Kids will have fun learning about five different biomes as they color and read key facts about each biome with these FREE printable Biome Coloring Pages for kids of many ages.
Biome Coloring Pages
Biomes are regions of the world that have similar climates as well as similar animal and plant life.
There are many different biomes that usually come under two main headings – terrestrial (land) or aquatic (water). In this animal habitats pack, children will learn about a mixture of five different biomes:
Parents, homeschoolers, and classroom teachers will love these no prep science worksheets that help students learn about animal habitats without any prep work. These are great for a science center, homework, animl theme, extra seatwork, and more!
Learn about five different biomes with this fun coloring page aimed at young children of toddler, kindergarten, preschool and grade 1 age. Preparation of these kindergarten worksheets is easy, just download the black and white pages of this pack and print. Then these worksheets for kids could be laminated and held together with a binder ring to use to refer to once completed.
Each page in this printable pack contains information on one biome. There is a black and white background image of the biome which is then filled in with gorgeous black and white images of animals and plants that call that particular biome home. On each of the pages, there are also four to five facts about the biome which the children can read before or after coloring in the pages.
Biomes for Kids
These pages could also be used as a starting point for more research on the different biomes, and how animals and plants manage to survive, especially in some of the more harsh environments like the desert and the tundra. They could also research the areas in which these biomes exist and map them out on a world map. Another study idea is to research why many of these biomes are disappearing or shrinking, the effects it is having on our climate and how this could be reversed.
Looking for more free biomes activities for kids of all ages to learn about animals and the places they live.
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Printable Silly Puzzles Animal Habitat Activity
- Animal Habitat Mats
- Forest Habitat Sensory Bin
- Biome Flip Books
- Exploring Biomes with Printable Habitat Game for Kids
- Camel Notebooking Pages
- Animal Habitats Worksheets for Kids using circle stickers
- See more Kindergarten Science ideas you will LOVE!
Download Biomes of the World Worksheet
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!