Kindergarten Writing Prompts
- On the Farm Writing Prompts
- Pineapple Writing Activity
- Winter Writing Prompts
- Thanksgiving Writing Prompts
- October Writing Prompts
- Picture Writing Prompts
- 500+ Pages of Writing Prompts by month, topic, and more!
Farm Writing PromptsSummer is a great time to study life on a farm. Look online and see if you have any farms in your area that welcome field trips or that offer petting farms. Children love to see how a real farm works and it is a lovely way to spend a summer day.
Writing PracticeDownload your worksheets for On the Farm Writing Practice and Prompts and get started on a fun coloring and writing activity today. You can have your child complete the pages on the way to a farm or on the way back to inspire the sentences your child composes.
Here are some tips for using the worksheets:
- Have your child trace the word and then write it on her own. As she writes have her spell it out loud.
- If your child is just learning to read have your child sound out each letter and string it together as she writes the words.
- Kids are often intimidated by writing sentences. Make it a no stress activity by asking a question about the subject presented and have your child write down her answer as her sentence.
- To lessen the stress further and make writing more enjoyable concentrate on just getting the thoughts out on paper and avoid correcting. You may want to say, “What punctuation mark do we end the sentence with?” or “Don’t forget to begin with a capital letter.” Writing is a complex task so it often helps a child to be able to get her thought down before worrying about grammar. Of course, we do want to form good habits so once the thought is complete, gently encourage the proper use of grammar.
Looking for more fun Farm activities for kids? Try these:
- HUGE Farm Unit includes over 200 pages of math, literacy, science, social studies and more!
- Free Farm Animals Printable Pack
- Printable Farm Color by Number (Freebie)
Download Creative Writing Ideas
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!