Students will have fun working on reading skills with this fun spring rhyming activity for kindergartners to work on literacy skills.
Why is rhyming so important? Rhyming helps teaches children begin to notice and work with sounds as they try to figure out how language works. Hearing the rhythm or rhymes helps them get better at making predictions which is an important reading skill.
Find more rhyming activities or more fun way to learn with do a dot printables. Don’t miss all our free printable worksheets for kindergarten and kids activities filled with ideas for every holiday and season of the year!
Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
Kindergarten kids will LOVE this rhyming center that helps kids improve reading! Kids will choose a card and find the matching short vowel sound and then use a dot marker to identify short vowel words that rhyme with the word on each cloud. These are great way to work on rhyming words for kindergarten.
Parents, teachers, and homeschoolers are like will love this kindergarten literacy activity that will help students improve fluency and prepare them to be life long learners. This can be done as a spring or St Patricks day literacay center, homework, extra practice or seatwork.
- A4 paper
- Bingo daubers (also called dot markers, bingo markers, do a dot marker, etc.)
This spring rhyming activity can be used in black and white to save on printing costs or in full color for a fun, educational activty to brighten your March, April, and May. Print as many cards as you need for the number of students in your class . Be sure to have enough of those cards for your dot marking center. You could also choose to laminate the cards and use them with dry erase markers.
Spring Activities for Kindergarten
I LOVE using learning mats – they are so much fun for kids and best of all, they are quick to setup and play! Use these mats to help kids learn to read and identify rhyming and CVC short vowel words. We know that with learning, repetition and practice is key. Kids will be motivated to find and use dot markers to identify their CVC words short vowel sounds using these fun rainbow themed cards.
After you’ve printed the cards, place the mats on the table and show the kids what they need to do. They choose a kindergarten rhyming worksheets and read the short vowel CVC word on the cloud. They will then keep reading the words across the window, dabbing the rhyming words to solve the maze to the pot of gold. They continue to do so until they have found all the matches for that card. Encourage them to say the word on the card as they look for the matching words.
CVC words can be difficult for kindergarten kids. Encourage them to work on their reading and rhyming skills with this set of fun cards!
- Back to School Rhyming Activity – kids will be excited to practice rhyming words with these low prep puzzles
- Rhyming Rainbows is a springtime activity for kindergarnters to practice!
- Rhyming Word Family Strips – ready, set, action! These film strip themed rhyming activity is sure to be a hit with your students
- Dig into to this Farmer and the Dell Rhyming sensory bin for kids
- Butterfly Rhyming Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me is a great way for kindergarten and first graders to practice this early reading skill
- If you are working on words with similar patterns mid year, try these super cute Winter Rhyming Puzzles
- Rhyming Picture Clip Cards are a fun, resuable activity perfect for your next literacy center
- Strawberry Picking Rhyming cards are as fun as they are cute with the adorable summer clipart
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhymes
- Kids love cut and paste worksheets! These Valentines Day Rhymes are a fun way to practice
- Robot Rhyming Puzzles are sure to be a hit with your young learners
- Rhyme in December with these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Lion Rhyming Words Activity
Download Rainbow CVC Words Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!