Get buzzzzy practicing math with this fun, hands on Bee Ten Frame Math activity for pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
Ten Frame Math
Helping kindergartners, preschoolers, and first grade students to be comfortable counting to 10, adding within 10, and adding on to equal 10 is an important skill they must master before moving on to more advanced math. Addition within 10 is one of the most important skills memorize and know down pat.
As with all new skills, practice makes perfect! This fun, summer bee theme activity is a great way to to help students get the practice they need using a ten frame to solve addition task cards.
Whether you are a parent sneaking in some extra summer learning practice, a teachers planning a math center or a supplemental activity, or a homeschooler working on next year’s lesson plans for your kindergartener – this fun educational activity is sure to be a hit with your child!
Ten Frame Addition
Cut the cards apart, there are 4 task cards per page. Set out with playdough, bee mini erasers, buttons or other manipulative and a dry erase marker and you are ready for some fun math!
Kindergarten Math Activity
Help your child count the number of bees in the ten frame hive. Show them that number is noted under the hive.
How using a manipulative such as playdough (we made a simple bee from black and yellow playdough), bee mini eraser, button, or anything else you have on hand add items to the 10 frame until it is filled, you have 10. Have your child count how many more he added and write that number on the empty line under the hive.
Finally have your child count all the bees in the hive; there will always be 10 with the ten frame is full. Now have your child take away the number they are to subtract by removing manipulatives or crossing out bees in the hive and have them count how many they are left with and write that number on the empty line.
This is such a great way to introduce children to addition and subtraction which will be a building block for all future math!
Bee Activities for Kids
- Bee Counting Game
- National Honey Bee Day Activities for August 17th
- B is for Bee Handprint art
- Bee Number 1-12 Worksheets
- Sorting letters with curves and no curves Bee Activity for Preschoolers
- Sorinting bees – Bee Printable Visual Discrimination
- FREE Bee Life Cycle Worksheets Printables
- Ten Frame Bee Math
- Bee Theme for Preschoolers
- Rhyming Match Beehive Jive
- Potato Stamped Bumble Bee Craft
- Letter B Printable Weekly Theme for Preschoolers
10 Frame Math
- This ten frame games uses magnets for a fantastic visual!
- Dinosaur ten frame printable addition activity
- Looking for a seasonal activity, try this Christmas Math Task Cards using a ten frame
- In the fall use this hands-on ten frame apple activities for kindergarten
- Celebrate winter with this Snowman Printable ten frame clip card set
- Cute Valentines Day Math Love Monster Ten Frame
- Your llama llama fan will love using this ten frame counting worksheets
- Get buzzing with this Bee Ten Frame Math
- Making 10 with Ten Frames Worksheets
- Count to 20 on a ten frame using these summer playdough counting mats
- Kids will go nuts over this Grilling up ten Frame Activities
- Fruit Loop Ten Frame Activities for Preschoolers
- Simple Ten Frame Template Printable activity with playdough
- Marshmallow ten frame activities
- Summer Lemonade Stand ten frame printable
Bee Math for Kindergartners
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal or personal classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.