Kids will have fun improving writing skills using these super clever, FREE October Writing Prompts perfect for early learners.
Kindergarten Writing Prompts
- On the Farm Writing Prompts
- Pineapple Writing Activity
- Winter Writing Prompts
- Thanksgiving Writing Prompts
- Picture Writing Prompts
- 500+ Pages of Writing Prompts by month, topic, and more!
October Writing Prompts
October brings a lot of things to mind, most notably, Halloween. Now that school is in full swing and Halloween is on the horizon, it is a great time to introduce writing prompts. October provides a perfect palette for kids to use to shake up some creativity. Download October Writing Prompts and watch your children’s creativity spill on the page.
October Creative Writing Prompts
1. Writing Prompts: Using writing prompts encourages ideas to write about. Often children complain that writing is difficult because they don’t know what to write about. Prompts are the spark to ignite writing fire.
2. Free Writing without Editing First: Writing can be intimidating to children. Faced with a blank page they may be more concerned about spelling and grammar then getting thoughts on a page. Allow your child to simply write without the stress of editing. This will allow the child to get her thoughts on the page first. Once all her thoughts are on the page then gently go over it and edit.
3. Praise and Encourage: Once your child has completed free writing and before editing, make sure to praise the child for her ability to get her thoughts on paper. You may have to allow your child to tell you the story so you can write it first. This method is fine and worthy of praise as well. For the final writing have your child write it neatly and display it.
- Pumpkin Candy Count & Trace is a fun way to learn with this classic fall candy
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Mats
- Pumpkin Traceable Letters – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Fall Addition Sticker Math Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
Download October Writing Prompts
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!