How adorable are llamas? They are just the cute sort of animals that will get your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age child excited for learning. Use this ten frame counting printable to make practicing counting on a ten frame fun and engaging! Simply download 10 frames kindergarten pdf file with and you are ready to play and learn!
10 frames Kindergarten
Ten Frames have been used in schools for a long time and are very effective too. Ten frames are designed to help young children to develop their number sense visually. It is a chance to get hands-on with numbers and young children enjoy this type of activity tremendously. It is a good tool to use during a Maths lesson as well as independent work- think Maths Centre or busy bag/quiet time activity.
Simply print the pages of the llama Ten Frames activity. You can laminate these printables if you wish for it to last a while, or simply use dry-erase pockets. Then, cut out the individual cards. Grab a few manipulatives(we have used star beads here, but anything will do. Perhaps you have llama mini erasers or pompoms on hand?) All set for fun learning!
Let the child pick a llama ten frames card, then “read” the number on the card. These cards have the numeral and the number’s name so that the child can practice connecting the two concepts.
Ten Frame Counting
Pick out the corresponding number of stars by packing it out on the ten frames block, working left to right. Why this way specifically? This is the direction in which we read and we train our brains to follow autonomously.
- The number cards can be placed in numerical order.
- After completing the ten frames, questions such as “Which card has the most/least stars?”, or, “How many more stars does have the three-card have to the one-card?”.
- Compare the number cards, leads to inference and develops the child’s observation skills.
- Use mathematical vocabulary throughout the discussion to enhance learning in a natural and fun way.
Have fun learning with our llama ten frames counting activity! Grab your free set now!
10 Frame Math
- This ten frame games uses magnets for a fantastic visual!
- Dinosaur ten frame printable addition activity
- Looking for a seasonal activity, try this Christmas Math Task Cards using a ten frame
- In the fall use this hands-on ten frame apple activities for kindergarten
- Celebrate winter with this Snowman Printable ten frame clip card set
- Cute Valentines Day Math Love Monster Ten Frame
- Your llama llama fan will love using this ten frame counting worksheets
- Get buzzing with this Bee Ten Frame Math
- Making 10 with Ten Frames Worksheets
- Count to 20 on a ten frame using these summer playdough counting mats
- Kids will go nuts over this Grilling up ten Frame Activities
- Fruit Loop Ten Frame Activities for Preschoolers
- Simple Ten Frame Template Printable activity with playdough
- Marshmallow ten frame activities
- Summer Lemonade Stand ten frame printable
Looking for more free kindergarten math printables and fun math activities for kindergartners? We’ve got lots of fun kindergarten math:
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets are a really fun way for kindergartners to work on counting and visual discriminiation skills!
- Farm Animals I Spy Printables
- Bugs I Spy Worksheets
- Summer Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets
- Ocean Color by Number Printable
- Hundreds Chart Battleship
- Dinosaur Color by Number Printable Worksheets
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Color by 100s Chart
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition
- Gingerbread Man Sequencing Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Sequencing with There was a cold lady who swallowed some snow pdf
- Count and Trace with Candy Pumpkin Printables
- Kite Skip Counting Math Craft (free printable!)
- Sandcastle Math Subtraction Craft (freebie)
- 100 Number Sense Activities and Games
- Butterfly Math – Learning Numbers 1 to 10
Kindergarten Math Printables
- What Comes Next Math Pencil Strips
- Farm Do a Dot Printables Numbers – use bingo daubers to make numbers 1-10, count farm animals, and trace numbers too
- Dinosaur Math Worksheets for practicing a variety of math skills
- Snowman Place Value Worksheets
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Star Wars Number Tracing
- Free Printable Writing Number Worksheets
- Teaching about currency with Money Puzzles
- Learning about Coins Money Sorting Mat
- Hot Dog Number Words Activity
- Kindergarten Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Super cute Goldfish Addition
- Count and smash Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Free Sticky Number Bonds Kindergarten Worksheets
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- Kindergarten Summer Pool Beach Balls Count and Trace Numbers 1-20
- 70 Fun and FREE Kindergarten Math Games
- Super cute, Free Printable Coloring Calendar 2021
Addition and Subtraction Activities
Here are a few more addition and subtraction games with a spring theme
- Hibernating Animals Subtraction Within 5 Worksheets
- Spring Numbers to 20 Board Game– Try this fun springtime activity for practicing counting on or addition
- Rainbow Math Game– Rainbows are fun, and this game involves a tasty treat at the end.
- Make 10 Seeds Addition Game– Seeds are prefect for Springtime. Maybe you can plant some when you are done.
- Ladybug Addition Game – Kids love ladybugs and these cute addition cards will be a hit
- Frog Addition Game – kids will have fun adding up frog numbers and matching them with the correct lily pads
- Bubble Kindergarten Math Worksheets – fun, spring themed math practice
- Goldfish Subtraction Practice -This free printable Goldfish Subtraction Game is a fun to practice subtraction and everyone loves goldfish crackers
- Number Bonds to 10 Fishing Math Craft – help kids see the relationship between numbers in addition with this super cute, summer themed kindergarten craft
- Sandcastle Math – super cute math craft for kindergartners to practice subtraction!
Download Llama Counting Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!