a pumpkin worksheets to play and learn about how pumpkins grow.
- 🌻 Life Cycle of Sunflower Worksheets – Learn about flower life cycles in this life cycle of a sunflower worksheet pack with over 65 pages!
- 🍉 Watermelon Life Cycle Printable Spinner Activity – Kids will love making this free printable, watermelon life cycle spinner
to help kids learn and review.
- 🌱 Lift-the-Flap Plant Life Cycle for Kids – Kids will love making this clever ‘lift the flap’ book to learn about the life cycle of plants.
- 💧 Water Cycle Worksheets – These water cycle printable pages include a water cycle diagram worksheet, pages to label, coloring pages, and more! Plus don’t miss these free water cycle booklet and weather activities for kids
- 🪨 Rock Life Cycle with this types of rocks for kids activity, a edible sedimentary rocks activity, fun types of rocks experiments, or types of rocks worksheets
Life Cycle for Kid
These readers allow kids to learn about animals and their life cycles while practicing reading skills and reading comprehension. And since they are in black and white, students can strengthen fine motor skills coloring their booklet too!
- Farm Animal Life Cycles for Kids Readers
These fun, free printable farm animal life cycles books are great for young children to learn about four different farm animals and their life cycle.
- Ocean Animal Life Cycles for Kids Printable Books
These life cycle printable books are a fun way to learn about water animals life cycles for kids.
- Plant Life Cycles For Kids Readers
These plant life cycle printables include pages to read, color and learn about three different plants and their life cycles.
- Mammal Life Cycle Readers for Kids
These free printables are a great way for young children to learn about pandas, harp seals, and walruses and their life cycles.
- Free Printable Insect Mini-Book on Life Cycles
Print these mini books and you are ready to read, color, and learn about the insect life cycle stages of the butterfly, ladybug, bee, and mosquito.
- Life Cycle of a Sea Turtle Worksheet and Reader – This free sea turtle printable reader is filled with lots of information and seat turtles and their life cycle.
- Shark Worksheets – these pages can be printed and turned into a reader for kids to read and learn about fascinating sharks!
- Polar Animals Life Cycle for Kids Printable Books
- Harp Seal for Kids Reader to read, color and learn about these aquatic mammals
- All About Fish Emergent Reader
- Whale Printable Book for Preschoolers