The end of summer might be getting closer, but there is still time to enjoy some fun summer crafts for kids, as well as start thinking about back to school with these awesome August crafts. These august craft ideas are perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too. Whether you pick a sunflower crafts, watermelon crafts, cute back to school craft, or on of the other super cute crafts for august – you will find a simple, creative august crafts for toddlers kids will enjoy.
These August crafts for kids are so much fun! There are enough August craft ideas on this list for you to try a new August craft every day of the month! We’ve picked some really fun august crafts for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. Celebrate the end of summer with some gorgeous sunflower craft ideas, make some watermelon craft preschool, cute first day of school crafts, or one of our other summer projects like a pineapple, flip flop project, and more. These august art projects for toddlers and elementary age children are easy-to-make and enjoy.
August Crafts for Kids
All you need for these projects are some basic supplies like construction paper, scissors, glue, paint, paper plates, pompoms, popsicle sticks, google eyes, and recycled egg cartons.
There are so many cheerful yellow sunflower craft ideas for kids to make:
- Sunflower craft with oil pastels from Project With Kids Have a go at making this gorgeous sunflower art with easy to follow steps and a printable template.
- Black glue sunflower craft from Schooling and Monkey. You could make a whole field of these sunflowers for the wall!
- Egg carton sunflowers from Buggy and Buddy. Transform an egg carton into a sunflower!
- Leaf sunflower craft from Easy Peasy and Fun. These gorgeous flowers are made out of leaves!
- Paper plate sunflower from Happy Hooligans. This is an easy craft that is perfect for little hands.
- Simple, paper palte sunflower crafts from 123 Homeschool 4 Me I love that this sunflower craft uses real sunflower seeds.
- Folded paper sunflower from I Heart Crafty Things. This is such a clever way to make a sunflower.
Plus learn with the free life cycle of a sunflower worksheet pages or this counting sunflower activity for early learners. You can also practice matching upper and lowercase letters with this sunflower activity.
Clebrate Watermleon Day on August 3rd with these super cute watermelon craft ideas for all ages:
- Watermelon eye weaving from Red Ted Art. This is a fun craft for older kids and there is a great video to show you how to make them.
- Paper plate watermelon craft from The Art Kit. How cute are these little slices of watermelon!
- Watermelon sponge painting from Fantastic Fun and Learning. This painting activity is a gorgeous way to celebrate summer.
- Puffy paint watermelon craft from Crafty Morning. What a fun way to paint watermelons, and there is a DIY puffy paint recipe to try too.
- Fruity paper plate envelopes from My Poppet Send some mail in one of these cute watermelon envelopes!
- Watermelon pinwheel craft from Kids Craft Room. There is great step by step photos and a video to help you make this fun craft.
- W is for Watermelon Handart
Plus don’t miss these cute watermelon activities for kids to go along with your watermelon theme:
- Scented Watermelon Playdough
- Count playdough “seeds” with these adorable, Free Watermelon Printables
- Rows and rows of Watermelon Math Number Lines
- Fun-to-play with Fluffy Slime Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Cute Suncatcher Watermelon Craft
- W is for Watermelon HandArt Project
- Scented, Watermelon Kool Aid Play Dough Recipe for summer
- SLIME Watermelon Activities for Kids
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Volcano Watermelon Experiment – Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Work on Counting with these Watermelon worksheet
- Hands-on Alphabet practice with this Watermelon Activity
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Find the Letter Watermelon Worksheets
- Watermelon Printable Counting Clip Cards
- Free Watermelon seed counting Activity with printable
- Hands-on Watermelon Activity adding seeds with kids fingerprints
- Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Addition within 10 Watermelon Printable Math Activity
- Number Puzzles Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Ryming Words Watermelon Activity
- Watermelon Letter Matching Game
- Fact Family Watermelon Worksheets
- Watermelon Life Cycle Spinner
- Squish Bag Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Plus don’t miss these Watermelon Activities
Back to School Crafts
Whether you are looking for a school bus craft or cute school supplies inspired projects, these are super cute first day of school crafts
- Paper roll pencil craft from Easy Peasy and Fun. How fun is this giant pencil!?!
- Countdown to school craft from Preschool Inspirations. What a fun way to count the days till school starts!
- Back to school photo frame from I Heart Crafty Things. This is such a cute craft stick project.
- Easy origami school bus from Pink Stripey Socks. An easy origami tutorial that you can personalize with some art!
- Monster pencil toppers from Red Ted Art. Make some of these cute monster pencils to celebrate back to school.
- Pool noodle pencil from Lalymom. This giant pencil really writes!
- Popsicle stick glue bottle friends craft from Glued to My Crafts How cute are these little guys?!?
First day of school activities
Plus don’t miss these other back to school activities to get your kindergarnter ready to learn:
- Glue Number Bonds Worksheets – practicing addition within 20
- Practice what comes next with these Back to School Math pencil counting strips
- Work on color recognition with these adorable Crayon Box Craft for Preschoolers and Kindergartens
- Record your child’s favorite as they head off to school with these All about me printable poster for kindergarten
- Celebrate the 1st day of School with these First Day of School Hat.
- Back to School Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Count to 20 Clip Cards
- Back to School Counting Puzzles
- Printable Back to School ABC Games
- Back to School 1-10 Number Worksheets
- Back to School Color by Number
- Free School Supplies Tracing Worksheet
- I Spy Back to School Printable
- Free Back to School Worksheets Preschool
- Back to School Theme for Preschoolers
- Apple Worksheet Preschool
- Crayon Colors Printable Crafts for Kids
- School Bus Beginning Sounds Activity
- Free Back to School Coloring Pages
- Free printable first day of school signs
- School Supplies Tracing Lines Free Printables
- Super Cute and Easy Pencil Craft
- Free Back to School Worksheets – Crack the Code
- School Supplies Free sudoku printables
- Back to School Printables Bundle
- Super cute, Free All About Me Printable Poster for Kindergarten
August Craft Ideas
Plus don’t miss these other August arts and crafts to make turtles, summer fruit, flip flops, summer memory books, and more!
- Monarch butterfly symmetry craft from Buggy and Buddy Celebrate the monarch butterfly migration with this gorgeous craft and practice some math concepts too.
- Pom pom pineapple from My Poppet. Another delicious summer fruit is pineapple, and this pineapple craft is gorgeous!
- Summer Pencil holders from Red Ted Art. Make these summer fruit pencil holders to celebrate back to school!
- Free printable crab hats from Kids Craft Room. If you’ve got time for one more trip to the beach this summer, you should definitely make a crab hat to wear!
- Colorful flip flop art from Pink Stripey Socks. This is such a bright and colorful art activity!
- DIY paper fan craft from Red Ted Art Is it still hot where you live? Cool off with one of these fans.
- Egg carton turtle craft from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls. Sea turtles are laying eggs in some places at this time of, and these little egg carton turtles are a great craft for learning about them.
- Paper plate turtle craft from Fireflies and Mudpies. There is a printable template to help you make this cute turtle!
- Flower crowns and necklaces from The Artful Parent. Celebrate the end of summer with a crown!
- Paper bag summer memory book from I Heart Crafty Things What a lovely way to capture summer memories, and there are some great printables to make this project even easier.
August crafts for toddlers
You’ll be busy all month long making these 31 fun August crafts for kids!
- First Day of Summer Printable Hat
- Watermelon Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Practice making letters with this hands-on Watermelon Printables
- Count to 20 with these Watermelon Summer Playdough Mats
- Smore Skip Counting Activity
- Count to 10 Vegetable Printables
- Counting Farm Animals Worksheets
- Zoo Animal Worksheets
- Summer Maze Kindergarten Sight Word Worksheets
- Summer Counting Clip Cards
- Printable Summer Math Worksheets
- Grab these Summer Free Printable Bookmarks and a book off our Kindergarten Book List
- Bee Ten frame addition worksheets pdf
- Grill and Count Summer Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Counting to 20 Activity
- Free Bubble Word Family Activity
- Pirate Number Sense Game
- Ice Cream Pattern Activity for Kindergarten
- I Spy Ice Cream Printables
- Hot Dogs Number Words Activity
- Fishing Math Craft is a fun Number Bond Activities
- Practice writing with these summer writing prompts for kindergarten worksheets or Build and Write Lego Writing Promtps
- Practice Tracing Letters with this summer themed Ice Cream Printables
- Work on phonics skills with these Beginning Sound Activities for summer
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Practice counting and tracing with these cute Sandcastle Summer Worksheets
- Surfboard Opposite Puzzles
- Camping Worksheets to work on math and literacy skills with kindergartners
- Seeds Find the Letter Worksheets
- Garden Seeds Adding to 10 – Addition Activities for Kindergarten
- Summer Kindergarten Worksheets to work on math
- Swimming Goggles Alphabet Matching Game
- Pool Summer Counting Count and Trace Activity for Numbers 1-20
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Practice letter tracing on these cheery summer tracing worksheets
- Summer Color by Number Worksheets
Summer Activities for Kids
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- Fun Seeds and Plants Activities for Kindergarten
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Lego DIY Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Sidewalk Chalk Recipe
- 31 July Crafts for Kids
- Amazing Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT Bubbles
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Bubble Painting
- 2 Ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- Marshmallow Shooter STEM Activity
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Stunning Coloring Flower Science Experiment
- 107 Summer Activities for Kids