This free printable March Writing Prompts calendar will take the work out of coming up with creative writing ideas! Perfect for encourating writing with students in Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, and Grade 5.
March Writing Prompts
Prove to your kids that writing can be fun and to yourself that it can be stress free. Post this calendar and have your child check in every day for a new and exciting writing prompt. You can use this time to prep other lessons, catch up on planning, or just have a cup of coffee. We all know that teaching writing can be a challenge but with these prompts it will take out the stress!
Whether you are a teacher, homeschooler, or parent – you will love the conveninence of this March printable with lots of creative writing ideas to help encourage students to write because we all know practice makes perfect with kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students.
Writing Promtps for Kids
Tips for Encouraging Writing
- Allow your child to free write. Writing can be overwhelming with all the steps involved. Allowing your child to just write without thinking of the grammar or spelling will ignite their creative side.
- Once your child writes her thoughts out, gently ask her to make any corrections. Not only will this improve her editing skills it will take out the stress of seeing “red marks” on her paper from the teacher.
Tips for Using Writing Prompts
- For younger students allow them to draw a picture to go along with the writing prompt.
- Turn the writing prompts into an opportunity to learn speech by having your child present her story.
- For an added grammar lesson have your child mark verbs, nouns, adjectives, etc. Perhaps you can ask your child to make sure her writing has a certain number of adjectives.
- Have your older children edit their own work.
- For fun, allow children to write a story together or read each other’s when finished and give alternative endings.
- Perhaps you can list vocabulary words or spelling words and challenge your child to use as many possible in her writing.
March Creative Writing Prompts
Some topics for creative writing in the month of march include: Dr Seuss, St Patricks Day, spring, color green, recalling winter, clover, leprechaun, pets, favorite characters, favorite, book, and so many more!
Looking for more fun march activities for kids that are both fun and educational? You will love these activities and the free march printables that go along with them;
- March Stories for Kids – grab the free printable calendar to take the work out of planning for March! Each day includes a story based on a month theme, fun holiday, or seasonal idea and an activity to go along with the book selection.
- St Patricks Day Color by Number Hat – creative march craft for kids that works on number recognition
- Printable March Creative Writing Prompts -if you’d prefer to print pages with coloring prompts and ruled lines grab these printable writing prompts.
- 20 St Patricks Day Books for Kids
- Color by Number St Patricks Day Printable – practice number recognition while revealing hidden pictures
- St Patricks Day Worksheets Color by Letter – great for working on letter recoginition and strengthening fine motor skills
- Printable St Patricks Day Math Craft – fun activity for practicing addition and subtraction within 20
- St Patricks Day Math BINGO – a fun way to practice addition
- Printable St Patricks Day Place Value Activity – fun math activity for students learning about hundreds, tens, and ones place
- Pot of Gold Phonics Game
- Count to 20 St Patricks Day Puzzles – math game for March
- St Patricks Day Hundreds Chart Coloring
Download Spring Writing Prompts
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!