Kids will have fun learning about animal habitats with this super cute, FREE printable Animal Habitats Matching Activity. Make it extra memorable by adding in animal cookies!
Animal Habitats for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low prep, easy habitats activity for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. Use this as a science center, summer learning, or hands on learning activity that works as an enrichment to any science curriculum or program you use.
This is such a great way to help kids learn about animal habitats! This LOW PREP activity works great on its own or paired with kid favorite animal crackers.
Animal Habitat Activities for Kindergarten
Habitat Activities for Kindergarten
Kids will learn about the animals that live in these 9 habitats:
- coniferous forest
- australian woodlands
- river, lake, or marsh
Animal Habitats Activities
This is such a fun, simple habitat activities for preschool, kindergarten, and first grade kids. Kids will sort the animals onto the correct habitat mat.
HINT: This activity is color coded so students will match all the items with the same colored border. This makes this habitats activity perfect for kindergarten science.
Animals and their Habitats
So you can do the activity as a simple printable sorting activity as pictured above…. but my kids loved using animal cookies to make the activity even more fun! Kids can practice sorting animal cookies by habitats.
This activity was made so that we have the correct habitat for every animal in a box / bag of animal crackers!
We liked to combine the activities. First we sorted our animal cookies by habitats. Then, we sorted the remaining animals onto their correct habitat mat.
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for teaching a variety of things for 3-15 year olds!
- Edible Animal Cells
- Biology Vocabulary Flashcards (free printable!)\
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Habitat Adventure Game (Free – Exploring Biomes, Taxonomy, and Animals for K-6th)
- Zoo Fieldtrip Guide
- Animal Habitats Worksheets with circle stickers
- Silly Animal Puzzle and Habitats Activity
- Biome Coloring Pages
- Animal Homes Clip Cards
- 40 Zoo Animal Crafts for Kids
Science Activities for Kids
- Easy Flower Science Project – dye a flower 2 colors at the same time!
- Colorful Oil & Water Experiment
- Wow! Colorful Candy Science
- Egg Sink or Float Experiment
- Month by Month Science Experiments
- Capillary Action Science Experiment
Animal Habitat Printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!